Makin' Memories... A PTR for a 2022 Thanksgiving Trip. (hopefully)

Longtime lurker popping in to say hi.
Welcome!!!!!

We're about two months behind you in planning. I cannot WAIT to book dining and whatever else we can. It feels so weird not being able to do that yet.
It really makes it feel real!

I love how organized you are. I strive to be that way, but I almost never am.
I think it drives my husband crazy sometimes!

I love this tinker bell gift idea. Definitely something I will do when I have kids.
I started it when they were really little, I collected princess costumes from Target and on sale, and it really helped with them not wanting one of the really $$$ ones in the park. And a fun thing for them to wake up to each morning.

They are! When are you going this summer?

We'll be there 6/11-6/20. We're finally trying Yacht Club! Just for 2 nights before moving to Beach Club, but still, I'm excited to finally check it out.

I love that you do the Tinkerbell gifts! I was thinking for your last day maybe you could have secretly gotten something you saw the kids eyeing during the trip that they didn't end up getting, but that may be too similar to the one extra thing coupon, huh? I'm not creative enough for this stuff. I so admire both your creativity and your dedication to doing it! I may have to steal it for trips with our newest little guy.

love all the tinkerbell gifts. You got some lovely things for the girls and the VB bags are an absolute bargain! Not sure I can help much with ideas except maybe Easter eggs/chocolate for the Easter gift and possibly a book or snacks for the last day/ journey home. There’s some good Disney books with alternative storylines “ What if Alladin didn’t find the lamp” is one but there’sa whole series. Might be worth a look. The only other thing I can think of is a piece of jewellery or pick a pearl (in Epcot). You can buy some reasonably priced necklaces to hold the pearl online rather than shelling out megabucks for the ones in the Japan store.

ETA Twisted Tales is the series of books

If the clothes are an issue, I think you do have to tell them. Mine are young enough that I just buy for them but tweens and teens are a whole other ballgame!

I love all the gifts, but this is a really long trip to bring stuff for!! We did gifts with my girls but they were small (figures one trip, pins the next) so they don't take up a ton of space. I love the idea of Easter themed shirts for that day, no thoughts on travel day. It's too sad to think about having to go home!

We'll be there 6/11-6/20. We're finally trying Yacht Club! Just for 2 nights before moving to Beach Club, but still, I'm excited to finally check it out.
One day we need to overlap. We are still in school, here in the north. which is usually the issue. I hope you like Yacht Club! I mean I do think they are basiclally the same.

I was thinking for your last day maybe you could have secretly gotten something you saw the kids eyeing during the trip that they didn't end up getting, but that may be too similar to the one extra thing coupon, huh? I'm not creative enough for this stuff.
That is a good idea! I will keep that in mind.

I so admire both your creativity and your dedication to doing it! I may have to steal it for trips with our newest little guy.
You should! The big kids would probably like helping picking stuff out and laying it out each night, too?

There’s some good Disney books with alternative storylines “ What if Alladin didn’t find the lamp” is one but there’sa whole series.
I will def check that out!

The only other thing I can think of is a piece of jewellery or pick a pearl (in Epcot). You can buy some reasonably priced necklaces to hold the pearl online rather than shelling out megabucks for the ones in the Japan store.
Is Japan doing pick a pearl again? Gwen did say she wanted to do that again. (they have only done it once)

Mine are young enough that I just buy for them but tweens and teens are a whole other ballgame!
It really is! They are both very particual on style, comfort and cut!

I love all the gifts, but this is a really long trip to bring stuff for!! We did gifts with my girls but they were small (figures one trip, pins the next) so they don't take up a ton of space.
It is a long trip! I do try to make it things I would normally pack, like the shirts. I am slightly worried about everything fitting into our suitcases. The girls are bigger now, so there clothes are bigger! But I guess I don't have to pack bubble wands, and princess costumers any more...

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Ok, maybe not happy.. It's Sunday...

I made something for Andy's Birthday Day.
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 7.05.23 PM

If you watch All Ears Net, they do these scavenget hunt challenges and Gwen and I have loved watching them. So, this is my version! On the show they work against each other to get bingo first, but I figure we will just see if we can do all of the squares.

What do you guys think?

If you watch All Ears Net, they do these scavenget hunt challenges and Gwen and I have loved watching them. So, this is my version! On the show they work against each other to get bingo first, but I figure we will just see if we can do all of the squares.
Love it!!!!

Also, where did you find those Orange Bird shirts? Too cute!

Marching Band is how we met. We were both in marching band at Syracuse University. And most of our friends, including the L's from our December trip are from Marching Band. So, we are hopefully she will enjoy it too!

My son Brent met his wife in High School Band.

On that note, I have been contiplating telling the girls a little earlier. I don't know if I can keep it in for another 40-ish Days!!!

I feel you pain here. I would have to tell them. I know how pre-teen and teen girls are about their clothes.

So, Gwen LOVES the show Gravity Falls. If you haven't watched it, it is great. So, I found shirts for all of us for one day.

Cute!

51903121051_acf565b48d_z.jpg

Love the ears.

This makes me want an Orange Bird shirt.

Love these too.

Pjs! This is always the first day item.

Perfect gift to start the tripl.

I have shirts coming for Andy's 50th Birthday day. He picked out a shirt that says 50 on it. And then the 3 ladies have shirts that say nifty in the same style. I also picked a Birthday Magic Band for Andy that I will leave out, that he doesn't know about.

You're so good at this.

I need something for Easter... I am not sure what to do.... I have looked a few times for fun Easter Shirts and just haven't seen anything I like. Any ideas? I was also thinking maybe bunny ears? I don't know yet.

I like the Peeps shirt idea. You could also go with flower ears and they could be reused in the future for Epcot Flower and Garden.

I am thinking for the true rest day, I will get new bathing suits for the girls. They always need new suits and they will use them, then after as well. I just need to start looking for what I can get.

This is a great idea for rest day. A pool towel might be good too. I know the pools have towels but a Disney towel is always fun.

I think this might be a one extra thing coupon. I have done this a couple times, and Gwen always loves it. If you haven't read any of my previous trip reports, somewhere along the way, we made a rule that the girls can only buy one thing each day. It worked in the sense that they stopped asking for everything they saw in sight. And really made them think about what they really wanted.

This is a good idea but might be even better to do on the last day.

Anyone have a good last day of the trip idea?

Extra purchase.

I think these would be perfect. Love me some Vera Bradley.

Love the 50th birthday bingo card! That's so creative! All the squares are really fun. I can't wait to see what the smallest millenium falcon ends up being. (My money's on an ornament, but I really don't know.)

Extra purchase.
I did think about that as well... I will probably decide when I do packing exactly what goes what days if I don't come up with something specific for the last day.

This is a great idea for rest day. A pool towel might be good too. I know the pools have towels but a Disney towel is always fun.
I don't know if I will have room in our suitcases for towels! I am super stressed about everyting fitting for such a long trip and how much bigger the girls are! Might need to buy a new suitcase!

I like the Peeps shirt idea. You could also go with flower ears and they could be reused in the future for Epcot Flower and Garden
I have to see what I can find on Etsy. But I also have to stop looking on etsy because I keep buying things!

This makes me want an Orange Bird shirt.
right! I ordered a second orange bird shirt off of etsy. It hasn't come yet but I couldn't help myself!

I feel you pain here. I would have to tell them. I know how pre-teen and teen girls are about their clothes.
I am sure you understand!!!

Love the scavenger hunt! That'll be such a fun way to celebrate!
The 50th scavenger hunt looks so fun!! What a great idea.
Love the 50th birthday bingo card! That's so creative! All the squares are really fun.
So happy that you are going in April! I love all of the tinkerbell gifts and Andy's 50th bingo looks fun!!
LOVE the BINGO card! That will be so much fun for all of you!
Thanks everyone for the complaments! I am particularly proud of it! It took me forever to come up with all of the ideas for the squares. I know Gwen will be excitied about ti! And I think it will modivate us to get all those extra photos! (hopefully)

Love the 50th birthday scavenger hunt! Fabulous idea! You will have so much fun completing it for sure. Brilliant surprise and I agree it will encourage you all to get those special photos :goodvibes

I know you’re worried about fitting everything in your suitcase for this trip but have you thought about using the hotel’s laundry? Sounds awful doing washing on holiday but it can actually be quite relaxing. We usually stay YC and their laundry room is by the quiet pool- I gather myself a beverage ( sometimes adult sometimes not), a snack and my kindle. Tell my family how I’m showing them all my undying love for them by washing their clothes:rotfl:while they do their own thing and then head off with washing in suitcase. Throw a couple loads in the machine and then have my own chill time reading/snacking/swimming. Usually they miss me after an hour and join me at the quiet pool ( they also realize at this point that I lied and am loving the excuse to do laundry lol) but that hour of solo time can be just what I need mid trip. Just a thought if it eases packing worries.
I’m getting excited for your trip and for the girls reactions when you tell them 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter