Marathon Weekend 2023

Do you think there will be a magic band for marathon weekend? I really like the magic band I have (it was the Tiana one from last flower and Garden), but it's just a regular one and won't work at Disneyland once they get the program there. I'm trying to decide if I should preorder one since they seem to be cheaper, but I would love a Marathon one if they will have it. I don't think I'm a person who will want to collect magic bands, so I just need one.
Yes. There was one for wine and dine so I would expect one for mw as well. Somewhat surprising is that it was NOT the new MB+.

I’m not even sure that would be allowed, and that would be tough to run in for a Half. I did think about it for a few minutes. This isn’t quite that over the top.
I’ve seen the inflatable dinosaur running in a video for the London Marathon. Can you even imagine running in that costume for 26.2 miles?!?

SAFD: Dopey #2
1. Finish every race feeling strong. If I could mimic my 2022 experience I'd consider that a win.
2. Reintroduce strength training into my routine.
3. Show up in January fitter, stronger, lighter, and hopefully with no covid anxiety!!
4. Try to get under 5 hours for the marathon without sacrificing having fun and taking pictures.
1. TBD
2. Didn't happen. Adding lifting to my high training load this summer seemed like too much. Maybe next year!
3. Definitely fitter. Not stronger or lighter but feeling good!
4. TBD!

Hoping to join the HH meet up if I can keep my social anxiety at bay. 😅 Any other ladies going to be down there solo? Thinking of all of you battling injuries going into this last month. I hope you can rest and heal up the best you can in the next few weeks. Race day (and leading up to) may not be look like what you had planned and that can be hard. You only get one body though. Take care of it!

Last year's event guide came out on Dec 6. That was 4 weeks and 2 days before the expo.
2020's even guide came out on Dec 12, which was 3 weeks and 5 days before the expo.
This year's W&D event guide came out Oct 18, which was 2 weeks and 2 days before the expo.
I just scoured the 2019 thread and it looks like they didn't release it until the 19th(?!) that year.....which is 3 weeks I guess since it was "later" that year.

Princess 2022 was 2 weeks and 6 days before the expo.

SS 2022 was 2 weeks before the expo.

2018 MW guide was on Dec 8th and has the same dates as this year.

I could be mis-labeling the year on the older ones. I've looked a lot of numbers today and my brain is over it.

Last edited:
Just got emails about waivers! Event guide coming soon mayhaps?
I got the same email, too. It's prompting me to sign my waiver. But is shows I signed it on April 19, 2022. I don't even remember doing it! I'm assuming that was registration day?

Just glanced at the waiver email and saw this in the corner….completely disregarded the fact that it says “MICKEY MOUSE” in all caps and just looked at the other details. And said out loud - I’m a girl, from WI, running dopey. This is not my registration 😂🤦🏻‍♀️View attachment 723454
I'm more upset that they got the birthday wrong!

Do you think there will be a magic band for marathon weekend? I really like the magic band I have (it was the Tiana one from last flower and Garden), but it's just a regular one and won't work at Disneyland once they get the program there. I'm trying to decide if I should preorder one since they seem to be cheaper, but I would love a Marathon one if they will have it. I don't think I'm a person who will want to collect magic bands, so I just need one.
I would be very surprised if there wasn't. I think there has been a MagicBand for every WDW race I've run. I bought the Marathon Weekend 2022 MagicBand. If the past is any guide, I would anticipate this particular band to heavily feature the event weekend key art and colors. The 2022 band featured the fab 5 plus Chip and Dale and maybe Daisy in their 50th anniversary costumes and colors. So for 2023, I expect lots of neon.

Does anyone recall if Garmin usually has a booth at the expo? Thinking of upgrading but want to wait. They used to sometimes offer discounts or "specials" when you buy from them at an expo although I suspect those days may be long gone.

Does anyone recall if Garmin usually has a booth at the expo? Thinking of upgrading but want to wait. They used to sometimes offer discounts or "specials" when you buy from them at an expo although I suspect those days may be long gone.
Either Garmin or Fit2Run are usually there with discounts on Garmins. Unless you're looking for one of the newest models, though, you can generally find better prices elsewhere. I think the discounts generally run in the 10% range.

On those days when I do not want to run because of laziness, I tell myself that the 4 mile run for that day is really mile 22 of the marathon and I'm practicing running when I just don't want to. When the real mile 22 hits during the marathon, I then tell myself that I can do this because I've already done it many times before.
I needed exactly this right now, as I sit here procrastinating before my 4 mile run. Thank you lol. Time to get on the treadmill… 😴

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter