Magic Kingdom Fireworks Parties

I'm sure you can do both, but it wouldn't be a very good use of after hours time... that's a lot of $$$ for an event within an event.
I agree. I would love to do the before fireworks party for that reason, but I don't know if that would be allowed.

I wonder how this works if you don't have a park ticket for the day but you do have an after hours party ticket? Assuming the fireworks are at 8pm and you can get in with the party ticket at 7pm, I'm guessing you could do the after fireworks party using the party ticket but maybe not the before fireworks party since you check in for that 90 minutes ahead of time?
I may do this for the holiday after hours. I’ll have a park ticket for that day, though. I’m ok with the splurge - I really wanted to see the new fireworks from somewhere in front of the castle, but I knew the crowding would freak me out and had resigned myself to being somewhere in the back of the park. I always feel the the biggest benefits for after hours/evening events begin once it’s only attendees in the park, though.

ETA - in the event description for fireworks parties, they do say that valid admission (and park res) are required - though AH maybe counts…?

Last edited:
For anyone who has done this party in the past I am looking to book one for my family (we are first timers). I am torn between the seated area and standing, which gives a better view of the fireworks? Thanks in advance.

For anyone who has done this party in the past I am looking to book one for my family (we are first timers). I am torn between the seated area and standing, which gives a better view of the fireworks? Thanks in advance.

We've never done the seated seating on the terrace. We've done the plaza garden view, which is excellent because you are right in front of the castle, and it was nice to be out in the open. We didn't do the seated since it is off to the side and I think can be somewhat under the roof/overhang. Others can speak to that :)

We did the plaza garden view. It's a great view since you're right in front of the castle. We all sat until it was time for the fireworks and then everyone stood up. We didn't do the seated one since the view isn't as great. We enjoyed it and will do it again.

So are the projections on MSUSA not going to be important to the overall viewing of DE or is the view for the dessert parties going to miss out? And will they still have parties on the nights of after-hours events, particulary the after party?

I wonder how this works if you don't have a park ticket for the day but you do have an after hours party ticket? Assuming the fireworks are at 8pm and you can get in with the party ticket at 7pm, I'm guessing you could do the after fireworks party using the party ticket but maybe not the before fireworks party since you check in for that 90 minutes ahead of time?
I'm sure you can do both, but it wouldn't be a very good use of after hours time... that's a lot of $$$ for an event within an event.
I was wondering the same thing regarding if it would work with an after hours ticket.

We could enter MK at 7pm and check in for after fireworks dessert party. Fireworks are scheduled at 8pm that night. MK closes at 8:30pm. Let's say fireworks last for 20 minutes, that leaves 40 minutes to go have desserts while day guests leave. At 9pm, go enjoy after hours event.

I remember people who booked just for the viewing spot though.

So are the projections on MSUSA not going to be important to the overall viewing of DE or is the view for the dessert parties going to miss out? And will they still have parties on the nights of after-hours events, particulary the after party?

This is what I am wondering. How do we know the view is any good? Disney is advertising the projections on Main Street heavily but you would miss all of that.

This is what I am wondering. How do we know the view is any good? Disney is advertising the projections on Main Street heavily but you would miss all of that.

This is my thought too. Based on what Disney has already published, it seems like the best view might be somewhere near the end of MSUSA, maybe around Casey's or the ice cream parlor, so you can be near enough the castle to see the projections but also be somewhat in MSUSA to see most of those projections. Sitting in the Plaza Garden may be okay if you turn around enough to see what's behind you. You will likely miss out on everything on MSUSA in Tomorrowland Terrace, or maybe get a little peak at stuff projected on Casey's depending on your angle. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the show actually looks like to know for sure. I have a December trip planned so hopefully by then people on this forum and some of the vloggers will already scope out the best places to stand.

Question for people who have done these parties before - how crowded does it get in the gardens and in the TLT? I never did the parties, but with Covid I don't know if I want to stand shoulder to shoulder in the middle of all the crowds. I remember watching the fireworks once and someone was standing so close behind me that I felt them sneeze on my shoulder. Gross. I might be willing to pay these prices if it means having a little more space. Although the idea of all the desserts laid out buffet style also grosses me out a little.

Question for people who have done these parties before - how crowded does it get in the gardens and in the TLT? I never did the parties, but with Covid I don't know if I want to stand shoulder to shoulder in the middle of all the crowds. I remember watching the fireworks once and someone was standing so close behind me that I felt them sneeze on my shoulder. Gross. I might be willing to pay these prices if it means having a little more space. Although the idea of all the desserts laid out buffet style also grosses me out a little.

We last did a garden dessert party in December 2019 for MVMCP and there was plenty of space :) I could have done "grass" angels with my husband, lol. Same was true of the previous one we went to in I think 2017.

I am super happy about this. The one thing my friend asked we do our next trip is see fireworks. The problem is I HATE crowds (anxiety). So I had been hoping they brought the parties back. I figure it would be a good way for her to see them and for me not to have a panic attack due to crowds.

I've been to both the Terrace seating and the garden plaza many times. We actually prefer the garden view for what you can see BUT there is definitely something to be said for being able to sit in a real chair at a real table without people bumping you to relax and enjoy the show. The downside for us is that if you don't get a table at the railing, you don't get the best view.

A dumb question but how can this be purchased tomorrow? Will it show up under dining? Does it have to be done by phone?

A dumb question but how can this be purchased tomorrow? Will it show up under dining? Does it have to be done by phone?
Reservations can be made starting September 23. Same process as making ADRs.
I’m pretty sure the MK fireworks parties can be booked September 17th and the Epcot fireworks viewing parties/dinners can be booked Sept 23. Double check me, but that’s what I have put on my calendar!

I am so happy the dessert parties are back! I love the viewing area on the grass and the food is fun too.

Same !!! We loved the Plaza Terrace Garden party--- now trying to decide which one to book, because the Ferrytale Dessert Cruise looks nice too !! Thinking my kids would really like the scavenger hunt, and the Mickey Vision glasses !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter