Marathon Weekend 2018

Achilles is tender. This has been an issue for awhile for me. It is not serious, tendinitis, so I intend to get out there and see how it goes. Start slow and see how things respond. Anxious and excited. I am going to take January off running and let things settle a bit and then build up to some summer races.

Good luck to all you Goofy, Dopey and Marathon runners! 26.2 to go.

Good luck to you and everyone else! I'm following some of you on the live tracking. (-3 degrees here in New England, so I don't want any complaints about the weather!)

Good morning runDisney All-stars!! I'm wearing my marathon shirt and rooting for you all!

For anyone who has the energy and desire to participate, here's the first Sundays are for Disney question of 2018 (I've cross posted on the 2019 thread for anyone that wants to join in there, as well!)

What are your Disney or running related resolutions for 2018? Or, if resolutions aren't your thing, what Disney/running goals do you have for this year?

Running goals: complete my third marathon in April and train for Dopey 2019 while staying healthy. Get closer to a 4-hour marathon.

Disney goals: Get the whole family in on planning another great Disney trip.

ATTQOTD: Convince my wife to get on board with a trip for Dark Side Weekend in April, after our Marathon Weekend trip was cancelled due to the weather here in New England. I won't be running any marathons this year (or perhaps ever again). I'm going to concentrate on the half marathon and shorter. Maybe run the First Order challenge (10k and half) at Dark Side.

Congrats to all the runners!!!

My friend and I ran the 10k and she bought one of the magnets at the expo. She put it on her car yesterday (we were at wilderness lodge) and when we came back to the car to check out about 5 hours later the magnet was gone! :mad: We drove around the parking lot and we saw 3 cars that looked like they had Mickey shaped magnets on their car but they seemed to be missing since you could see the marks from the dirt. So upsetting! The expo was closed by the time we realized. Anyone know how we might be able to purchase another magnet?

Congrats to all the runners!!!

My friend and I ran the 10k and she bought one of the magnets at the expo. She put it on her car yesterday (we were at wilderness lodge) and when we came back to the car to check out about 5 hours later the magnet was gone! :mad: We drove around the parking lot and we saw 3 cars that looked like they had Mickey shaped magnets on their car but they seemed to be missing since you could see the marks from the dirt. So upsetting! The expo was closed by the time we realized. Anyone know how we might be able to purchase another magnet?
Unfortunately magnet theft happens allot we were told at our first RunDisney event to not put them on the car till you get home

Either my husband gassed out, went on Rock N Roller Coaster or completely missed me. The first one makes me nervous for injury reasons. He should have passed 30 minutes ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter