Marathon Weekend 2023

Hi Guys

Need some help if its possible.

I am in DisneyWORLD during the duration of the marathon weekend and only just realised the marathon weekend is on at the same time which I would love to do. Is there any companies that sell places to this event or any other way of getting a place as the official Disney site is officially sold out!
Thanks all

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I am in DisneyLand during the duration of the marathon weekend and only just realised the marathon weekend is on at the same time which I would love to do. Is there any companies that sell places to this event or any other way of getting a place as the official Disney site is officially sold out!
Thanks all
DisneyLAND is in California, and these races are held at DisneyWORLD (in Florida.) So that may be your first hurdle. If you are at the correct Disney place for the race weekend, at this point your only options are to follow the telegram account for the run disney registration availability (I can't remember the exact name right now, but I think I saw somewhere else that their twitter is gone now), stalk the rundisney website for availability to randomly open up, or somehow get signed up with a charity. The charity option filled up REALLY fast this year when the races sold out incredibly (and shockingly) quickly, and I believe most if not all of them have waitlists. I have seen a few post in a FB group about availability (likely from people who got injured, had plans change, or just cannot meet their fundraising requirement) for some of the shorter distances, but those also get scooped up pretty quickly.

It will be tough to get a bib at this point, and Disney does not allow people to sell/transfer/defer their bibs.

If you're interested in running a disney race in the future, they have put out the race calendar for the 2023/24 season, and I believe it has registration dates on it.

DisneyLAND is in California, and these races are held at DisneyWORLD (in Florida.) So that may be your first hurdle. If you are at the correct Disney place for the race weekend, at this point your only options are to follow the telegram account for the run disney registration availability (I can't remember the exact name right now, but I think I saw somewhere else that their twitter is gone now), stalk the rundisney website for availability to randomly open up, or somehow get signed up with a charity. The charity option filled up REALLY fast this year when the races sold out incredibly (and shockingly) quickly, and I believe most if not all of them have waitlists. I have seen a few post in a FB group about availability (likely from people who got injured, had plans change, or just cannot meet their fundraising requirement) for some of the shorter distances, but those also get scooped up pretty quickly.

It will be tough to get a bib at this point, and Disney does not allow people to sell/transfer/defer their bibs.

If you're interested in running a disney race in the future, they have put out the race calendar for the 2023/24 season, and I believe it has registration dates on it.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. Have edited my post as I am in DisneyWorld, Thanks

Thats so helpful thanks heaps. I might just have to go to Disneyworld again in 2024 then lol

Last year's event guide came out on Dec 6. That was 4 weeks and 2 days before the expo.
2020's even guide came out on Dec 12, which was 3 weeks and 5 days before the expo.
This year's W&D event guide came out Oct 18, which was 2 weeks and 2 days before the expo.

Anyone want to guess what day we are getting the event guide?

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the quick reply. Have edited my post as I am in DisneyWorld, Thanks

Thats so helpful thanks heaps. I might just have to go to Disneyworld again in 2024 then lol
I wondered if it was just a typo. ;)

I'm going to include a quoted post so you can see the sellout times for the last few race weekends. If you scroll down to 2023 Marathon Weekend you'll see that everything sold out in about an hour, which was pretty crazy.

It looks like they haven't officially announced when registration will be for the next season of races, but here's the info we do have:

2023-2024 runDisney Race Calendar and Registration Dates​

• Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 – November 2-5 Registration TBD (March was the previous timeframe)
  • Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 2024- January 3-7. TBD (Registration was in April previously)
  • Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2024- February 22 to February 25. TBD (Registration was previously in June)
  • Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024- April 18- April 21. (Registration was previously in August)
I figured having one thread for historical race weekend sell out timing would be useful. There's always a lot of hand wringing over the registration process and the timing of sell outs. So I figured some historical data would be useful for those discussions in one easily findable collection of information. I'll updated this thread after each weekend's registration.

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process) & Part 2

Wine and Dine

2022 Race
Start (link)
No more queue after 37 min (link)
10k sold out in 39 min (link)
5k sold out in 49 min (link)
HM sold out in 30 hours (link)
Challenge sold out in 1.5 weeks (link)

2021 Race (1st race registration since COVID-19 cancellations)
Start (link)
Queues stating wait longer than 1 hr (link)
No more queue after 41 min (link)
10k sold out in 55 min (link); Momentarily at 4:15 hrs post opening, it was noted that the 10k was open again (link)
5k sold out in 6 days (link)
*All races reopened 2.5 weeks after registration (link)
*All races continued to periodically reopen.

2020 Race (Reduced availability?? or Villain theme??)
Start (link)
5k and 10k sold out in 46 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 86 min (link)
Half Marathon sold out in 126 min (link)
*2020 registration was March 10th, 2020 which was before most of the world pivoted due to COVID-19. So it's hard to say this race actually did have reduced capacity. It is more likely that this race sold out quickly due to an anniversary year in combination with the newly announced Villains theme. 2021 will also be Villain themed.

2019 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 84 min (link)
5k sold out in 8.5 hrs (link)
HM sold out in three days (link)
Challenge sold out in May when registration was in March (link)
*There were brief occasions when these races opened back up again for a few moments.

**Couldn't find the 2018 Wine and Dine thread

2017 Race
Start (link)
10k sold out in 3 weeks (link)
HM sold out in 4 weeks (link)
5k sold out in 5 weeks (link)
*No mention of when Challenge sold out

Princess Weekend

Start (link)
Queue still present at 53 min (link)
Yoga sold out in 40 min (link)
10k sold out in 41 min (link)
5k sold out in 50 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 65 min (link)
HM sold out in 3:05 hrs (link)

Start (link)
No more queue after 21 min (link)
10k sold out in 23 hours (link)
5k sold out in 2 days (link)
HM sold out in month (link)
Challenge unknown sell out date
*5k, 10k, HM periodically open after sell out in 23 hrs.

Yoga sold out in 3.5 hrs (link). Registration was about a month after normal registration.

2021 (Presumed reduced availability)
Start (link)
10k sold out in 20 min. (link)
Challenge sold out in 23 min (link)
Half sold out in 26 min (link)
5k sold out in 28 min (link)

Start (link)
5k and 10k sold out in 97 min (link)
Challenge sold out in Sept 2019 when registration was June 2019 (link)
HM sold out in Dec 2019 when registration was June 2019 (link)

Start (link)
10k sold out in 57 min (link)
5k sold out in 10 hours (link) *Post about 1 hr earlier states only 10k sold out thus far
Challenge and HM still open 2 months later (October with August registration) (link)
Challenge sold out sometime between 2-3 months based on this and prior post (link)

Start (link)
10k on "hold" in 14 min (link) reopened at 22 min (link) sold out in 45 min (link)
Challenge on "hold" in 16 min (link) sold out in 67 min (link)
5k sold out in 12 hours (link)
HM sold out in 2 weeks (link)

Start (link)
10k on "hold" in 5 min (link) reopened at 21 min (link) sold out in 74 min (link)
Challenge on "hold" in 13 min (link) reopened at 21 min (link) sold out in ? (greater than 1.5 weeks (link) and less than 6 months (link))
5k sold out in ? (no one mentions 5k is sold out)
HM sold out in ? (greater than 1.5 weeks (link) and less than 6 months (link))

Start (link)
Challenge sold out in 105 min (link)
10K sold out in 2.5 hrs (link)
HM sold out at approximately 7 hours (link)
5K sold out 5 days (link)

Marathon Weekend

Start (link)
Delayed Registration Timing until 12:30pm ET (link)
5k sold out in 24 min (link)
10k sold out in 34 min (link)
No more queue after 34 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 38 min (link)
Goofy sold out in 43 min (link)
HM sold out in 55 min (link)
M sold out in 67 min (link)

Start (link)
Opening queues stating wait of 8 min to over an hour (link); Timing does not appear until exact time of registration opening
No more queue after 21 min (link)
5k sold out in 45 min (link)
HM sold out in 86 min (link)
10k sold out in 5 hours (link)
Goofy sold out in 2.5 days (link)
Dopey/M sold out on 10/12 (link)
*All races periodically reopened.

2021 (Presumed reduced availability)
Start (link)
Goofy sold out in 19 min (link)
Dopey sold out in 26 min (link)
5k sold out in 26 min (link)
10k sold out in 31 min (link)
HM sold out in 31 min (link)
M sold out in 89 min (link)

Start (link)
5k sold out in ~20 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
Goofy sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
HM sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
Marathon sold out in Oct 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link) *Can't find a specific post for this one.
Dopey sold out in Nov 2019 when registration was April 2019 (link)
***A few of the races opened momentarily between April and October (like 5k in August). Likely because they were breaking up unsold challenge bibs.

Start (link)
5k sold out in 8 hours (link)
10k sold out in 21 hours (link)
HM, M, Goofy and Dopey were essentially open until the end.
***A few times the 5k and 10k reappeared as they were presumably breaking up unsold Goofy/Dopey bibs.

Start (Feb) (link)
5k sold out in 4.5 hrs (link)
10k sold out in 2.25 days (link)
Dopey sold out in 2.5 days (link)
HM sold out in May (link)
M sold out in November (link)
No information found on Goofy selling out

Start (April) (link)
5k sold out in 90 min (link)
10k sold out in 93 min (link)
HM sold out in 25 hrs (link)
Dopey sold out in August (link)
No information found on Goofy or M selling out

Spring Surprise

Start (link)
5k sold out in 31 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 5 days (link)
10k sold out in 6 days (link)
10 miler sold out in X (link)
Yoga sold out in X (link)

Start (link)
5k sold out in 19 min (link)
Challenge sold out in 35 min (link)
10k sold out in month (Dec 9th to Jan 10th) (link)
10 miler and Yoga still open as of 1/28/22

Hey! I know that spot! I don’t run there often but drive over there every now and then.
Very fortunate to be able to have an office on the waterway and able to run the waterway to North Shore Park during the week. Makes for a nice scenic run. Much better than running through the neighborhood on the weekends.

Last year's event guide came out on Dec 6. That was 4 weeks and 2 days before the expo.
2020's even guide came out on Dec 12, which was 3 weeks and 5 days before the expo.
This year's W&D event guide came out Oct 18, which was 2 weeks and 2 days before the expo.

Anyone want to guess what day we are getting the event guide?
Well I don’t like the way that is trending! But I think it will end up being 3 weeks out. Or runDisney can continue the current tend and in just a couple more years we can look forward to being handed an event guide along with our medal at the end of the race…

Hi Guys

I am in DisneyWORLD during the duration of the marathon weekend and only just realised the marathon weekend is on at the same time which I would love to do. Is there any companies that sell places to this event or any other way of getting a place as the official Disney site is officially sold out!
Thanks all
Start reaching out to the charities and see if they have a bib available. There’s a list on the run Disney website. I think there’s a cutoff date for those who haven’t raised enough funds and some openings might pop up for you. Best way to raise some funds or pay extra to run for a great cause.

Well I don’t like the way that is trending! But I think it will end up being 3 weeks out. Or runDisney can continue the current tend and in just a couple more years we can look forward to being handed an event guide along with our medal at the end of the race…
Right?! I was surprised when there was so much disparity between last MW and W&D.

There's a twitter bot that will notify you if spots open up. You have to be quick. @runDisRegStatus

Well, I’m injured. Last Friday I did my 2nd 16 miler and felt some pain in my right Achilles. Not terrible while running but over the course of the day as things cooled down and started tightening up, I was hobbling. Took some nsaids and iced it that night and the next morning it felt better. I took a rest day, did some calf raises to test it out, and it felt a little weak but not painful. So, I did a short treadmill run the following day, stopped at 5 miles when I started feeling some twinges. Did another treadmill run the next day, and got to 7 miles before it started to hurt. Both of these days I was able to walk normally after the run and the following morning. I really thought I was on the mend.
The next day I went outside for the first time, 8 miles. That was a mistake. I never had bad pain, but I got some low level pain in BOTH sides about halfway through. Weird thing is it felt more like my calf than the Achilles. Kept it easy and didn’t feel like my form was breaking down. A couple of hours later, I knew I was in trouble. Hobbling around again. The next morning I also had pretty significant swelling on both ankles, mostly over my medial malleolus, and my right medial ankle is covered in a large bruise. IDK what to make of that because the Achilles inserts at the back of the heel and I haven’t had any medial pain. Also, I’m not an overpronator. If anything, I supinate a little. It’s just odd.
So, this is day 2 of no running. I have less swelling today, but it’s still there and the bruise is turning several lovely colors. My triathlete friend gave me the name of a functional sports group she has gone to for a few years that helped her get through several injuries over the years. I have an appointment Tuesday. Until then, no running. I will go for some walks just to keep some movement and I’m going to focus on other exercises like core and some strength stuff. And try not to freak out too much. We’re only 6 weeks out from MW, and I am officially worried. Everything was going so well. Training was on track, I was feeling good and really feeling confident. I’m just feeling really nervous and sorry for myself right now.

Well, I’m injured. Last Friday I did my 2nd 16 miler and felt some pain in my right Achilles. Not terrible while running but over the course of the day as things cooled down and started tightening up, I was hobbling. Took some nsaids and iced it that night and the next morning it felt better. I took a rest day, did some calf raises to test it out, and it felt a little weak but not painful. So, I did a short treadmill run the following day, stopped at 5 miles when I started feeling some twinges. Did another treadmill run the next day, and got to 7 miles before it started to hurt. Both of these days I was able to walk normally after the run and the following morning. I really thought I was on the mend.
The next day I went outside for the first time, 8 miles. That was a mistake. I never had bad pain, but I got some low level pain in BOTH sides about halfway through. Weird thing is it felt more like my calf than the Achilles. Kept it easy and didn’t feel like my form was breaking down. A couple of hours later, I knew I was in trouble. Hobbling around again. The next morning I also had pretty significant swelling on both ankles, mostly over my medial malleolus, and my right medial ankle is covered in a large bruise. IDK what to make of that because the Achilles inserts at the back of the heel and I haven’t had any medial pain. Also, I’m not an overpronator. If anything, I supinate a little. It’s just odd.
So, this is day 2 of no running. I have less swelling today, but it’s still there and the bruise is turning several lovely colors. My triathlete friend gave me the name of a functional sports group she has gone to for a few years that helped her get through several injuries over the years. I have an appointment Tuesday. Until then, no running. I will go for some walks just to keep some movement and I’m going to focus on other exercises like core and some strength stuff. And try not to freak out too much. We’re only 6 weeks out from MW, and I am officially worried. Everything was going so well. Training was on track, I was feeling good and really feeling confident. I’m just feeling really nervous and sorry for myself right now.
Sending you all the best wishes for a quick recovery! Glad you were able to get an appointment quickly.

Ack! I'm so sorry to hear this. The good news is that you still have 6 weeks. It may not be the race you wanted, but with the help of some professionals, I have faith you will be able to get to the start line.

Ack! I'm so sorry to hear this. The good news is that you still have 6 weeks. It may not be the race you wanted, but with the help of some professionals, I have faith you will be able to get to the start line.
I really hope so. If it were just the HM or just the marathon I would be less worried. The thing that is making me the most nervous is the cumulative days of racing if I’m not at 100%. And, as good as training was going, I don’t see me wanting to do this again. However, if I don’t finish Dopey, I will feel the need for redemption and have to train for a marathon again.

I was injured 5 weeks before. Got a cortisone shot and didn’t run until a very short 4 miler before the race. I felt great for the most part and didn’t feel under trained. There’s hope. I’d just participate for fun

I was injured 5 weeks before. Got a cortisone shot and didn’t run until a very short 4 miler before the race. I felt great for the most part and didn’t feel under trained. There’s hope. I’d just participate for fun
That is actually very reassuring. I hope my training will carry me if I am sidelined for a while. I hope to at least be able to cross train some to counteract that stress of “omg I’m losing fitness”.

Definitely get it checked out. For what it's worth I had recurrent Achilles tendon pain that I ran with for years. The Orthosleeve FS6 compression sleeve for PF provided great support and relief while running if you want to check it out. That sleeve got me through many a race weekend until I was able to figure out how to fix it. Ultimately, working with a PT, I found out I was running a little too upright and incorporating a slight forward lean at the ankle solved the issue long term.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter