Mama Della's ?

sharbear

DIS Veteran
We are going to USF the first part of June. I was reading in Kelly's book about Mama Della's. Has anyone eaten here? We are staying at HRH and this sounds great, does anyone have any idea how much it costs to eat here and is the food good? Thanks.

Sharbear

The food is great! It's traditional Italian fare. They serve a family style salad with the entrees. They also have a nice children's menu available. I don't remember it being too expensive, I think most of the entrees were around $13.00-$18.00.
The atmosphere is cute, it's like you are in an old Victorian house, service has always been good.

They have a buffet there on fridays, if I recall correctly. If you love seafood, order the mussel appetizers - I am not a big fan of mussels, but it was recommended by someone I know that works there and boy, was it heavenly!!!! ummmmmmmmm

Originally posted by pixie dust gal!
They have a buffet there on fridays, if I recall correctly. If you love seafood, order the mussel appetizers - I am not a big fan of mussels, but it was recommended by someone I know that works there and boy, was it heavenly!!!! ummmmmmmmm

Are you sure that was at Mama Della's? I have been several times & have never seen a buffet there. I know Trattorria del Porta has a buffet on weekends. I could be wrong they are always changing things.

We didn't care for this restaurant. I thought their sauce was bland, and for me that's what makes or breaks an Italian place. They also served the salad with dressing already added and it was way too much. It was literally swimming in it. All in all disappointing.

Here's a snipet from our trip report from Dec:

After a quick freshening up, we headed out to dinner at Mama Della's. It was great! Adam had lasagna (served by Mama, of course), which I stole a bite of. It was very good. I had a pasta dish with tons of veggies and chicken. We both finished all of it, which completely amazed us. It was a ton of food!

Needless to say, we enjoyed it throughly. A note on the "family style" comment. Some of the entrees can be served family style or they can be served a la carte (my pasta dish was like that). It was terrific Italian food at a pretty good price, outdone (IMHO) only by Palio's at the Swan (which was a bit more expensive).

STAY AWAY FROM MAMA DELLA's!

I come from an Italian family with restaurants in Italy, NYC and northern Florida and this is not a "real" italian restaurant!

I had the linguini and clams sauce and (excuse my details) threw up at the front door on the way out! The food was horrible! My DH could not eat his Broccoli Rabe w/sausage he said it was disgusting! It's a "fake" italian restaurant similar to an Olive Garden type. I've never eaten at the Olive Garden, but from what I can tell from those commercials that is not "real' italian food.

If you want a very good, very authentic Italian dinner, go to Palio's at the WDW Swan - now that's Italian!

Now, the deli wasn't bad. They had some good Italian cold cuts there.

CPM,

dh thinks you are correct, ds's think you are correct.......... I must stand corrected - I cannot believe my mind is going so rapidly! :o

The buffet was at La Trat but the mussells were are Mama's.

Sorry!:eek:

CPM,
dh thinks you are correct, ds's think you are correct.......... I must stand corrected - I cannot believe my mind is going so rapidly! :o
The buffet was at La Trat but the mussells were are Mama's.
Sorry!:eek:

Hey no prob Pixie dist gal!!I thought they might have changed it. I will be eating there this weekend for sure! :)
Now Goofygal, we all know it's not REAL Italian food, I'm from CT & I'm Italian too. But I still think it's pretty good for Florida Italian, and IMO it's much better then Olive Garden, so you should definitely stay away from there. But I would think most of the general public thinks it's pretty good.

Terrific!! I always recommend this place to people. The service and food have always been excellent in our 5 times eating there. The Man who walks around and sings Italian songs is great (although the violins are a little loud sometimes, lol). The kids meals are extremely reasonable (around $6) and my guys loved the "cookies and milk" for dessert. Try the marshmallow milkshakes and the timarisu :) :) :) geez, now I'm hungry :p

As an Italian who apparently hasn't tasted REAL Italian food (no relatives who own restaurants anywhere ;) ) I have to say that we really enjoy this restaurant...the theming, the food, the atmosphere. Love the musicians/singer. :)

Well, tonight I had yet another lovely meal at Mama Della's!

Cheryl,

I am soooo jealous! You getting to go USF/IOA and Mama's! More times than not. eh?:D

Cheryl,
I am soooo jealous! You getting to go USF/IOA and Mama's! More times than not. eh?:D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Off to Mythos now! BTW, we're in the Villa Suite at Portofino!!
(I begged!)

Originally posted by Barry Hom
I wonder if CPM stood up during dinner. :)
If I beg, can I get a suite too? :)

LOL! I was too full to stand up at dinner! It was yummy! I finally met, MIB, Ms. Disney & Robert Walker! What a treat!
As for the suite, I think I just lucked out! It's kind of a waste, I have spent more time in the room then I normally would just to be in the room. I would have given up a suite to have a balconey with this beautiful weather.
Back to reality tommorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter