Making my own Disney guide book!

**Courtney**

Mouseketeer
Please remove if this isnt the appropriate place to post this, but my husband and I are pretty seasoned WDW travelers, but next November we are going with our best friends (and their 7 year old). I have decided to make a fun little "guide book" for our trip, and I am looking to the experts for some advice. I am planning on doing sections for each park with tips, rides and food ideas, park maps, park hours etc., a Know before you go section, our travel details (flight info, transport to resort) but am struggling to think of what else I should add.

What are some of your favourite tips and tricks, or anything you think would be helpful for first timers to know!

Thanks in advance!

I used to create a Daily Calendar using a color guide if it was Halloween (orange) or Holidays (Red) .
Also underline those important reminders or a star for my favorites !
Do you have any of the Daily Guides from previous trips?
The Epcot Guide map is new with the addition of Disney design neighborhoods to visit For example World Nature will be the location for the new Moana WalkThru Nature Trail !
Dont forget the Characters to meet in certain locations .
Disney Visa card holders have special photo op locations , etc…
A lot to organize!!!

Last edited:
You need a section on the resort (you probably already thought of that, but didn't put it in your post).

Info about the shops and restaurants, the pools, other types of recreation.

How about handy things to bring (tiger balm or peppermint lotion for sore tired legs, over the door shoe holder for organizing toiletries, pop up hamper to take clothes to the laundry). Where/how to order groceries? E.g., much cheaper to order a case of water than to buy bottles in the parks. Cooling methods if traveling in summer (moisture wicking clothes, cooling towels, neck fan)?

First time haircut at the Main Street Barbershop?
I would suggest they go to the Photopass location on Main Street to purchase a few portraits because they will include a designed keepsake to insert . And sometimes a bonus picture of characters . They also have borders to add before they print it . You can choose the design you want. If you attend a Holiday party they might have a special holiday design too .

Iknow the first gift shop as you enter EPCOT from the SkyLiner has a small EPCOT Passport kit to travel the different pavillions . Each kid spot has a stamp for each country . And you could ask the castmember seated at the table to write a greeting in foreign language or write their name in Chinese for example . This is fun for the different ways they say Merry Christmas if you need a suggestion for them to write.
In the American Showcase I would be sure to write the date .
And this is a good location to see the characters along the sidewalk area . There is usually many characters to get pictures taken.
Also the 7 year old might want to get a MagicBand design that has their favorite attraction or character design , etc.
I just ordered those fiber optic glow wands on Amazon .They are a small size and have a fabric loop to carry on your wrist and are also useful as a mini flashlight . They used to sell these during parades but I never see them in the parks anymore.
Maybe purchase a small see Thru backpack for the 7 year old .

Barnes & Noble used to sell a childrens edition WDWtravel guide . It is fun to encourage the 7 year old to study and make a plan before the trip.
And do not forget to make a Sci Fi reservation ! Every year my grandchildren want to go there every return trip!
And during the holidays the German Biergarten is a fun family dining reservation to have .
One year I cancelled the Cinderellas Royal Table and my grandchildren were very disappointed so I HAD to make sure we went their next trip during the fireworks ! It’s expensive but they had a WISH Star for everybody at the table and other things for children as they left . I think a wand or a plastic sword.
I don’t know where you are staying but it is fun to walk around the Art of Animation for all the photo of the Carsland props and I also love the giant Big Wheel at POP Century for a photo . Take the SkyLiner over !

Last edited:
When you enter AK , look on the right side for the AK Travel Guide that offers a childrens Earn A Badge Map for different educational activities as you search for animals , etc. It is based on the movie UP and I think they ask the children to take the pledge that is identical to the movie for the child that is a guide in That movie. Is his name Kevin maybe ? Haha

Here's a tip I'm sure someone has mentioned but I've never seen it - the only place I've ever encountered cold drinking water from a water fountain is in the waiting area for the Liberty Square Riverboat. There is a brass fountain to the right as you enter.

I live in Florida. Our ground water is never cold, and here in the depths of summer it's downright warm.

This fountain was putting out cold water. I filled my water bottle as I got on the boat, then refilled it after I got off. It was nice to have such cold water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter