Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FOUR!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R1-19A.jpg

You have beautiful children:goodvibes

We had the meeting with our Wish Granters tonight and they are recommending that Kade goto GKTW and the ocean!!!!!!

This pic is of our wish granters Ms Fran and Mr Glen
163117_1660628848668_1625586219_1526255_5734455_n.jpg

We had the meeting with our Wish Granters tonight and they are recommending that Kade goto GKTW and the ocean!!!!!!

That is wonderful! I luv the photo with him being held...:love:

That is wonderful!!! I just love that they are holding him, you can see that they are trully happy to be granting this sweet little one a wish.:goodvibes

My daughter, my mother and I are heading down to Disney and GKTW on January 30th for a week! My daughter was diagnosed with cancer when she was 21 months old and has had many other medical issues since. We are so excited to meet all the other families and the volunteers who run this wonderful place. My daughter (who will also be celebrating her 5th birthday while there) is so excited to meet the Princesses -- we are hoping to see her favorite, Sleeping Beauty amongst our travels. We have Storytime Breakfast at Epcot booked and Cinderella's Royal Table, between the two, we hope she should be able to! We are planning our week out as best as we can before we get there, leaving lots of downtime for our diva! SO EXCITED! :yay:

My daughter, my mother and I are heading down to Disney and GKTW on January 30th for a week! My daughter was diagnosed with cancer when she was 21 months old and has had many other medical issues since. We are so excited to meet all the other families and the volunteers who run this wonderful place. My daughter (who will also be celebrating her 5th birthday while there) is so excited to meet the Princesses -- we are hoping to see her favorite, Sleeping Beauty amongst our travels. We have Storytime Breakfast at Epcot booked and Cinderella's Royal Table, between the two, we hope she should be able to! We are planning our week out as best as we can before we get there, leaving lots of downtime for our diva! SO EXCITED! :yay:

:banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana:
Wonderful....I think you'll see Aurora...make sure you post a photo!

Brooke:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:yay::yay::yay:
Sounds like so much fun! We are going to be setting up our ressies for Akershus this weekend...our trip is the first week in March and we are soooo excited too! Keep us posted on all of your planning! I know your princess HAS to be thrilled!

We had to postpone our son's MAW trip after our trip was set up. MAW was very understanding....we were supposed to go in Oct, and my son's transplant which was set for July, was postponed after we got to the hospital and found he had an infection.... we hoped we could get it done quickly enough to still take our Oct trip, but we wound up in the hospital doing the tranplant during our scheduled MAW trip! MAW had no problem, but since we couldn't go until this spring, we had to wait for dates as they didnt schedule that far out.:scared1:

Judy,
You WILL get to go. It may not be this spring, but you will get there. MAW handles stuff like this all the time dealing with critically or chronically ill children. :hug:

This happens a lot! MAW is very used to this and will take care of you. Obviously it is best for them to know before airplane tickets are purchased, but they will help you at any point...even if it is just a shorter term illness. Everyone wants the wish child and parents and siblings to be healthy when they go (as much as possible).

Thank you so much ladies! You have all made me feel better. Now I just need to call the Wish Granter and let her know what is going on here...again...As I said on our PTR, my head knows we can't go in May, my heart is sad...I think after such a rough holiday season, I am just feeling a bit blue :sad1:, which is very uncharacteristic of me. I will blame it on the cold weather...we have had some exceptionally not good things happening here and that is saying a lot. We always have things to worry over...usually I can find Pollyanna inside myself, just feeling weary I guess. The funny thing is, I know the trip will be here and over before we know it and we will wish we had it to look forward to again. Thank you for the reassurance! :thumbsup2

I know Lisa can't do the heat, but can you set up dates some time in Oct or November? If you need to cancel than you cancel. They won't book your flights until August or Sept and you should know how everyone is doing by then. Like everyone is saying...YOU will be going. ((HUGS))

Thanks again for the encouragement :flower3:

I think our plan is to try and schedule it for when our oldest is out for Fall break...we will only be able to add an extra day or two; however, we couldn't afford more anyway...You are SO right about the heat! October is actually going to be better for Lisa than May, at least she will be coming out of the hottest weather instead of having been used to a freezing winter. Maybe I can save enough money for us to go to MNSSHP, that looks like a LOT of fun!

What an amazing trip for your Princess! princess:
I think spending your birthday :cake: at Disney would be such a magical time. I am certain she will be able to spend a lot of time with Aurora. Looking forward to pictures.

I have been reading several trip reports and trips that are coming up quickly...I keep reading about a send off party for the kiddos. Do they do this with every wish child or is this something that the child wishes for? I haven't heard anyone in our chapter talk about it. I was just curious. Also, when they arrange flights for your trip, do they put you in regular coach seats or do they give you the upper seats? Do they try to give you nonstop flights or do you have layovers? I am just thinking of things as they come along...I'm such a planner and I like to hear of what we should expect so I can mentally plan for my family. :laughing:

I believe it's on the MAW site that if you want an international trip you have to be old enough to write why you want to go. I know it was on Korissas letter when she was approved for her MAW.

Okay. Thanks! BTW, no news from MAW yet. Im beginning to believe the guy that told Dad that it can take around 4 months before someone visits your house. Im starting to re-think my tentative wish.

I have been reading several trip reports and trips that are coming up quickly...I keep reading about a send off party for the kiddos. Do they do this with every wish child or is this something that the child wishes for? I haven't heard anyone in our chapter talk about it. I was just curious. Also, when they arrange flights for your trip, do they put you in regular coach seats or do they give you the upper seats? Do they try to give you nonstop flights or do you have layovers? I am just thinking of things as they come along...I'm such a planner and I like to hear of what we should expect so I can mentally plan for my family. :laughing:

Not all chapter do send off parties. Our chapter does. We can have a party or the money it would cost to have a party(about $150). Korissa wants to go to Todai (It's a Japanese restaurant out here).

Our last wish trip we got regular coach seats. On the way home we were bumped to the uppers, but not first class(i forgot the name). I have read that if the airline has room they will seat you in first class(its just a little pixie dust), but MAW only pays for regular coach....from what I read.

I think you have to ask for non stop flights. We did. If we land I may not get back on.;) Most PTR and TR I have read they have layovers.

Okay. Thanks! BTW, no news from MAW yet. Im beginning to believe the guy that told Dad that it can take around 4 months before someone visits your house. Im starting to re-think my tentative wish.

I'm sorry you still haven't heard back yet. Can your parents call them and see how things are coming along?

does anyone know of hotels that are close by GKTW? Seems as though my son Kade will have an entourage of people going with us.....2 sets of grandparents and a friend that is a pro photog that wants to shoot our trip.

does anyone know of hotels that are close by GKTW? Seems as though my son Kade will have an entourage of people going with us.....2 sets of grandparents and a friend that is a pro photog that wants to shoot our trip.

Sorry:sad2: I can't help with the hotels...but that is awesome.... grandparents and a pro photographer.... as a part-time pro-photographer myself... if I had the finances/time I would love to do that for someone! Just to document this special time for them so that they don't have to worry about doing that themselves...will your friend allow you to post some photos for us?

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter