Marathon Weekend 2022

Had a blast, stopped for a bunch of photos and, nearest and dearest to my heart, was on the first elevator ride on Tower of Terror this morning!

As I told everyone in line, I ran 23 miles to ride ToT without a Park Pass. :-)

Hope everyone had a great race out there!

Attachments

• 793095109_MEDIUM.jpg
    793095109_MEDIUM.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I had a 14min PR and I stopped for characters!
Editing to add- I’m really happy. I really tried to run this race for me and have fun, and that made a huge difference. I always put so much pressure on myself before, it’s exactly why I signed up for a Disney race. However, that 2.26 mile walk to the corral was stupid.

Literally got passed by the balloon ladies IN the castle. Do I get a special award for that? Ha.
I am in the sweep bus now. Did my best. The blister on the bottom of my foot from yesterday popped almost immediately and it was a rough time from there. Hoping for the best for everyone else!
Sorry to hear this but you accomplished a lot more than most people would ever dream of! Can you check you direct messages? I wanted to ask you a quick question. 😊

3:15:34 with one quick bathroom stop. Hopefully that is enough cushion to get into Boston but I felt really good despite it being a little warmer than ideal.

My fueling was spot on. 3 UCAN and 1 Huma with another UCAN before the start. Now I just need to hobble around Epcot for the day.

Glad to see it didn’t heat up as quickly as expected out there. I had a relatively smooth, enjoyable race for the most part, coming in at 4:32:24 which is a 21 minute Disney PR beating out Goofy 2019.

A couple of quick notes from the race.

Whoever decided that the wide, rigid plastic cups were a good choice for Powerade: no. Just no.

Also: Humidity 1
Anti-chafing strategy. 0

My chain mail armor InknBurn shirt looks rusted in spots now. I am also writing this post in active avoidance of the shower.

On a side note (@DopeyBadger might find this useful for future data): they let people out much quicker today than yesterday. I was in the middle of S6 both days. Today I started at 5:20 am, yesterday was closer to 5:45 am. My prediction is they wanted to give people as much time before the sun rises as possible.
We also started before 5… Maybe 4:55?? With wheelchairs before that. From the first wave of s2, my start time was 4:58.

Last edited:
Great race, 3:56:51
Not a PR but a sub 4 Dopey! Thrilled with that, and had a great time meeting up with some fellow crazy people.
Can’t wait to do it again, now it’s time to relax at the pool.

Congratulations to all the weekends runners!

What an emotional roller coaster that was. Started off great. Around mile 5, I start feeling this sharp pain on the outside of my left knee. I keep going. Then all of a sudden about two miles later my knee buckles. Left side of my body looks like a blew a tire. So I limp along and keep going. Having to walk for about a minute after each mile. The left hand turns and uphills were unbearable. Finally I get over to the med station around the half way mark. They wrap it with an ace bandage and tape to support the outside of my knee and put pressure on it. Back in the game! Every now and then I would feel a twitch in it and would have to go into walk for a few seconds and start back up. Also, my hamstring and quad on that leg were working overtime to help out the knee. So my quad was barking at me. I used so much Bio Freeze. That got me through the run. I ran the gambit of emotions out there. Frustration, anger, sadness when I didn’t know I was going to be able to continue on, happiness, and finally relief and joy. I ended up coming in around 4:39. I will take it.

Some thoughts:

I will be happy to not see blue Powerade for a long time.
I thought they needed more food stops out there with different variety.
The outsides of Animal Kingdom are a snooze fest.
Was happy they let whole starting groups go out at once.

Last edited:
Literally got passed by the balloon ladies IN the castle. Do I get a special award for that? Ha.
I am in the sweep bus now. Did my best. The blister on the bottom of my foot from yesterday popped almost immediately and it was a rough time from there. Hoping for the best for everyone else!
We might've been on the same bus?
Today was not my day. Got knocked down around mile 3, backstage at Epcot. Twisted my knee, doesn't seem to be anything serious, but running was uncomfortable. Decided to pull myself out once I made it through MK.
Bummed, but oh well. I'll be back next year!

Felt really solid most of the race and then tanked around 22. Ended up walking quite a bit and ended with 5:10:53. Kind bummed because I would’ve PRd even with stops if I had kept the pace, but my ankles and feet were done and my body started to stiffen because it wasn’t used to me walking.

Back at my hotel trying to get my feet and ankles in some ice water but dang that is cold!! Anyone know the trick to getting the hotel vending to read a CC? I always have this problem! I tried using cash and it wouldn’t take one of my dollars and then returned me other money in quarters 😂 I’m just trying to get a sprite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter