MagicBands + Margaritas + Muggles + Minions = TRP. New TR link is up! 10/31

A quick hello from MCO! Had two lovely days I'm Orlando, despite a but of rain yesterday and a fabulous meet and Frozen Fireworks with Kathy and Mark last night.

I have to say, catching DME at 3:15 in the mining sucks rocks! Lol. But....we are on the plane, next stop, San Juan!

A quick hello from MCO! Had two lovely days I'm Orlando, despite a but of rain yesterday and a fabulous meet and Frozen Fireworks with Kathy and Mark last night.

I have to say, catching DME at 3:15 in the mining sucks rocks! Lol. But....we are on the plane, next stop, San Juan!

Glad you had a lovely 2 days.

Enjoy San Juan. Can't wait to hear all about it.

::yes:: it does. :rotfl2:

Have a blast.

Hello from the high seas! Somehow I've got service out here, which doesn't appear to be roaming. Sitting poolside with cool towels being delivered to me.

Not a bad gig at all.

Hello from the high seas! Somehow I've got service out here, which doesn't appear to be roaming. Sitting poolside with cool towels being delivered to me.

Not a bad gig at all.

If you've got service, I need more FB pics. ;) :goodvibes :hyper: Im also dying to hear about the delayed sail away. Happy cruising.

Hi Cynthia! I just read this TR over the past few days when I have had some free moments.

I love following along on your family's adventures. Is it bad to admit that I love TRs that allow me to do some VDABC (Vicarious Disney Adult Beverage Consumption)?? Seeing the pics at the Ditch just make me even more excited about my impending departure in 9 days!

Looking forward to checking in on your DL 1/2 report, I have my second and longest runDisney event next week (ToT 10 miler) and I'm really looking forward to it! Hope you're having a great time on your cruise, ahoy!

Last days are always so sad. It always seems like there is just one more thing you want to try and fit in but cant.

Love the photo-bomber and those last pp pics of you guys are awesome. I know it was cold so that is not fun but I think wearing the scarf and sweatshirts in front of the tree were just awesome!

Can't wait for a recap...

then your April trip TR?

Then May with Mary Ellen TR?

Then DL 1/2 TR? (we are doing that joint, right?)

And finally one for your current trip...

;);)

Just wanted to stop bu and say Hi and let you know how much I have been enjoying your trip report. I think we may have passed each other at the Food & Wine Festival Center yesterday. You looked familiar, but it took a few moments to realize where I recognized you from. By the time I did it was too late, so I thought I would say Hi here instead. Hope you had a great day!

If you've got service, I need more FB pics. ;) :goodvibes :hyper: Im also dying to hear about the delayed sail away. Happy cruising.

More were provided I think! :goodvibes

As to the sail away, it wasn't hugely delayed, maybe an hour, more like 45 min I think. It was a late departure either way, originally scheduled for 9:30 pm and I think we left around 10:15, maybe Jill remembers for sure. Mostly due to all the delays earlier in the day. It didn't impact us at all but other folks had a very rough morning and it sounded like a few let that color their whole cruise which is unfortunate.

Hi Cynthia! I just read this TR over the past few days when I have had some free moments.

I love following along on your family's adventures. Is it bad to admit that I love TRs that allow me to do some VDABC (Vicarious Disney Adult Beverage Consumption)?? Seeing the pics at the Ditch just make me even more excited about my impending departure in 9 days!

VDABC. I love it! That is a new one. I worry at times my TR's make us look like total lushes. :rotfl: But it's vacation! Say hi to the Ditch for me, I miss it already.

Looking forward to checking in on your DL 1/2 report, I have my second and longest runDisney event next week (ToT 10 miler) and I'm really looking forward to it! Hope you're having a great time on your cruise, ahoy!

Have a BLAST at ToT!!!!! 10 miles is such a great distance, I would like to do that one someday.

Last days are always so sad. It always seems like there is just one more thing you want to try and fit in but cant.

they are heartbreaking!

Love the photo-bomber and those last pp pics of you guys are awesome. I know it was cold so that is not fun but I think wearing the scarf and sweatshirts in front of the tree were just awesome!

I like that picture quite a bit and the photobomber was a riot!

Can't wait for a recap...

then your April trip TR?

Then May with Mary Ellen TR?

Then DL 1/2 TR? (we are doing that joint, right?)

And finally one for your current trip...

;);)

:thumbsup2 yep, that sounds about right. I think there will probably be two going at once but I need to confirm that with Mary Ellen (the April trip and the May).

If I don't "speak" to you before, have a GREAT trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a very very fun run :goodvibes

Just wanted to stop bu and say Hi and let you know how much I have been enjoying your trip report. I think we may have passed each other at the Food & Wine Festival Center yesterday. You looked familiar, but it took a few moments to realize where I recognized you from. By the time I did it was too late, so I thought I would say Hi here instead. Hope you had a great day!

Hi!

Oh how funny! I was definitely there, picking up all my last minute items that I didn't want to carry around all trip and checking to see if the D&B's had arrived yet. Not that I was stalking or anything. :rotfl:

I think we finally left around 10:30 or so. I was up on Deck 10 forward. Lots of locals parked in a lot across the street and watched and cheered us leaving. It was super cool! We had to back out of the channel and then we swung around and headed out of the bay past the El Morro.

Delayed sailing--We heard from someone that was on the TA that there should have been 14-15 customs agents and only 4-5 showed up. Also, all 1000+ crew members had to go though immigration. That caused the folks getting off the TA to be delayed several hours and then delayed embarkation for our cruise. I missed it all because we were touring and sampling at Bacardi across the bay. :rotfl: Those bartenders don't skimp on the free rum!

Jill in CO

Welcome back home Cynthia!! I hope you had a fabulous cruise and that everything on the home front worked out well!

Can't wait to hear about the cruise!

I think we finally left around 10:30 or so. I was up on Deck 10 forward. Lots of locals parked in a lot across the street and watched and cheered us leaving. It was super cool! We had to back out of the channel and then we swung around and headed out of the bay past the El Morro.

Delayed sailing--We heard from someone that was on the TA that there should have been 14-15 customs agents and only 4-5 showed up. Also, all 1000+ crew members had to go though immigration. That caused the folks getting off the TA to be delayed several hours and then delayed embarkation for our cruise. I missed it all because we were touring and sampling at Bacardi across the bay. :rotfl: Those bartenders don't skimp on the free rum!

Jill in CO

Hi Jill, hope you had a great cruise as well!

This kind of sounds similar to our debarkation experience in San Diego after the Panama Canal. I am not sure the crew had to go through the whole process as well, but for us passengers it was mind boggling! And add to that a port that was in construction and the city obviously only having 10 taxis in total that kept going away with passengers and returning (yes, we did see the exact same cars multiple times and there were long stretches of time when there were no taxis at all arriving)... It was not pretty and I remember hearing that people boarding the cruise after us were delayed as well. It seems that if you are on the cruise after a transitioning cruise, expect to have to deal with delays...

We were on 10 as well, and I thought forward. Pretty sure. How annoying that we were that close! It was fun to see all the cars there and people cheering and El Morro was neat at night!

Jill in CO

I'd heard something similar but it wasn't that less showed up, it was that was all that was provided. And as we exited through immigration I can't see where they would have fit 14-15 unless the crew went through elsewhere? Seems like there was only 4 when we went through.

I felt SO bad for our flight mates. We were on the first flight into SJ that day, landing around 9. DCL didn't have the first shuttle leaving until 10! So that was a lot of standing around, and then sitting but we had fun chatting with all the folks on our flight in the same boat. We had always planned to spend the day in OSJ but figured we needed to take the shuttle to make sure all our bags went through straight to the ship. We got to the port, got in line for a little bit in case boarding was happening soon and as it hadn't started yet, left and headed to OSJ. Our poor flight mates didn't get on until 1. From what I heard a few got on around 11-11:30 and then it stopped and didn't start back up until 1 or so.

We missed it as well, had lunch, walked/toured the city a bit, went to a local brewery, stayed for a 2nd beer to hide from the rain and then hit CVS for our room supplies and headed to the port. By the time we got there, 5pm, we walked right on. It was perfect.

Welcome back home Cynthia!! I hope you had a fabulous cruise and that everything on the home front worked out well!

Can't wait to hear about the cruise!

It was fabulous!

It did! Only 2 issues really that I know of, one forgotten kid (not mine) for a carpool and one missed orthodontist appointment. My mother in law said she'd never driven so much in her life. LOL! Welcome to my world. The E's didn't need a babysitter, they needed a driver!

This kind of sounds similar to our debarkation experience in San Diego after the Panama Canal. I am not sure the crew had to go through the whole process as well, but for us passengers it was mind boggling! And add to that a port that was in construction and the city obviously only having 10 taxis in total that kept going away with passengers and returning (yes, we did see the exact same cars multiple times and there were long stretches of time when there were no taxis at all arriving)... It was not pretty and I remember hearing that people boarding the cruise after us were delayed as well. It seems that if you are on the cruise after a transitioning cruise, expect to have to deal with delays...

Only 10 taxi's in San Diego???????????? that's crazy. It wasn't a new port for them so that is surprising. I can attest to the fact that they have more than that. We saw tons at the airport when I was there a few weeks ago for work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter