Making changes (dropping days) to existing reservation?

It's sad you have to jump through hoops to do this now, but it's just another way for the mouse to line his pockets.

This is just another example of the negativity rife here now. The " mouse" is not just " lining his pockets" , he is now running his resorts in line with industry standards.

This is the truth. Every major hotel chain in the country handles reservations this way. If anything, Disney should get credit for being one of the last companies to implement these types of reservation restrictions.

This is just another example of the negativity rife here now. The " mouse" is not just " lining his pockets" , he is now running his resorts in line with industry standards.
Just keep drinking that kool-aid then. I will not.

It's not a travesty, I agree. But I will call them out on it, and refuse to have the "Disney can do no wrong" mentality.

Reactions: T_O
It's not a travesty, I agree. But I will call them out on it, and refuse to have the "Disney can do no wrong" mentality.

So... Are all the other resorts, hotels, etc that have the same policy also money hungry villains?

It's literally the INDUSTRY standard. Some things are complete money grabs. This isn't. The "everything Disney does is a money grab" mentality is just as annoying.

So... Are all the other resorts, hotels, etc that have the same policy also money hungry villains?

It's literally the INDUSTRY standard. Some things are complete money grabs. This isn't. The "everything Disney does is a money grab" mentality is just as annoying.

Call it like I see it whether it annoys people or not and will continue to do so.

Darn. I don't think we will finalize plans for a couple of months (some info we need regarding work/school stuff). I guess my only option is to pick one duration and hope that's what we end up with?

Recommendations?

I know this is a hassle, but Disney's had to tighten up their reservation procedures due to abuse by guests who used to book long stays they didn't plan to fully keep, in order to make 180+10 ADR's ahead of when their window would normally open, then they'd cancel the front part of their trip. Enough people did this to cause inventory problems, so Disney responded with strict rules about changing the length of your reservation. I blame the cheaters for this rule, not Disney. It's the same kind of abuse that led to a $10 per guest no-show fee at the restaurants- people gaming the system, until the system strikes back. And everyone else has to pay the price.

The upside of these rules is, there is now more availability at resorts and restaurants than there would be without the rules.

Last edited:
It's all about data science. Disney sees people stranding dates that aren't likely to be easily booked later doing this, while also trying to grab choice dining reservations that would be booked regardless.

Should no one speak bad of the beloved company? The attointed company. I think not.

Of course you can. I have had my fair share of issues with Disney. But don't make things out to be some huge problem, some huge customer service has gone down hill issue, when it is not.

It is another page to the same old story: Guests find ways to work loopholes and use Disney's system to their advantage. Disney finds way to close that loophole and make it harder for guests to manipulate things to their advantage. It will continue on and on and on as long as there is a Disney World.

I'm not going. Any time soon anyways. In fact I have 4 tickets I wish I could sell. But since I have them linked to my MDE I can't, but believe me I would if I could. Just cancelled a one night stay at SSR here recently because I thought we might be going down to the beach and hop over there one night at the end, but not going to happen.

I'm not going. Any time soon anyways. In fact I have 4 tickets I wish I could sell. But since I have them linked to my MDE I can't, but believe me I would if I could. Just cancelled a one night stay at SSR here recently because I thought we might be going down to the beach and hop over there one night at the end, but not going to happen.
That's fine. But for those of us who do have a trip in the works, at least for myself anyway, I come here for advice. Not negativity and gloom and doom about a place a chose to vacation at.

Really, is there any need for it?

Aren't you going to their Vero resort?

No. Cancelled it.

It's been Vero Beacch, It's been Hilton Head - its been all over the place, but it is all Disney.

With the amount of threads you create, I'm going to guess this isn't really true.

giphy.gif

I so agree!!! It is the endless IGNORANT, negativity that is, as many other posters have said, so unnecessary and unwanted here on the DIS.
John DalesWife, If you believe Disney is so evil, why do you hang around, posting on a Disney fans website - if not to cause trouble?

OP, I am in the exact same position. I really want to add a night so that we can have a full day the first day but I don't know if dh will be able to leave work early and fly out that night. I don't want to lose my resort reservation if I have to drop that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter