Marathon Weekend 2023

I could be wrong, but I think those were just a gift for the perfect Dopeys.
Did they have the marathon weekend logo and design? The one I saw had the MW logo and the squiggly lines all over it. I saw someone post the Dopey one and it looked different. Idk. The woman I asked in the checkout line said the CM was restocking them by the MW shelves. So not in the shirt pick up area the perfect dopey table was.

I also read online the MW hats never were put out because the date was wrong on them. Could be a rumor but I haven’t seen anyone with one.

Question from a first-timer: what time do the roads into Epcot typically start getting backed up before the marathon? I know you have to get there before 4 to avoid road closures, but I would like to arrive before there's too much congestion too.

So, after over an hour of not being able to fall asleep, I'm doing something totally ill-advised: going to extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom. They end at 1 am.

I'm in my 5k costume and brought my bib with me so I can go directly to the race if I need to. After all, what good would hose extra 3 hours of sleep have done me anyway?

Did they have the marathon weekend logo and design? The one I saw had the MW logo and the squiggly lines all over it. I saw someone post the Dopey one and it looked different. Idk. The woman I asked in the checkout line said the CM was restocking them by the MW shelves. So not in the shirt pick up area the perfect dopey table was.

I also read online the MW hats never were put out because the date was wrong on them. Could be a rumor but I haven’t seen anyone with one.
The ones I noticed had the same design as the lithograph they gave everyone doing the marathon. It could be they sold them in merchandise too, by the time I got in at 2:30 they may have been long gone.

On a bus waiting to leave hs. After hours was worth every penny!!!!! Think I’m just gonna shower and go straight to the race.
I concur on after hours at HS being totally worth it. Every single ride was a walk-on and the park was not crowded at all. I rode RotR three times in a row because it had a 5-minute wait. Def recommend it if anyone is on the fence about it on a subsequent visit.

Is the meet up at the light across from the uhaul or the changing light across from the baby care center?

Trying to decide if Dopey is still in the cards for me. Left MK feeling sick last night and woke up violently shaking at 11pm, but now feel better after some sleep. But not 100%.
Might opt to just go for goofy instead and let body heal. Unsure.
Hope you feel better and everything works out!

And sorry for missing morning meeting for 5k. Slept a little too late and had to rush to corral. Will try tomorrow. Good luck to all!

Either too many groups are using the same landmark for meetups, or I just suck at finding people this early in the morning, but I've been wandering by the light changing sign for several minutes without finding anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter