• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Sketch Swap~Interest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgansmom2000

DIS Veteran
This is an interest thread for the Magic Kingdom Sketch Swap.

This is not a sign-up thread, but please post if you think you would be interested in joining this swap so I can get an idea of how many people will be playing so we know how many pages to sign-up for.

Depending upon the number of people who are interested in the swap, you will pick 4 titles and make 12 sets of a 2-page layout for each title. Each 2-page layout should include a title, room for at least two 4x6 photos, an embellishment or two, and a spot to journal (can be a box, shape or paper strips).

You may choose any sketch you wish, as long as it meets the above requirements. You may rotate the sketch however you wish, as long as it meets the above requirements.

Now...do we want both pages glued down? Say I choose Dumbo. I make one page with a title, two photo mats, and a journal box which is all stuck down. For the second page, I send a page of background paper, another two photo mats, a border (or whatever), and a Dumbo NOT GLUED DOWN. The photo mats for page 2 can be used vertical or horizontal, so if I hold my camera one way and you hold yours the other, we can both still use the page.

Please look at the list below and let me know if there is anything you think should be deleted, added, or changed (someone please check my spelling, especially). I'd like the list to be finalized before we start sign-ups. Should we include the generic 'land' titles?

Magic Kingdom

1. Fantasyland
  2. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  3. Goofy's Barnstormer
  4. Enchanted Forest
  5. Storybook Circus
  6. it's a small world
  7. Enchanted Tales with Belle
  8. Journey of the Little Mermaid
  9. Mad Tea Party
  10. Mickey's PhilharMagic
  11. Peter Pan's Flight
  12. Prince Charming Regal Carousel
  13. Snow White's Scary Adventure
  14. Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  15. Adventureland
  16. Enchanted Tiki Room
  17. Jungle Cruise
  18. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  19. Pirates of the Caribbean
  20. Swiss Family Tree House
  21. Frontierland
  22. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  23. Splash Mountain
  24. Country Bear Jamboree
  25. Tom Sawyer Island
  26. Liberty Square
  27. Haunted Mansion
  28. Hall of Presidents
  29. Liberty Belle Riverboat
  30. Main Street USA
  31. Dapper Dans
  32. Walt Disney Railroad
  33. The Castle
  34. Tomorrowland
  35. Astro Orbiter
  36. Buzz Lightyear
  37. Stitch's Great Escape
  38. Carousel of Progress
  39. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  40. Space Mountain
  41. Tomorrowland Speedway
  42. Tomorrowland Transit Authority
  43. Partners
  44. Statues
  45. Snack Time
  46. Fireworks
  47. Entrance
  48. Parade
  49. Stockades at Liberty Square
  50. On the bench with Goofy?
  51. On the bench with Roy and Minnie?
  52. Sword in the Stone?
  53. Firehouse?

Sign-ups will begin Thursday, November 8th at 9:00 am Eastern. Pages will be due February 15, 2013. This is a FIRM due date. I want to use the following week (February vacation) to sort, photograph, and return the swap.

Should we include a separate group for characters?

Potential players:

1. MorgansMom2000
  2. tyniknate
  3. mommy2mrb
  4. PrincessNancy96
  5. urbkols
  6. vgrandy
  7. JJ&JHsMom
  8. BAMB
  9. VickiV
  10. catinthehat35
  11. bigsis1970
  12. 3pletprincesses

Angel:
JohnsonsLoveDisney

the list looks good to me! count me in!

I like the idea of keeping the 2nd page unattached so we can change the PM if we need too!

and that we should do the characters as a separate swap IMHO!

I'm in...

I too agree that we send all the supplies for page 2... and maybe the sketch so if someone wants to replicate it they can... (if I chose a 2 page that flows together...I have a couple I want to use.)

Also, did you see my note in the other thread about packaging?
Would you like us to presort them like we did with the Wall Art Swap?
Let's say we have 10 swappers.. I presort all of my spots into the 10-2gallon bags and then label all the bags w/ my spots (include photo of sketch used).. then you would only have to sort the 10 bags from all of us instead of each individual page... Just a thought...

good idea about the sorting Nan! esp if we are having the 2nd page be in pieces so things don't get lost.
would we include a copy of the sketch then or just note which sketch # and site we used?

Either way would work Lisa.. I'm more of a visual person so I would print mine out... but that is just me....

I'm in. Due date sounds good. I like the idea of not having the second page glued down. So happy the characters will be on their own...That was some list yesterday;)

Just finished reading the other thread...I'm intrigued, but, I have a couple questions.

1) Can the glued down page be the left or the right?

2) Are we using ride specific colors for the layouts?

These quarterly page swaps may pull me back into swapping ;)

I'm in...

I too agree that we send all the supplies for page 2... and maybe the sketch so if someone wants to replicate it they can... (if I chose a 2 page that flows together...I have a couple I want to use.)

Also, did you see my note in the other thread about packaging?
Would you like us to presort them like we did with the Wall Art Swap?
Let's say we have 10 swappers.. I presort all of my spots into the 10-2gallon bags and then label all the bags w/ my spots (include photo of sketch used).. then you would only have to sort the 10 bags from all of us instead of each individual page... Just a thought...

Haven't read the other thread yet, but I like that idea of presorting! That'd be awesome.

You can include the sketch or mark it. Either way, I'd like to get an email with a link, so I can add that to a post with pictures, so everyone would have them.

good idea about the sorting Nan! esp if we are having the 2nd page be in pieces so things don't get lost.
would we include a copy of the sketch then or just note which sketch # and site we used?

Sketch or marked, I'm easy with that.

I'm in. Due date sounds good. I like the idea of not having the second page glued down. So happy the characters will be on their own...That was some list yesterday;)

My head was spinning and I kept thinking of more and more and more...

Just finished reading the other thread...I'm intrigued, but, I have a couple questions.

1) Can the glued down page be the left or the right?

2) Are we using ride specific colors for the layouts?

These quarterly page swaps may pull me back into swapping ;)

Yay!

1. Glued down page can be either left or right. I'm thinking either can go on either side anyhow. So...should we even bother to glue down???

2. Yes, ride specific colors. I think the majority thought the black, red, white, yellow had been done enough for now.

I'm excited!

I'm in and vote not glued done and pre-sorted. And of course sketch should be included.

Victoria

I'm in, I think the page with the title would be nice to have glued down, but I will go with everyone else.

OK, OK, twist my arm!!!

I'm in!

I love the idea of presorting, I love the idea of the title page adhered and the other loose.
And I would add a copy of the sketch in the kit.

Do you still want sketch ideas, or are we beyond that now? I went to the store to return a shirt this morning and spent the day christmas shopping. I have a totally free day tomorrow, so I was going to go sketch hunting then (if we still need them).

I would love to be included in your swap- sounds like a good one. I have done cricut Disney swaps In the past, but gave up because a lot of the pages were lacking. Do you want me to post a past sample or can I just indicate that I am interested.

1. Glued down page can be either left or right. I'm thinking either can go on either side anyhow. So...should we even bother to glue down???

2. Yes, ride specific colors. I think the majority thought the black, red, white, yellow had been done enough for now.

I'm excited!

I like doing the ride colors too!

if we didn't attached everything, would we then have to put each LO into a separate 2 gallon bag or could we put them in smaller baggies and put in between to background papers & maybe label them incase they get mixed up

happy to see Nan, Cheryl and Buffy joining back in and a couple newbies too!

Good job organizing this idea!! I'm interested in joining!

I would love to be included in your swap- sounds like a good one. I have done cricut Disney swaps In the past, but gave up because a lot of the pages were lacking. Do you want me to post a past sample or can I just indicate that I am interested.

Have either of you swapped with this group before? I apologize if you have and I don't know you. :blush:

Do you still want sketch ideas, or are we beyond that now? I went to the store to return a shirt this morning and spent the day christmas shopping. I have a totally free day tomorrow, so I was going to go sketch hunting then (if we still need them).

I don't think it would hurt to have a set of links. What do you think? If you've got the time, I'd love to have you do it. :flower3:

I have never swapped with this group before, but would like to start. As I said, I have done Disney swaps through the Cricut boards, and can post samples. Not sure if I need to be invited/approved or not.

I'm excited... ;)

Let me know if you need help with sketches. .I found a few cool ones I want to try off Pinterest... I'd be happy to share the ones I found..

:welcome: to the newbies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter