• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

Guys I need somebody to talk real to me about Goofy: I'm thinking hard about whether to do the Marathon only or Goofy, and my biggest stumbling block to signing up for Goofy is that it's pretty much the same course two days in a row. Yes I know the half doesn't go through all 4 parks but I'm concerned it will feel like the same thing two days in a row with the second day being twice as grueling. Was anybody out there disappointed running Goofy because it was boring doing so much of the same thing twice?

I’m in the minority, but I loved the HM in 19. The back half with the sun coming up was peaceful and beautiful. I was a fan. I have zero qualms with doing Goofy this year. Plus, it’s two opportunities to run through the castle.

Guys I need somebody to talk real to me about Goofy: I'm thinking hard about whether to do the Marathon only or Goofy, and my biggest stumbling block to signing up for Goofy is that it's pretty much the same course two days in a row. Yes I know the half doesn't go through all 4 parks but I'm concerned it will feel like the same thing two days in a row with the second day being twice as grueling. Was anybody out there disappointed running Goofy because it was boring doing so much of the same thing twice?

It didn’t bother me at all except for the Epcot portion of the half. They changed the course so basically if you blinked you missed Epcot. I was also running with @jennamfeo so the highway miles went by quickly. When I run that course alone I just zone out to music. I’m running Goofy in 2020. I just don’t have the time for Dopey due to family obligations and a new horse and talks of buying another horse for me.

It didn’t bother me at all except for the Epcot portion of the half. They changed the course so basically if you blinked you missed Epcot. I was also running with @jennamfeo so the highway miles went by quickly. When I run that course alone I just zone out to music. I’m running Goofy in 2020. I just don’t have the time for Dopey due to family obligations and a new horse and talks of buying another horse for me.

#GoofySquad2020

So does anyone know if you can return the pre purchased merchandise? I’m actually loving the retro look, but torn about buying early and not finishing the races.

Oh I didn't realize they changed the Epcot portion of the half. I should look at the maps again.

Merch designs match theme announcements - making me wonder if those will be our shirt colors.

Debating on that jacket. The pre-order jackets are always a gamble and I’m debating getting the Dopey jacket when I go to the merch area. Oh man. Mouse really wants his money.

@SheHulk - I really enjoyed doing Goofy last year. But it’s also made me realize how much I wished I had done Dopey. I agree that the repeat of the course wasn’t fun but I made a goal to stop for characters so that helped with the highway miles. I agree with @Bree that the most disappointing part was the blink and you miss it run through Epcot. From what’s I saw, Princess had the same route through Epcot back in February so this may just be what to expect in January😥.

So does anyone know if you can return the pre purchased merchandise? I’m actually loving the retro look, but torn about buying early and not finishing the races.

Nope. No returns or exchanges. They have had the preorder jackets at the expo for the last few race weekends. I'm gambling on them doing it again so I can try them on before I commit to a purchase. There is always a resale market on facebook, ebay, etc if you decide to preorder.

Am I the only one who can't decide on a resort for the races? Tell me, is doing the Poly a good idea for the use of the monorail on the race mornings? Do you all walk over to the Epcot monorail or just take the resort around and then transfer?

Am I the only one who can't decide on a resort for the races? Tell me, is doing the Poly a good idea for the use of the monorail on the race mornings? Do you all walk over to the Epcot monorail or just take the resort around and then transfer?
You could do either. The resort monorail is running.

Monorail does not run for the 5K and 10K you take a bus for that but the half and full do use the monorail.

You could do either. The resort monorail is running.

Monorail does not run for the 5K and 10K you take a bus for that but the half and full do use the monorail.

Thanks! I'm doing Dopey and I just know that I want a little different feel for the half and the full. I've never stayed at the Poly, so I think this is probably the perfect time for it. . .

I am looking at the board on Friday seeing that the 10k was open, and I'm thinking I need to check in more often. I would consider adding the 10k to "just the marathon" if I do see it open again.
10K is back open!
I remember the first time I did a Disney run, I think it was 2006. I went to the Expo, and signed up for the 5k which was happening the next day! Can you imagine signing up the day before? Any way, that 5k lead me to do the half in 2008, then the full in 2010, then the Goofy in 2012, Just the marathon in 2015, the Dopey in 2017, and back to just the marathon this year. If the 10k opens up and I catch it, I may sign up for that too.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

We are 191 days away from the kickoff of marathon weekend 2020! For this week's Sundays are for Disney, I want to know what characters you hope to see out on the course during marathon weekend.

Last year, either the half or the full had a character stop with three female villains (maybe Maleficent, the Queen of Hearts and one other?). It was right outside of MK, they were blasting some moody, foreboding music and that might have been the morning it was pretty foggy, too. Anyway, I didn't stop, but it all looked super cool. So, I'd like to see some more villains out like Dr. Facilier and Oogie Boogie.

Other characters I'd like to see on the course: Maui, Stitch and Buzz Lightyear.

Have a great week, everyone!

We are 191 days away from the kickoff of marathon weekend 2020! For this week's Sundays are for Disney, I want to know what characters you hope to see out on the course during marathon weekend.
I am always a fan of rarer characters or characters in costumes we don’t normally see. Villains are always great. I’ve met Hades with pain and panic, oogie boogie, and the queen of hearts.

I know for the 5K and 10K this year they had some different outfits in world showcase. Scottish Goofy for example. I am always looking for stuff like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter