Marathon Weekend 2018

Tell me how crazy I am....

DW and I are staying at POR, but plan to drive over for the 5k/10k/possibly half as well. I'd rather wake up a bit earlier and sit in my warm car as long as possible than ride the bus and sit in the freezing cold.

I believe the 10K is a TCU purple - there were definitely shirts in purple for pickup when we were setting up the Expo.
Their video makes them look the same. That is a dark purple then. Not a TCU fan either ;)

I don’t hate it but I’m so disappointed that the half shirt is black! Based on the medals, I was hoping for red, yellow or blue, and would have been perfectly happy with any of those colors. But I already have a black shirt from Lumiere’s Challenge in 2016 and black is just such a boring color. :(

I don’t hate it but I’m so disappointed that the half shirt is black! Based on the medals, I was hoping for red, yellow or blue, and would have been perfectly happy with any of those colors. But I already have a black shirt from Lumiere’s Challenge in 2016 and black is just such a boring color. :(

Counterpoint: Black is a heck of a lot better than white! Nobody needs to see these bad boys through a wet white tech shirt! :crazy2:

Counterpoint: Black is a heck of a lot better than white! Nobody needs to see these bad boys through a wet white tech shirt! :crazy2:
I guess that’s true. I guess I’d rather have black than see-through white. Good news for the white shirt though is it’s for Goofy, so those runners get other shirts too.

The 10K and Half shirts for the Avengers weekend were also the same colour - and actually the same colour as these ones. Maybe they had a lot of leftover stock with Champion to use up?

But I am convinced they purposely make the “free” shirts underwhelming. They have much better designed ones for sale at the expo for $35 each (assuming this weekend follows the trend I have experienced). Who would buy shirts if the race ones were awesome? I had to buy an Infinity Gauntlet one in California because I wanted something I would actually wear again.

I’m ok with my shirts. Purple is my favorite, so that for the 10k is good for me, and I like the red marathon as well.

Question: do they have the I did it shirts after the race? My usually not superstitious self is feeling a little nervous to buy it at the expo. I guess it’s the injured hip/fighting a virus combo.

I’m ok with my shirts. Purple is my favorite, so that for the 10k is good for me, and I like the red marathon as well.

Question: do they have the I did it shirts after the race? My usually not superstitious self is feeling a little nervous to buy it at the expo. I guess it’s the injured hip/fighting a virus combo.
Usually yes but I would think that depends on stock.

Have someone buy it for you to avoid the whole running gods & karma thing ;)

Ugh, why white? White should never be a race shirt...

Kind of disappointed that the marathon one is red because it looks very similar to my 2016 marathon shirt, but I don't mind the others I guess.

I immediately noticed the same thing. And my 2015 marathon shirt is black as is my 2016 Goofy shirt. Now I get a black half marathon shirt. Not thrilled with the white Goofy but at least I don't have that color yet.

On the other hand, I like the designs as they are very different from the ones I have. I think they are a lot better than the 2016 designs, which seemed like someone had accidentally shrunk them before applying them to the shirts.

This. This so much.
I was looking forward to the shirts matching the medals? Oh well.

I’ll be rocking out my Star Wars light side 10k shirt tomorrow. Hope to see you guys!!

I'm okay with the shirts. At this point I have a bunch of every color. My favorite race shirt was the orange Goofy shirt from back when they were the waffle material. I use the black and Navy ones a lot of training runs. I think I will the grey dopey one a lot too.

I like the marathon shirt but not super excited about the rest. I was hoping for a better Dopey one, but I’ll survive.

Also, the wind here ain’t nothin but the devil. Bitter cold wind. Ugh!

Upside loving my room at the Poly and happy all our luggage arrived with our mountains of throwdown stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter