Magical Express Pick Up Time

MK032197

Mouseketeer
I know that during the holiday period magical express was picking up 4 hours prior to your flight but also heard that as of January 11 that returned to three hours. I just booked magical express for my return to the airport on April 3 and was informed pick up would be 4 hours prior to flight time. I know this is the week following Easter just wondered if anyone else had run into this situtaton?

Pick up time is back to around 3 hours before your flight.

Am I correct in assuming that you called disney and not the DME direct number?

On Feb 3, our pick up time was 3 hours before our departure flight.

The week of April 1 - 9 is a heavy air travel week therefore Disney is planning a 4 hour pick up window for DME. Security lines could be as long as an hour wait that is why Disney is going with the 4 hour pick up window.

This is the first time I've heard this - do you have a source for this information?

They don't have a source because it's definitely not true.

No one is suppose to give out a pick up time over the phone. They should refer you to your paper work that is on your door the day before check out, as things change all the time.

I don't think you have to worry about the Magical Express pickup time back to the airport at this time. Unless the 4 hour advance pickup would induce you to reschedule your entire vacation for a supposedly less busy time.

For now all that counts is having your DME reservation made for going to Disney and getting some printed or written confirmation of that e.g. a print screen of some reservation page mentioning DME for you.

Better to save tweaking your DME back to the airport for after you arrive in Orlando. Less of a chance of screwing up your Disney-bound DME trip.

The official word (and normal deadline for making changes or corrections) comes morning of the day before the day you will sadly leave the resort. Even later breaking plane schedule changes can still be accommodated although this increases the chances of a 4 hour pickup because the sweet spot 3 hour pickup was full then.

Note that the 4 hour pickup could be re-imposed at any time without notice.

Last edited:
I don't think you have to worry about the Magical Express pickup time back to the airport at this time. Unless the 4 hour advance pickup would induce you to reschedule your entire vacation for a supposedly less busy time.
We were there over New Years when the 4-hour policy was in effect. It caused us to take an Uber at 5am instead of DME at 3am. So, maybe plan a little extra in the budget.

Havent seen any announcement regarding a return to 4 hour pickups for Easter week. With the December change it was all over the place. If it's true I need to change the flight time to one an hour later, because I do not need a 4 hour pickup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter