Marathon Weekend 2025

I can't do rides that go in circles (like the kiddie rides at local amusement parks - hot air balloons, swings, etc.), but the bigger rides don't usually get me.

I also can't read in the car, but that has nothing to do with rides. 😂

I did Forbidden Journey like five times in a row when I went to Universal a few years ago - it was right after a hurricane and there was basically no one in the park. It was great! No issues there!

GotG gave me a slight, slight headache for five minutes but otherwise no problem. I'll suffer through that for the absolute brilliance that is the ride!

Astro Orbiter made me sicker than anything I've ever been on! Never. Again.

(well, that and the terrifying Simpsons ride at UO)
Another one for that Simpsons ride. I can get on all sorts of rides that spin, go upside down, corkscrew, etc. But that Simpsons ride gets me everytime I go on it. I start to get that feeling down in my stomach, start sweating, and looking for something to just concentrate my eyes on. Decided that the last time I rode it, was the last time.

Last edited:
Motion sickness is so weird - look at us all with our weirdly assorted problematic rides! Astro Orbitor is a big, fat NOPE for me, too. I’ve tried Forbidden Journey with my eyes closed… no help at all: it’s definitely the motion that’s an issue. Simpsons, though? Perfectly fine. Ditto for all simulators - Transformers, Spidey, Star Tours, etc. - love ‘em! My son can’t handle anything that drops, like TOT, while that’s my most favorite ride sensation of all. But he can ride FJ repeatedly without issue.

Motion sickness is so weird - look at us all with our weirdly assorted problematic rides! Astro Orbitor is a big, fat NOPE for me, too. I’ve tried Forbidden Journey with my eyes closed… no help at all: it’s definitely the motion that’s an issue. Simpsons, though? Perfectly fine. Ditto for all simulators - Transformers, Spidey, Star Tours, etc. - love ‘em! My son can’t handle anything that drops, like TOT, while that’s my most favorite ride sensation of all. But he can ride FJ repeatedly without issue.
I don't like drops either. I rode Rise for the first time at Princess this year, and as soon as the vehicle went into the chamber and clicked in, I think I even said it out loud "oh s***!"

I don't like drops either. I rode Rise for the first time at Princess this year, and as soon as the vehicle went into the chamber and clicked in, I think I even said it out loud "oh s***!"
Oh my gosh, me too! Luckily, it's not to bad.

It's sad, I actually don't mind ToT or DL Guardians, I think they're a lot of fun, but physically, they just do a number on me. I wish I had the picture from DL Guardians because I look so much like I'm going to cry, but was trying so hard to look like I was having fun because I knew they were taking the picture. In the back of my head, all I could think was ,'Oh God. The big drop is coming.'

I don't get sick but I HATE the feeling of freefall. That said, I'll ride anything once, and have done all the versions of ToT around the world, and pretty much had a panic attack while doing them. I feel bad for anyone in the car with me!

Honestly one of my favorite parts of the ride now. Been on it enough that sometimes now I want to see how others react to the surprises.

I don't get sick but I HATE the feeling of freefall. That said, I'll ride anything once, and have done all the versions of ToT around the world, and pretty much had a panic attack while doing them. I feel bad for anyone in the car with me!
And I'm the opposite - those are my favourites - my PR for ToT is 8 times in a row (back in the days when there were actually quiet times in the parks)

Back when Primeval Whirl was still around, and the park was dead, the sweetest Cast Member let us ride 10 times in a row without getting off. Not sure how we did not hurl, especially since I can only do Everest a max twice in a row now as an adult.
10 times!! - I would have passed out!

I do like the rare times when CMs let you ride again - we got to ride Splash 3 times in a row without getting off during the After Hours party the day after the 2023 Marathon.

I’m curious that no one has mentioned Mission Space. It’s a centrifuge that spins your body in one direction while you watch a video showing you move in another direction. Most motion sickness is caused by the movement of the body, balance of the inner ear, and signals from the eye all sending conflicting signals to the brain. That’s why reading in a car (your body senses it’s moving while your eyes perceive a static page) can make people feel sick. The 2011 Wine and Dine afterparty was especially fun because it happened right after the half and you got a free beer. Nothing like alcohol + 13.1 miles + centrifuges to have a horrific scene at Mission Space.

I hate drops. I hate the sensation of the falling part. And the drop in Rise was a complete surprise to me. But I loved it. Never done ToT and never will. Was going to do Splash the last trip there but it went down during our call back so we missed that. I was relieved. I can do spinning all day though. Whereas my DH can’t do spinning but loves drops.

I’m curious that no one has mentioned Mission Space. It’s a centrifuge that spins your body in one direction while you watch a video showing you move in another direction. Most motion sickness is caused by the movement of the body, balance of the inner ear, and signals from the eye all sending conflicting signals to the brain. That’s why reading in a car (your body senses it’s moving while your eyes perceive a static page) can make people feel sick. The 2011 Wine and Dine afterparty was especially fun because it happened right after the half and you got a free beer. Nothing like alcohol + 13.1 miles + centrifuges to have a horrific scene at Mission Space.
My first time solo at Disney World in 2017, I did Mission Space Green and Orange back-to-back. I should try them again and see if my body will still tolerate it 🤔🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter