Magic Kingdom no Park Avail on June7th and June14th

PinkPixel

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know why these two Mondays are already booked up for Magic Kingdom and no other days in June so far? What is it about Monday?

Purely anecdotal, but I’ve heard that people like to start their vacation week A) on Mondays and B) at the Magic Kingdom. (I know we always start out at MK.)

Again, just what I’ve read before.

Travel also picks up once schools are over. Some schools end their year around Memorial Day. Magic Kingdom is likely where families with small children go first compared to something like Epcot.

Purely anecdotal, but I’ve heard that people like to start their vacation week A) on Mondays and B) at the Magic Kingdom. (I know we always start out at MK.)

That's interesting, I can see that being the case. Personally, out of the last 5 trips, we've started on Saturday twice and Wednesday 3 times. Wednesday to Wednesday used to be our thing. I changed jobs in between and can't take 6 days off of work now, but Sat to Sat works great.

We used to Resort Hop on arrival day then started in AK on our first park day.

Since COVID makes resort hopping harder, we've just been going into EPCOT casually on arrival day since we stay at CBR and hop on the Skyliner.

That's very interesting! My family has done the opposite lately, ending with Magic Kingdom. That makes sense though, and the weekends still have Hollywood Studios availability when I thought weekends were the time avoid!

That's interesting, I can see that being the case. Personally, out of the last 5 trips, we've started on Saturday twice and Wednesday 3 times. Wednesday to Wednesday used to be our thing. I changed jobs in between and can't take 6 days off of work now, but Sat to Sat works great.

We used to Resort Hop on arrival day then started in AK on our first park day.

Since COVID makes resort hopping harder, we've just been going into EPCOT casually on arrival day since we stay at CBR and hop on the Skyliner.
I like the idea of starting in Animal Kingdom, I have never tried that. Thats a nice mellow build up.

That's very interesting! My family has done the opposite lately, ending with Magic Kingdom. That makes sense though, and the weekends still have Hollywood Studios availability when I thought weekends were the time avoid!
We actually always bookend--start and finish with MK. Nothing like that first step onto Main Street, and then that last look back at the castle as you head out the gate!

I like the idea of starting in Animal Kingdom, I have never tried that. Thats a nice mellow build up.

We like it. AK is usually always our first full park day. We save MK for Tuesday and Thursdays as those tend to be the least busy days in our opinion. All depends on events and magic hours (when running) and things, though.

Don't blame me. I've booked HS for the 14. LOL

Seriously, I've been watching the dates fill up the week we're going (13-18). A couple days ago HS was the only thing booked completely on some of the days. Now MK is booked some, too.

've booked HS for the 14. LOL

Seriously, I've been watching the dates fill up the week we're going (13-18). A couple days ago HS was the only thing booked completely on some of the days. Now MK is booke
I'm just thankful I started my trip planning back in January for our June trip. I've read some posts in threads that suggest advanced planning isn't nearly as important in years past because of the limited dining, shortened windows for ADRs, no FP, etc. But, I'm feeling that park reservations are a must do upon booking your stay.

Does anyone know why these two Mondays are already booked up for Magic Kingdom and no other days in June so far? What is it about Monday?

interesting, looking just now, on June 8 (Tuesday), 3 of the parks are no longer available; only Epcot is “free” for park reservation. We are going to be at the parks around that time, and I’m seeing how important it is to grab these reservations in advance.

We actually always bookend--start and finish with MK. Nothing like that first step onto Main Street, and then that last look back at the castle as you head out the gate!

This is what I do and why I like being able to hop. Even if I only go in the first day for an hour and do one attraction I'm good. I normally take a redeye so am in the park by 10 or so. I like to hit MK then DS for lunch and shopping and then another park after my rooms ready if it wasn't first thing which I've had happen a couple times. If hopping is still not until 2 my entire departure day in Sept will he at MK due to when my flight leaves. Like to end with a ride on the peoplemover, fingers crossed it's open by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter