• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Kingdom Table Service

SothrnChic

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide between Liberty Tree Tavern, Skipper's Canteen, and Diamond Horseshoe. Anyone have recent reviews of these places, especially DH with the new menu?? I like the idea of being able to just get an item at SC, but I have never been to the others and am interested based on previous reports.

HELP!!

Just had lunch at LTT last week. I had the colony salad, hubs had the fish and chips and for dessert we had the toffee cake and blueberry cobbler. Good as always.

We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern. We had the Patriots Platter and Ooey Gooey Toffee cake for dessert. It was a very good meal.
However, we do have an interest in going to Skipper Canteen and the Diamond Horseshoe. We never been to either. We have reservations for both Skipper Canteen and the Diamond Horseshoe on our next visit.

Skipper's is our go-to in MK. We've been to LTT, but I find the food quality to be better at Skipper's. The new DH menu is interesting, but I'm waiting to hear some reviews!

We were lucky in April to have a great Skipper Canteen server (Darrin) that was quick with puns...and we were seated in the S.E.A. room butterfly booth. We enjoyed the experience.....the food was fine, but not anyone's favorite.

Just had lunch at LTT last week. I had the colony salad, hubs had the fish and chips and for dessert we had the toffee cake and blueberry cobbler. Good as always.

We love lunch there! I get the colony salad and OGTC for dessert. The other members of my family have food allergies and I can’t remember what they get.

Totally different types of food in all three, so it depends what you are looking for.
LTT is more comfort style food. Done well and served family style.
Skippers Canteen has a more varied menu with lots of different options. Higher quality of food and service.
Diamond Horseshoe seems to be open sporadically and never when we are there.

We rarely eat at any table service restaurants in MK. All are so-so to lousy food to me. We usually take the boat or monorail to Kona or the Wave for a break and decent meal.

We did dinner at LTT and won't be back. The food wasn't that great and it was a pretty expensive meal for 2 people. It also took FOREVER. I know lunch is a different experience and we've never done it so I can't comment on that.

I am trying to decide between Liberty Tree Tavern, Skipper's Canteen, and Diamond Horseshoe. Anyone have recent reviews of these places, especially DH with the new menu?? I like the idea of being able to just get an item at SC, but I have never been to the others and am interested based on previous reports.

HELP!!
It would be helpful if you could tell us if its for lunch or dinner? Because that's two very different experiences at LTT for example.

For lunch i'd say heck yes to LTT. For dinner though, maybe not.

Ive never been to Skippers but I heard good things about it.

I liked Skippers better before their menu changes late last year. LTT is good, but the food isn't terribly exciting. I don't think I've ever even seen Diamond Horseshoe open, so I have no idea how the food is there.

LTT is always a hit with us.

Can’t speak to SKipper as we’ve never been there.

Not on your list but our got-to at MK is always the Plaza. Best bang for our buck and soooo good.

We did lunch at LTT last year on Xmas day to have a traditional type of meal and we did Skipper Canteen for dinner (actually did Skipper Canteen 3 times that trip). Both were excellent. Totally different type of food of course, so it depends if you want comfort food or something more adventurous.

We used to enjoy Liberty Tree, but had some not-so-great experiences there and haven’t returned. We enjoy the Crystal Palace for lunch on occasion, but pretty much stick with Columbia Harbour House (not table service though). Food is usually quite good with a nice variety of menu items.

We enjoy LTT for lunch. I love the atmosphere of the restaurant, but I'm a big fan of the colonial period. The pot roast is so good and the ooey gooey toffee cake is probably my favorite dessert on property.

We ate at Skipper's for the first time during our trip this May and enjoyed the experience. Had a great server - quite the actor. The food was good and our only complaint was that the restaurant was very cold.

Last edited:
The DIS has dining vlogs for SC, LTT and DH. Some of them a few months old but well worth the watch :-)

I love SC and have enjoyed twice. The other year, I walked into DH just to see the decor. It's a beautiful venue and happy to see it open for more guests to enjoy.

We like both Liberty Tree and Skippers, so you can't go wrong with either. Just go where the menu tempts you the most. Though I will add, as others have, Liberty Tree is basically a family style Thanksgiving meal for dinner so we only do it at lunch time.

Last December we ate at both Diamond Horseshoe and Skipper Canteen. Diamond Horseshoe food was our least favorite for our entire trip. I know they just recently changed their menu but all in all we will not be going back there anytime soon. Skipper Canteen the food was good so was our server only complaint was waiting over 25 minutes after our scheduled ADR time to get into the restaurant. As for Liberty Tree Tavern I have not eaten here since 2007 but its on the list for unplanned trip in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter