Main Street Electrical Parade coming to DL

After listening to all of the podcasts, and hearing about how WDW is not doing so great financially right now, I can't say I'm terribly surprised that PtN will be going there for a while. I haven't seen it yet, but will in two weeks! I love MSEP, but based on the photos I've seen of PtN, I have a feeling it's going to blow my mind.

I don't know how it would be possible long term, but it would be pretty incredible to have both parades at DLR. But I suspect the rumors of PtN going to WDW permanently are tue, especially based on this announcement.

Last edited:

The MSEP is one of my most vivid memories of visiting WDW when I was a kid! Great parade for those who have never experienced it.

Woowzers what a blast from the past. I saw this as a kid at DL then My son saw it when it was in CA on his first trip back in 2006. Im excited to see this again.

Just seeing the link made the parade music run through my head! I'm really disappointed that it won't be there when we go in September. That is one of my favorite childhood Disneyland memories.

We love this parade. I'll be glad to see it again, and am waiting to see what Disney finally decides to do with Paint the Night. It would be nice to have them switch off, but I'm in 'wait and see' mode right now.

I think it's awesome. I saw it at DL and at DCA and there is so much history there. Will be seeing PtN next week so I get them both. And that makes me happy.

Accept if PTN hangs on through the holidays, we do not get the holiday garland accross Mainstreet......... :(
Jazzed about the MSEP coming back though...... :) My childhood is wrapped around that parade! Wonderful memories!

--Lori

I'm excited I'll be able to share the MSEP with my son since it was my fave when I was a kid... And still some PTN during the holidays??!!winning DL!! :lovestruc

I guess I'm the only one bummed about this. This parade is almost 45 years old and looks every bit it's age!

while I LOVE the soundtrack (just played it today actually) for very nostalgic reasons...the sound track is enough for me. I agree, it shows its age terribly. After having PTN, going back to MSEP seems like a giant leap backwards.

I guess I'm the only one bummed about this. This parade is almost 45 years old and looks every bit it's age!

You're definitely not alone. This is extremely disappointing. It's not fair for DLR to lose a great parade that's not that old to prop up WDW's lagging attendance.

More to the point, MSEP is in desperate need of a refurb; WDW runs their parades hard, multiple performances, often in bad weather. They're left outside in humid, wet conditions.

I would guess that this is an excuse to ship the MSEP to CA to use DLR budged to refurb it. And I'd bet even money that it gets spruced up and shipped back to Paris for the 25th next year.

Anyone remember the "Main Street Electrical Parade Farewell Season" in '96 (I think)? Once announced, I recall park attendance records were broken with people trying to get there to see the MSEP again before it departed supposedly forever. I believe they even extended the parade a month or two to accommodate all the fans that wanted to see it one last time--or was it more to take advantage of all those high attendance evenings? Hmmm, I wonder. ;-)

It was old then too but seems to have a certain place in many people's hearts, mine included. After the announcement, we changed a WDW trip that year to head to DL instead so our two daughters could see that parade before it was no more.

I still have my three genuine MSEP souvenir bulbs, which is disappointing to see on Ebay haven't really increased in value much in 20 years. Oh well, I wasn't buying them for investment but to remember something great that had come to an untimely end. OR so at the time we thought!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter