Main shows on Fantasy being performed 2 days in a row

I wouldn't mind if Aladdin was repeated, but Believe was only good once, not twice. And most people will go to the opening night show, because it's their first time or first time in awhile on the ship.

I noticed that in recent navigators too and in other groups people also said they were told that DCL is testing this change where they repeat the 3 main shows on Fantasy, Wishes, Aladdin and Believe supposedly as a crowd control measure. I'm not buying it. We've never had trouble getting decent seats and we don't show up very early. As someone else mentioned, if these were new shows that would be one thing but these are the same productions DCL has had for years, some of which have played on multiple ships. It strikes me as a way to cut back the entertainment budget.

I think that’s great. Seat saving is completely out of control on the Fantasy. We usually arrive 15-20 minutes before the shows finding more than half of the front and center sections empty but “saved”. We don’t argue and usually end up sitting way off to the side or in the back corners. Maybe this way we’ll actually be able to see the shows from decent seats.

Martin

I have not had trouble getting a seat, and honestly every seat seems good in my opinion, so I haven't minded being at the back.

I agree with this completely. We have never had trouble finding good seats - especially on the Fantasy. We actually prefer to sit in the balcony on that ship as it's away from the bulk of the crowd, and found we could walk in 5 - 10 minutes ahead of time and there were always seats aplenty. I'm not buying into the "it's a seat saving issue" excuse. If that was truly the reason, then Disney should just have their CM's enforce the no seat saving rule, rather than show the same production multiple nights. :sad2:

This would disappoint me - I want to see a different show each night.

I agree with some other posters that this might make some sense when launching a brand new stage production - people may want to see it twice in one cruise, and/or it could spread out the crowds a bit. Much like they offer the matinee option on new shows, this could be a way to give the people what they want with a brand new show launches.

Aside from that, I think cruise passengers expect a different entertainment opportunity each night.

I wouldn't mind if Aladdin was repeated, but Believe was only good once, not twice. And most people will go to the opening night show, because it's their first time or first time in awhile on the ship.

It's interesting how opinions vary. I enjoy Believe (although it has too much Genie), and don't care for Aladdin much at all.

On the Wonder last week the seat saving was really out of hand... tons of families ignored the plight of people showing up 10-15 minutes unable to find a group of seats together. Many ended up standing by the walls as the extra family members held on to them until even after the show started and people strode in while it was showing. I do wish Disney would at least try to keep people following their own rules...

My husband wouldn't like this change at all... he always skips the shows as he has seen them in favor of the variety act nights. If this goes through, there goes any hope of seeing shows in the theatre for me (I just watch the main ones on the TV at this point rather than go alone).

On the Wonder last week the seat saving was really out of hand... tons of families ignored the plight of people showing up 10-15 minutes unable to find a group of seats together. Many ended up standing by the walls as the extra family members held on to them until even after the show started and people strode in while it was showing. I do wish Disney would at least try to keep people following their own rules...

I would people would be more assertive, state the "no saving" policy and sit down. Mom and I did this once several years ago. Two young ladies (I would guess late teens) were saving about 10 seats. As we went into the row. one of them said "these are saved." I said that wasn't allowed and we sat down. The other girl then said "You'll be sitting in the middle of our family." I said that was fine. Some other people came and filled in the other seats, not saying anything to us, and we enjoyed Hercules.

I would people would be more assertive, state the "no saving" policy and sit down. Mom and I did this once several years ago. Two young ladies (I would guess late teens) were saving about 10 seats. As we went into the row. one of them said "these are saved." I said that wasn't allowed and we sat down. The other girl then said "You'll be sitting in the middle of our family." I said that was fine. Some other people came and filled in the other seats, not saying anything to us, and we enjoyed Hercules.

People did try and were shooed away as they moved in... in both the cases we had a front row seat for they had one adult on each end so it would be a physical confrontation to get to those seats. :sad2:

I understand saving a seat or two if the other family members are in the restroom or grabbing popcorn, etc. but saving 10 seats is wildly excessive. :rolleyes2

I was on the 10/7 fantasy and thought it was weird. If you e already seen the shows then that is 4 nights right off the bat that you have nothing to do.

I was on the 10/7 fantasy and thought it was weird. If you e already seen the shows then that is 4 nights right off the bat that you have nothing to do.
I can understand being disappointed with repeat shows, but really, you would have nothing to do?

Last edited:
I can understand being disappointed with repeat shows, but really, you would nothing to do?

Yes, every night after dinner there was a lull. Most of the evening events seemed to start around 10:00, when 2nd seating was done, except for the shows.

If they really are doing this as a crowd control measure, they could go back to doing matinees of these shows (in addition to the evening shows), which I understand they used to do.

I loved the matinee shows in 2016. There were also more movies during the day then too. Does it cost extra to show a movie more than once?

I tried that and was asked if I was the "rule enforcer of DCL" and was called a rhymes with witch in front of my daughter. Disney needs to do it themselves.

I loved the matinee shows in 2016. There were also more movies during the day then too. Does it cost extra to show a movie more than once?

I tried that and was asked if I was the "rule enforcer of DCL" and was called a rhymes with witch in front of my daughter. Disney needs to do it themselves.
Aha! The perfect FE gift! A fake badge that says "DCL rules enforcer"!!!!

I think this is terrible. I hope they get enough feedback to stop the "test". Remember when they took away All Hands on Deck? Let's hope for a similar response :)
That has to have been the shortest lived change in history, as literally the day after we heard about the change, we had an insert in our book saying it was back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter