Marathon Weekend 2022

@lhermiston This is for you. I think @rteetz was the only under 40yo marathon runner at Not Marathon Weekend. I could be wrong though. Lots of drinks were had and the memory gets fuzzy........

View attachment 552624

The color of that sweatshirt roughly matches the mystery liquid I ran through during the full. That's the sort of coordination and accessorizing I live for.

Running a marathon must be a little like childbirth in that you forget the pain and see the experience through foggy rose-colored glasses. Or else the Goof Troop Roving Road Party (TM) must have magic powers because I abhor/detest/revile/hate (is that enough verbs?) running in the heat, and yet I don't have any recollection of it negatively affecting me. I guess it means I "did Disney right"....took it easy, stopped a lot, and had fun!

We had lots of folks making sure there was enough barley and hops to keep us hydrated.

And then there was 2020. Before that weekend when everyone expressed concern over the heat, I thought to myself, I made it through 2019's marathon heat, it will be okay. Little did I know. Little did I know.
:rotfl2: Fun story: in my recent Facebook Memories was a pic I posted immediately after the 2019 Marathon -in my car, AC blasting, chocolate milk in one hand, Sprite in the other. Caption read something about the good news being it can't possibly be any hotter next year. Oops. :lmao: I spent the second half of the 2020 Marathon telling myself repeatedly, "You've run in worse heat than this," which was true (FL runner)... but wasn't particularly helpful lol!

Late to the intro SAFD, but:

Who: Sean & Christine
From where: PA!
Other hobbies: The Finger Lakes in NY, lap swimming for cross-training, AHL and NHL hockey, gardening (asparagus is coming soon!), Olympic-style 3-position smallbore, prone smallbore, and 10M air rifle (DH), Pilates (DW), and walks with greyhound #2 Austin:

Austin: Grade A racer, formerly at Orlando-Sanford track, over 100 career starts, bounce-back (returned) by his first family, now enjoying a quiet life with his toys.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! Welcome to another round of Sundays are for Disney!

For this week's SAFD, who is your favorite Disney character (or characters)? For the sake of this question, we're not going to count Star Wars or MCU characters, but Pixar characters are fair game.

I like Stitch because he's rowdy, but ultimately a good dude, so he'd fit in well in the Goof Troop. Dash Parr always cracks me up and is a funny, well-executed character. I also love Sully and Buzz Lightyear. My favorite Disney princess is Tiana, but Anna and Elsa remind me of my girls.

Have a safe and healthy week, everyone!

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! Welcome to another round of Sundays are for Disney!

For this week's SAFD, who is your favorite Disney character (or characters)? For the sake of this question, we're not going to count Star Wars or MCU characters, but Pixar characters are fair game.

In no particular order....
Wall-E - loyal, honest, and the truest friend one could ever have
Gonzo - quirky, odd, and always there for his pals
Timon and Pumbaa - gotta love some comedic relief when things get tough
Donald Duck - the most well developed and interesting of the OG characters

SAFD:

PIXAR - Carl Fredericksen. I love the story of Carl and Ellie, and it resonates with me so much as a naturally timid, conservative person married to a more artistic and bold woman. His story speaks to how loving others draws out the best in all of us.

DISNEY - Donald Duck. This is kind of the opposite end of the spectrum. I know he would be the worst in real life, but he's suck a riot. I'm really the anti-Donald -- very even-keeled, calm, very rarely angry -- but that makes him even more appealing in some ways. I have a Donald hat (signed by Pato Donald himself! Donald Duck! #1!), a Donald coffee mug, and now TWO Donald half-marathon medals. He's my guy.

SAFD:

Dash Parr and Moana, as they remind me of my son and daughter. Dash, cause my son is just too fast all the time, and Moana, cause my daughter is as headstrong and determined.

I'll let you guess based on my avatar which is my favourite princess. Again, a resourceful and independant woman who is a great role model for young women.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter