Marathon Weekend 2018

I am sitting here feeling totally unmotivated to travel tomorrow. I can't shake my seemingly minor muscle strains and dread the thought of just plodding through 4 races. I either need some pixie dust or a whack upside the head to pull me out of this funk--I just don't know which.

On the plus side, I packed everything in my carry-on bag, including 4 sets of race clothes and a bunch of toss gear. And this time I remembered quarters for the Greeneway exits.

We are enabling owners of a neurotic dog who gets anxious when we pull out suitcases, so I have just been piling stuff up on the furniture in my bedroom. I will literally sneak my suitcase out when she's asleep and fill it up, and then hide it again until I get her to the dog-sitter (my mom). Do we cater to the dog too much? Probably :confused3

LOL. I do the exact same thing! I will not get the suitcase out until late Thursday night for Friday departure.

Good morning, Everyone! This is the last weather update I'm going to put out there for people traveling from the mid atlantic and northeast to Orlando for this week's races. Apparently, the forecast is still up in the air, but the forecasted noreaster between 1/4 and 1/5, is going to come to fruition, and the latest weather models show NY and other big cities northward, particularly Boston, getting drilled with heavy snow. A winter storm watch has been issued for Boston already for the 4th and 5th. Further south in DC, Baltimore and Philly, the forecast is still up in the air. The potential for heavy snow is growing for these areas, but the computer models do not agree on this. For DC, Balt. and PHilly, if there's going to be a problem it will likely happen between 3 AM and 9 PM on the 4th. We're scheduled to leave BWI at 10:30 AM on the 4th, so this could be a problem for me. Anyway, use or ignore this info as you wish. Just wanted to let people traveling from these areas where the forecast stood because I don't think the weather outlets are focusing on this the way they should.

namconus_ref_frzn_us_41.png
What are your thoughts for Hartford/Springfield area on 1/4? We are flying out of Bradley International (BDL) @ 8:30AM Forecasts are still up in the air with the latest showing snow will start around 3AM.

So my question is where should I watch my beloved Georgia Bulldogs next Monday?

From Atlanta!! For ESPN, make sure you get there early, I always remember it being hectic during NFL games. Another option would be to see if theres a UGA alumni group in central FL/Orlando that is having a big watch party at a local bar.

This Clemson fan woke up with a sad heart this morning. My brain know the logistics would have been a nightmare and my wallet is relieved! Good luck to your Dawgs!! Having been there the last 2 years, I know it's an exciting time!

I am sitting here feeling totally unmotivated to travel tomorrow. I can't shake my seemingly minor muscle strains and dread the thought of just plodding through 4 races. I either need some pixie dust or a whack upside the head to pull me out of this funk--I just don't know which.

On the plus side, I packed everything in my carry-on bag, including 4 sets of race clothes and a bunch of toss gear. And this time I remembered quarters for the Greeneway exits.
Are you kidding?! You have worked so hard for this weekend and you are about to see the HUGE pay-off. Not many people can do what you're about to do! It will be a weekend you will remember forever! Have fun!!!

I get like this too, and this dreary weather certainly isn’t helping!

But I know when I get to the Expo and see all my friends tomorrow, I’ll realize how much of a dummy I’ve been being mopey about Dopey.

Have they released pics of the shirts we get as part of signing up yet? I know for Wine & Dine they released pics the day before the expo.

What are your thoughts for Hartford/Springfield area on 1/4? We are flying out of Bradley International (BDL) @ 8:30AM Forecasts are still up in the air with the latest showing snow will start around 3AM.

We aren't under any advisories...yet. I think this is a cape storm TBH

We managed to get all our stuff packed into one rolling duffel that we will check and two carry-ons. It was a chore, but it is done. Because of all the extra throwaway blankets and clothes we are bringing, that duffel will be about half the size when we come back next week. Head to the ATL airport at 6:30 to fly out. Hope to be a Beach Club shortly after noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter