Marathon Weekend 2018

Where can you find your corral assignments for the 5k and 10k?
Is this only given in advance for the longer races??

Thanks

Sundays are for Disney: is Disney involved in your holidays at all? From Christmas decor, disney Christmas movies, anything Disney and holiday related works.

No Disney at our house for Christmas. We don't really decorate either because in most recent years, we've been flying back from the Middle East on Christmas. This year we're not going anywhere, but instead of a tree, we've got a great Christmas pyramid of Amazon boxes. :)

We have several Disney ornaments on our tree (one from each trip). This year the kids took turns opening the Disney tsum tsum advent calendar- I was jealous of the cute toys they got haha Since we have been taking our Disney trip in the winter the past few years, my husband usually gives me something for our upcoming Disney trip as one of my presents. Merry Christmas fellow runDisney friends!!

Thanks
You’ll find out when you pick up your bib. It is only done in advance for the longer races.

I bought a Jim Shore Mickey Santa figurine a couple of years ago. That’s really it for Disney Christmas at our house.

Actually, @DopeyBadger, you have another trainee! I just haven't been on the boards so much lately. But, better late than never. :-)

:woohoo:

:wave:

Thanks

Unofficially, I'm making guesses for the Dopey runners based on some information I've gathered. But at best, it's a guess. I can do the same for those with a solo 5k or 10k bib:

Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 11.14.37 AM.png

So, as an example - I'm guessing that if a 5k/10k solo bib runner submitted an estimated finish time on their active.com registration (which can still be viewed on your active profile) of 11-12 min/mile, then I'm guessing they'll be in Corral D.

Disney is ALL OVER our house. Tree skirt, Minnie Mouse angel tree topper, thousands of ornaments (okay, probably an exaggeration, but definitely in the dozens), the Mickey's Christmas Carol Department 56 houses and others, plush Santa Mickey and Minnie, a monorail that encircles the tree... and on and on...

In the moment it doesn't seem to be so bad, but in retrospect, we may have a problem...

Drats! I will be living my second marathon weekend to the fullest because I found out Friday that when I come back, I’ll be having surgery on my ankle because I tore a ligament (thus explaining why running has literally been kind of a pain lately)
Ready to have a blast starting in 1 week!

Oh that stinks. Hope you can get through Marathon weekend without too much pain.

Unofficially, I'm making guesses for the Dopey runners based on some information I've gathered. But at best, it's a guess. I can do the same for those with a solo 5k or 10k bib:

View attachment 290053

So, as an example - I'm guessing that if a 5k/10k solo bib runner submitted an estimated finish time on their active.com registration (which can still be viewed on your active profile) of 11-12 min/mile, then I'm guessing they'll be in Corral D.

It's Christmas. @Keels says #nomath :rotfl:

My marathon outfit is complete all homemade sewn & painted, so exited I hope it’s not cold for it...16 degrees running today has me dreaming of warmer weather! View attachment 289935

Thats a great costume.

Sundays are for Disney: is Disney involved in your holidays at all? From Christmas decor, disney Christmas movies, anything Disney and holiday related works.

My answer: well we can start outside, with my 5 Disney related inflatables, my light show has let it go in its playlist, and I have a monorail. Inside we have Disney ornaments, Disney stockings, Disney lights, Disney wreaths, etc. I do tend to watch a good amount of Disney Christmas movies as well. On Christmas morning I always watch the Christmas special even though it’s gotten worse over the years.
We have a separate Disney tree DD has Mickey Christmas lights up in her room, but she keeps those up all year round, We have the Tsum Tsum advent calendar, our main tree has a monorail around the base and last week to help with parking at Church I wore a Mickey santa hat, Mickey hands, and a Mickey ugly Christmas sweater.

Drats! I will be living my second marathon weekend to the fullest because I found out Friday that when I come back, I’ll be having surgery on my ankle because I tore a ligament (thus explaining why running has literally been kind of a pain lately)
Ready to have a blast starting in 1 week!
Sorry to hear about your ankle. I hope you have a great weekend though.

Our house is bursting with Disney holiday stuff - fab 5 Christmas flag in garage, Disney advent calendar, Disney snow globes, Disney tree skirt, Disney window decals, about half the tree is Disney ornaments from years of trips, lots of Disney kitchenware and several Disney themed house decorations.

I would imagine people leave our house thinking “we should go to Disney” or that we have issues. I would say yes to both! Happy Holidays!
I see no issues with that.

View attachment 290053

WHAT EVEN IS THIS POST?!?!? I’m telling Santa! #NoMath

:sad::sad::sad:

SAFDQ: There's a few Disney ornaments on the tree, but that's it decoration wise. I've watched the Disney parade on TV since I was little, but I agree with the quality isn't what it used to be. It's become a long cheesy commercial, and that gal from DWTS grates on my nerves.

SAFDQ: Disney is part of our normal lives anyway. For Christmas, I have Star Wars Lights that can shine against the house. I didn't set it up this year though. Most of our ornaments are Disney or Star Wars related. The other directions in the house include a Mickey Shaped Bell Wreath.

We're also going to watch Muppet Christmas Carol tonight most likely.

Hi, I'm new to RunDisney and will be running the marathon this year. I was wondering what everyone uses for spectators' runner tracking. Is the Disney tracking service reliable or would it be better to use another app paired with my phone? My DH and kids will be cheering at or near the Beach Club, and I'd like to make it easy for them to monitor my progress and predict what time I'll pass by. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter