Making lowball offers to match what is showing up on Fidelity?

AnnaKristoff2013

DIS Veteran
Anyone have any thoughts on how low of an offer is going to just be “insulting” and piss off the broker and/or not be communicated because you’re seen as wasting time? At this point https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/ seems to be running $25-$30 less per point with it’s listings for nearly every type of contract. (And the contracts are generally way more loaded) than the board sponsor or some of the other big players. If I make an offer that is $20 or $25 below list price on, for example DVC Resale Market, am I just wasting everyone’s time? Even if those are the prices that are showing on Fidelity? Thanks in advance for opinions.

I just offer what I offer. If they say something I say its based on where I view the contract value.

If I know other contracts are listed or selling for my price I simply state I know others are taking this price and leave it at that.

Right now it's a buyer's market, so if an offer is too low, the seller should ignore it or counter with what they feel is appropriate. The risk of it being too low is Disney is likely to take it, you're not going to get it anyway, and the seller accomplishes what they want by selling the contract!

I just offer what I offer. If they say something I say its based on where I view the contract value.

If I know other contracts are listed or selling for my price I simply state I know others are taking this price and leave it at that.
Same. I've had some passive aggressive replies from brokers with them including what the "average price" is and want offers in that range, but I just move along to the next one!

Same. I've had some passive aggressive replies from brokers with them including what the "average price" is and want offers in that range, but I just move along to the next one!

I would just tell them people are able to get these contracts at what I am offering so thats where I am at in pricing.

You could also say its fine if that is where the average is but you are fine waiting until the right contract comes along at the price point you view as fair value.

Anyone have any thoughts on how low of an offer is going to just be “insulting” and piss off the broker and/or not be communicated because you’re seen as wasting time? At this point https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/ seems to be running $25-$30 less per point with it’s listings for nearly every type of contract. (And the contracts are generally way more loaded) than the board sponsor or some of the other big players. If I make an offer that is $20 or $25 below list price on, for example DVC Resale Market, am I just wasting everyone’s time? Even if those are the prices that are showing on Fidelity? Thanks in advance for opinions.
If you are going to do that, you need to increase the Fidelity listing by the admin fee that Fidelity charges the buyer to get a fair comparison.

Other than that, I agree with those who say to offer what you are willing to pay. The broker is obligated to present all offers to the seller unless the seller has instructed otherwise.

If you are going to do that, you need to increase the Fidelity listing by the admin fee that Fidelity charges the buyer to get a fair comparison.

Other than that, I agree with those who say to offer what you are willing to pay. The broker is obligated to present all offers to the seller unless the seller has instructed otherwise.
Is that $225?

Out of genuine curiosity because maybe there is something I am not aware of, but if you see the contract you want on a specific broker for $25-30 less than other brokers, why not just make an offer on that specific contract there?

Out of genuine curiosity because maybe there is something I am not aware of, but if you see the contract you want on a specific broker for $25-30 less than other brokers, why not just make an offer on that specific contract there?
Because that specific broker may be crappy to deal with, as in one with a history of issues in accurately administering/brokering a sale, such as incorrect points, home resort, or existing reservations not disclosed. All of which have occurred within the past year with this broker.

Some brokers have such a poor reputation for customer service that people choose not to deal with them.

Good question

From reading these threads the last few months I think it may have to do with certain brokers have a better reputation for service

Which fee is that? The last broker I spoke to mentioned a $500 fee and a $250 fee, for a total of $750ish in closing costs. I can’t remember what was what (and this would be only my second dvc purchase).

You’ve basically captured what I was asking. Thoughts on making an offer that is $25 or $30 under asking.

Is that $225?

Which fee is that? The last broker I spoke to mentioned a $500 fee and a $250 fee, for a total of $750ish in closing costs. I can’t remember what was what (and this would be only my second dvc purchase).
Fidelity charges the buyer an admin fee in addition to the usual closing costs. Last I heard it was $225, but it may have gone up since then. I do not know of any other brokers that charge buyers such a fee. Most just charge the seller commission (% of the sale).

Two observations:
1. It’s strange to me that I can’t negotiate directly with the seller on the board sponsor’s site (or perhaps any of the sites? I’ve only tried the board sponsor’s). Which leads to 2…

2. It’s strange to me that these sites charge a % of sale commission (which is much higher than the normal RE rate), instead of a flat fee commission. Just charge a flat commission (say $750) regardless of contract size and be done with it. It’s a volume game anyways. The amount of work on their end doesn’t scale with the number of points on the contract lol.

I would be much more inclined to participate in the market if I could have #1, and to a lesser extent #2. The fact that my offer is screened by an agent for a relatively simple transaction is a bit much.

Short story long - fire away on your lowball offer 😎🤣

Last edited:
The fact that my offer is screened by an agent
To be clear; they aren't an agent, they're a broker. Under Florida law, they're required to present all offers unless they have written direction from the seller to automatically reject all offers under a certain amount. So, you essentially have #1; you're never negotiating with an agent, you're always negotiating with the seller. They pay the broker so they don't have to take your call directly.

The prices for CC are pretty close on most sites. (I just bought at the height of the frenzy and looked a few minutes ago to see what prices are at now. I was afraid based on this conversation but it turns out they are about what I expected.)

Two observations:
1. It’s strange to me that I can’t negotiate directly with the seller on the board sponsor’s site (or perhaps any of the sites? I’ve only tried the board sponsor’s). Which leads to 2…

2. It’s strange to me that these sites charge a % of sale commission (which is much higher than the normal RE rate), instead of a flat fee commission. Just charge a flat commission (say $750) regardless of contract size and be done with it. It’s a volume game anyways. The amount of work on their end doesn’t scale with the number of points on the contract lol.

I would be much more inclined to participate in the market if I could have #1, and to a lesser extent #2. The fact that my offer is screened by an agent for a relatively simple transaction is a bit much.

Short story long - fire away on your lowball offer 😎🤣

Nothing requires a seller to use a broker and are free to list on their own if they chose,

But when they do, they made the choice to go that route. I have sold a lot and what I paid in commission, was more than worth it for me to do nothing more than signing papers and letting the broker and title agent do the rest.

Brokers will present offers to sellers, unless the seller has given them diffeeent. instructions. After a lower offer on one of my contracts…which I declined.llI did let the broker that anything lower that came in under a certain amount didn’t even need to be presented as it would be declined.

Nothing requires a seller to use a broker and are free to list on their own if they chose,

But when they do, they made the choice to go that route. I have sold a lot and what I paid in commission, was more than worth it for me to do nothing more than signing papers and letting the broker and title agent do the rest.

Brokers will present offers to sellers, unless the seller has given them diffeeent. instructions. After a lower offer on one of my contracts…which I declined.llI did let the broker that anything lower that came in under a certain amount didn’t even need to be presented as it would be declined.
Yes, of course, but I would think a service that charges a flat fee to oversee the end-to-end process while allowing direct communication between buyers and sellers would be pretty popular. This would allow for a more free flowing marketplace as well. Selling your DVC contract is no more complicated than selling your car on Craigslist or Facebook. JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter