Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 days!!!

I am literally in tears...I am so so excited yet stressed and anxious.....Tomorrow I meet with the wish granters to go over all the final details and then we get picked up at 4AM!!! These tropical storms have me very nervous!!

Ack! I hear you. My to-do list seems to keep growing, instead of getting smaller. What the--?

We are right behind you--six days now--and a 5am pick-up!

WOW!!!! I wish you both wonderful trips!!!!! It will be extra nice to be touring with 'empty' parks too!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes pixiedust:pixiedust: :goodvibes:goodvibes

MAW emailed back and we are going October 23-29th! Time to start planning!

They also told us we need to pick a weekend to have a celebration party. Does anyone know what is involved in the party? How far in advance of the trip do people typically do the party?

I have no idea where to start planning the trip. If you have any suggestions on how to get started I am open to all of them. This is our first trip to Disney (Steve and I both went as young children) as a family. I have no idea what to expect. Every time I start looking online I feel overwhelmed. I look forward to getting suggestions from those of you that have done this trip already.

Thanks,

Update from Judy (blessemom4) , she just called me and ask to have me post this for her....

Lisa went to her cardiac dr appt this morning....things didn't go as well as they hoped, they need to meet with another doctor to plan their next step, nothing that is immediate, but they need to make some plans.

Judy is asking for everyone to keep Lisa is their prayers and also to send peace to herself.

She will post later more details on her thread, but really wanted to get the prayers started.

Lisa

:lovestruc:banana: I would say we got more than a pixie dusting from (Cajunfun) Lynn I would call it more of a Pixie Shower :wizard::banana:

Hop on over and take a peek at the awesome Gifts heres the link to the first post and then the next 5 after that are also from her give

Our Pixie Shower from Cajunfun

Prayers have begun in our house for this precious princess. Keep us updated

Update from Judy (blessemom4) , she just called me and ask to have me post this for her....

Lisa went to her cardiac dr appt this morning....things didn't go as well as they hoped, they need to meet with another doctor to plan their next step, nothing that is immediate, but they need to make some plans.

Judy is asking for everyone to keep Lisa is their prayers and also to send peace to herself.

She will post later more details on her thread, but really wanted to get the prayers started.

Lisa

Lisa

Praying for Lisa and Judy and fam, over here!

MAW emailed back and we are going October 23-29th! Time to start planning!

They also told us we need to pick a weekend to have a celebration party. Does anyone know what is involved in the party? How far in advance of the trip do people typically do the party?

I have no idea where to start planning the trip. If you have any suggestions on how to get started I am open to all of them. This is our first trip to Disney (Steve and I both went as young children) as a family. I have no idea what to expect. Every time I start looking online I feel overwhelmed. I look forward to getting suggestions from those of you that have done this trip already.

Thanks,

Hi Shelly! Congrats on the date! So much fun--very overwhelming, but oh so much fun once you get into it!

I think the party differs for every wish kid. Ours was at our house and included quite a few MAW reps. I've read of others who have had the party at a restaurant or a bowling alley, and others who've had media present, so it really depends. They asked us to invite whoever we wanted, but because it was during the middle of a weekday, the only person able to attend was my retiree mother-in-law. She was glad to have witnessed it though! Very special day, indeed.

The MAW people brought cake, balloons and pressies for Brooke. We took lots of photos and our wish grantors gave us the actual itinerary, flight info, cheque, etc. We also got to meet our wish sponsor, which I don't think is the norm. It was great to meet this kind man in person!

If you get to choose the date, I'd choose one at 3 or 4 weeks beforehand--gives the kids some nice lead-up to the trip and gives you plenty of time to work out any of the remaining details and questions you might have that will appear after the meeting.

Good luck with the plans!!

Another update from Judy.....

They have lost power again due to a storm blowing through so she asked me to do this update.

Lisa is going to need a cardiac cath done sometime soon, it is not an emergency procedure, their dr today said going to Disney is still on and to enjoy.....they have to make an appt for the evaluation and will go from there.

Judy thanks everyone for their continued prayers and she will be posting again when their power is back on.

Lisa

Another update from Judy.....

They have lost power again due to a storm blowing through so she asked me to do this update.

Lisa is going to need a cardiac cath done sometime soon, it is not an emergency procedure, their dr today said going to Disney is still on and to enjoy.....they have to make an appt for the evaluation and will go from there.

Judy thanks everyone for their continued prayers and she will be posting again when their power is back on.

Lisa

Keeping Sweet Lisa in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep me updated.

Keeping Sweet Lisa in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep me updated.

Hi Kris, sorry I hadn't got to update you personally. Judy did get an update up last night after they got power up.

hope you are having a great weekend and Kylee is feeling good!

Hi Kris, sorry I hadn't got to update you personally. Judy did get an update up last night after they got power up.

hope you are having a great weekend and Kylee is feeling good!

Thank you Lisa. I did go on her PTR. I know the feeling of hearing news you don't want to hear:sad2:

Kylee is doing. She just had her chest Xray done. Not sure the results. I have the Xray, but no clue what I'm looking at;). Kylee and Korissa both have a few appts this week, so we will see what the outcome of those appts will be.

Thank you Lisa. I did go on her PTR. I know the feeling of hearing news you don't want to hear:sad2:

Kylee is doing. She just had her chest Xray done. Not sure the results. I have the Xray, but no clue what I'm looking at;). Kylee and Korissa both have a few appts this week, so we will see what the outcome of those appts will be.

sending :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes
for good appt outcomes

Thanks for all the info. I sent over some dates for the party and will wait to hear back from them before I try to plan anything. Disney is such a huge blessing that I am having a hard time planning anything. :) I look forward to reading more posts and getting into all of our planning.

2 Days left!! WOW!! it has been a nerve wracking couple of days between Carissa calling me at college sick and wanting to come home. I am so trying to let her figure it out for herself because it would be SO easy to just get her and tell her I will fix it.....Eva has been running these nightly fevers with vomiting in her sleep but according to the Doctor she is not sick?!?

We are all finally packed. MAW came yesterday with our itinerary and gift cards. I think we are finally good to go. I am going to program the GPS with all our destinations so it is a bit easier. Have my change and handicapped tag. Shipped our formula down on Thursday. Yup I think we are good to go.....

MOM2Pixies...I look forward to meeting up with you at some point!!! Wouldn't that be cute for all the girls!!

2 Days left!! WOW!! it has been a nerve wracking couple of days between Carissa calling me at college sick and wanting to come home. I am so trying to let her figure it out for herself because it would be SO easy to just get her and tell her I will fix it.....Eva has been running these nightly fevers with vomiting in her sleep but according to the Doctor she is not sick?!?

We are all finally packed. MAW came yesterday with our itinerary and gift cards. I think we are finally good to go. I am going to program the GPS with all our destinations so it is a bit easier. Have my change and handicapped tag. Shipped our formula down on Thursday. Yup I think we are good to go.....

MOM2Pixies...I look forward to meeting up with you at some point!!! Wouldn't that be cute for all the girls!!

hope the girls are feeling better :goodvibes:goodvibes
sounds like you are ready to go!

have a magical trip !!!! :dance3:

Dumb question BUT I need an answer and no time to search...Wish Lounge Locations?

Jeeze by this time tomorrow we will be on our way!!!:banana::rotfl::cool1::dance3::cheer2:

You will get all the information about Wish Lounges at the GKTW orientation. :goodvibes Make time to visit...we didn't and I have regretted it ever since!!

NO MORE HEALTH THINGS!!! I pray you get off on the trip with out a hitch! ONE MORE DAY!!! :cheer2::banana::yay::woohoo:

:banana::banana:princess:princess::cheer2::cheer2: Im doing the single digit dance 7 days to go now !!! :cheer2:pirate::lovestruc:lovestruc:banana:

and you too! Its so close :dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

We are under six weeks from leaving and I'm beside myself excited!! I can't imagine how you guys are doing. This week I think I will work on a countdown calendar or something! Disney dreamers unite!

Hey guys,

I would love to see what kind of itinerary some of you have put together when staying at GKTW. I am having a hard time even getting started. I thought looking at other people's plans might give me a kick start.

Thanks a bunch,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter