• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express

Nikki906

Mouseketeer
I just booked a last minute trip arriving in Disney this Thursday. When I spoke to Magical Express they said it was obviously too late to send luggage tags but when I get to the magical express counter I can give them the barcode I receive from baggage claim and they will be able to pick up my luggage for me. Anyone ever do this? Should I just pick up my luggage on my own?
TIA
Nicole

I just booked a last minute trip arriving in Disney this Thursday. When I spoke to Magical Express they said it was obviously too late to send luggage tags but when I get to the magical express counter I can give them the barcode I receive from baggage claim and they will be able to pick up my luggage for me. Anyone ever do this?

Yup, multiple times with zero issues.

Should I just pick up my luggage on my own?
TIA
Nicole

Depends how late your flight lands. If it's after 10PM you'll have to get your own luggage as they stop getting it at 10. We personally will get our own luggage if we land anytime after 5PM. They advertise your luggage should arrive in your room 3-4 hours after you arrive at your resort.

Yup, multiple times with zero issues.

Depends how late your flight lands. If it's after 10PM you'll have to get your own luggage as they stop getting it at 10. We personally will get our own luggage if we land anytime after 5PM. They advertise your luggage should arrive in your room 3-4 hours after you arrive at your resort.

Is there a time limit of when they will deliver to your room? Or as long as your flight lands before 10pm? So if you arrive to your resort at 9:30pm, for ex, you should expect your luggage by 1:30pm the latest?

Is there a time limit of when they will deliver to your room? Or as long as your flight lands before 10pm? So if you arrive to your resort at 9:30pm, for ex, you should expect your luggage by 1:30pm the latest?
At the latest? No
I would never say "at the latest" for any luggage delivery.
There are too many things outside of their control. Heck, you don't know 100% that your bag was on your flight. It may be delayed. There may be weather issues that delay the bags reaching baggage claim area at MCO, which will delay it getting to your resort.
But, there is no time limit where they stop delivering to your room. Disney is a 24 hour resort (for everything but food)

Someone is at bell check at all hours. When we don’t have luggage tags, we just grab our bags at MCO and bring them with us. It can take several hours for the luggage to arrive at the resort and I don’t want to worry if they don’t make it! I’m on vacation and I don’t need anymore stress!

Someone is at bell check at all hours. When we don’t have luggage tags, we just grab our bags at MCO and bring them with us. It can take several hours for the luggage to arrive at the resort and I don’t want to worry if they don’t make it! I’m on vacation and I don’t need anymore stress!

Do you also bring it to your room or do you just ask Bell Services to take it when you arrive at your resort?

For a long time, at the All Stars, Pop Century, and Art of Animation, bellhops did not make their regular rounds delivering Magical Express bags to rooms after 10 PM.

At no time of the day is a guest forced to deal with their own bags anywhere. That’s not to say they’ll move as fast as you’d like. You will need to be patient. But they won’t force you to take your own bags. At Disney they don’t even want guests taking carts. Ever

If we get our luggage from Baggage claim at the airport and bring it with us on the DME, we will drop it off at our room, if the room is available. If not, we just drop it off at bell check and ask them to deliver after our room is open or we just pick it up. Lots of options.

Once you actually find the Magical Express counter at MCO, (or should I say, if you find it) you'll be fine.

At Disney they don’t even want guests taking carts. Ever
I was able to use a cart at Art of Animation. I had groceries, including water, I wanted to take to my room after picking them up (I specifically didn’t want to have these delivered to my room to avoid the “delivery fee”). I asked if they had a cart I could use, and they just gave one to me.
This was very different from an experience I had at a Hilton a few years ago when it obvious they didn’t want guests taking carts. I found a cart by the elevator, took it back to our room, and put our luggage on it. As I walking down the hall back to the elevator, I was stopped by a Hilton employee (not someone from bell services/valet) who said they would be happy to assist me with my luggage. I said I had found the cart in the hall and decided to use it to make things easier. He said he would send someone right up to help me. I explained that I didn’t want to wait for assistance as we were in a hurry to get to the airport. It was very obvious to me they really didn’t want guests using the luggage carts! I ended up taking our luggage off (luckily just a few pieces) and leaving the cart. It was completely different at Art of Animation, though, where I asked if I could use a cart and was given one without any questions. Maybe it’s different because I wanted it for groceries, not luggage, but I did see quite a few families using the carts for luggage without assistance.

One year my luggage tags were sent to my TA and she couldn't get them to me in time so we took our bags with us to the busses and left them at bell services. It was an early morning flight landing around 6am so our room wasn't ready. When we got to our room that night our baggages had already been delivered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter