Marathon Weekend 2020

There were a few mini waves after they got to E. I think E went in two waves and I was in front of F, where they strung a ribbon and separated us into minis. Of course, F was like 2500 people!

Congratulations everyone!!
Super nice to meet some of you at HH (remind me who you are again !) I hope everyone feels healthy and accomplished today.

This was one super tough run for me. First half marathon ever, and I got glutened by Sunshine Terrace on Wednesday so of course it made my Hashimotos flare up.(Which means temp regulation issues and more, ugh) so I came in 15-20 minutes slower than planned, but still under 2:45 so I’ll take it.

Hubby got 20 ish minutes under 2 for the half and just at 4 for the full for his first Goofy so I’m super proud of him.

@DopeyBadger hear someone yell Run Dopey at Boardwalk during the marathon ? Lol That was me. Saw you on course.

5:12:23
I’ve run my first marathon.
We enjoyed meeting everyone this weekend and I appreciated the support of the C group both races.
Someone here recommended holding onto the sponge if they give them out. I did. That made a huge difference for me to the end of the race. Thanks.

We enjoyed meeting everyone this weekend and I appreciated the support of the C group both races.
Someone here recommended holding onto the sponge if they give them out. I did. That made a huge difference for me to the end of the race. Thanks.
Ok What is this sponge about which you speak?

Dopey has been completed! Finished the Marathon in 5:21:43. This was my third Marathon and the other two were Philly, which is ran in late November. This was a hot and humid one. Decided to take it slow and stop for a lot of character pictures. I stopped for probably 80% or so of the pictures. I was planning on riding Everest, but when I ran by it was only 8:48 and I didn’t feel like hanging out for 12 minutes.

I recommended it—it was huge for me last year when I was nauseous. I kept it this time until mile 25!

Well I am back at my hotel. I made the decision to pull myself at the med station after mile 5. I was fighting nausea from early on and knew that probably meant I wasn’t going to finish but wasn’t sure where I would pull myself. Frustrated and upset but I also knew that with the forecast there was a high chance this would happen.

You made the right call, tough as it was. It was brutal by the time the last few corrals came in.

I am never staying anywhere but the Poly again! Goodness that was an easy journey to the start!

Sure was! Easy bag check, no limes, and no logistical debacles.

I think RunDisney is going to be getting a call from Powerade about the terms of their sponsorship after Carissa recommended alternating between water and Gatorade during her pre-race announcements.

As we crossed the finish line, Carissa telling everyone not to drink alcohol today, so what does she know?

Well done!! And congrats to all the other finishers too!

I recommended it—it was huge for me last year when I was nauseous. I kept it this time until mile 25!
Then I will second @PaDisneyCouple in thanking you! I remembered reading on the thread at some point and when I got to b the sponges I kept it. I put it under my hat so I I could dump water on my head and then sponge would soak up water and then every so often I would squish it on my head. Life saver! Thank you!!’

Dopey has been completed! Finished the Marathon in 5:21:43. This was my third Marathon and the other two were Philly, which is ran in late November. This was a hot and humid one. Decided to take it slow and stop for a lot of character pictures. I stopped for probably 80% or so of the pictures. I was planning on riding Everest, but when I ran by it was only 8:48 and I didn’t feel like hanging out for 12 minutes.
Everest didn't open at 9, so your wait would have been longer. The Goof Troop arrives shortly after 9 and they were saying 9:30.....so we left and got around the back side of the ride and saw it open !

So excited for you all! I'll be running Princess Half and would love to get advice on best way for DH to see me along the route. Preferably at MK and finish line

Today was my first marathon, and I missed my goal by 45 minutes (and what I thought was my “worst case scenario” by 15). Can anyone make me feel better about this? Lol. Can I just blame the humidity? Ha.
CONGRATULATIONS! You are a marathoner!
Go look up what percentage of the population has run a marathon. Then look up personality traits of marathoners.
It’s all good stuff.
You did a great thing. Be proud.

Today was my first marathon, and I missed my goal by 45 minutes (and what I thought was my “worst case scenario” by 15). Can anyone make me feel better about this? Lol. Can I just blame the humidity? Ha.
Yes! You can absolutely blame the heat and humidity. And you finished a marathon!!! You never know how the first one will go, and you had not ideal weather to deal with also. Congratulations on finishing!!!

You finished a marathon in pretty difficult conditions, so be proud of that. Temperature and humidity were definitely huge factors in your time, so realize that if you can come in only 45 slower than your goal in conditions like this, you'll probably smash your goal in your next marathon!

Also, my first marathon the temp got to 90deg F - probably not as much humidity as here, but still sunny and hot!! I ran another marathon a month and a half later with great running weather, and I took 25 minutes off that first marathon’s time even though it was a much hillier course.
I believe your time could change a lot with better weather.

Then I will second @PaDisneyCouple in thanking you! I remembered reading on the thread at some point and when I got to b the sponges I kept it. I put it under my hat so I I could dump water on my head and then sponge would soak up water and then every so often I would squish it on my head. Life saver! Thank you!!’

I tried the sponge under the hat trick, but gave up on it pretty quickly. I’m apparently somewhat coordination challenged, as well. At least twice I didn’t get all the water to go down the back of my head when pouring it over. As a result, I ended up washing salt into my eyes, with burning consequences! Not to mention the crusted salt left on my glasses lenses when it dried. Sometimes I wonder how I manage to function in daily life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter