Marathon Weekend 2025

This feels like it's solving one problem and creating another though. If people can't get DMs because they haven't posted enough then they need to get that fixed on their own, and ideally do that before registration starts. Saying that as someone who got burned by a public link before.
I think they're solving a big problem for a lot of people, and creating a small problem for a few people. (Which doesn't mean it isn't a problem, and I'm sorry that you've been burned!)

The DM rule is site-wide, presumably to prevent bots from coming in and spamming users. It isn't a rule designed for RunDisney users, and in the grand scheme of the DisBoards, I don't think this use case is something they're optimizing for.

I'm in for Marathon and 10K!! Resisted the temptation to upgrade to a challenge!
This was my first MW experience and imho it was just right. It was my first full marathon and I was nervous about it, so this allowed me to participate in full for most of the weekend without the added stress of extra wakeups an time on my feet. Plus, spectating the other races is FUN!

Thank you all who posted your links I was able to register myself and my sister for our first 10k!

Also I just check again and seems all race except Goofy are still open. And I clicked on register for 10K again and there was no wait just took me directly to the signup page!
if you have already registered, aka gotten through the Queue, if you use the same browser, it'll take you directly through if you click in again. The wait is still there for anyone who hasn't gotten through. This is how people are able to register/pay for events individually when needed.

I think the longer sell out times likely has to do with them limiting the number of people able to register at the same time. The Halloween DL weekend took 50 minutes for the first race to sell out, and Wine and Dine took 113min.
I also haven't heard of anyone saying they were mid registration when a race sold out since then, and significantly more people starting out with over an hour waits.

Also I just check again and seems all race except Goofy are still open. And I clicked on register for 10K again and there was no wait just took me directly to the signup page!
I think there's no wait for you because your browser remembers your queue ID. If you were coming in as a new user, you'd still hit a long queue.

if you have already registered, aka gotten through the Queue, if you use the same browser, it'll take you directly through if you click in again. The wait is still there for anyone who hasn't gotten through. This is how people are able to register/pay for events individually when needed.
Ohhhh I see sorry for the misinformation then! Thanks for letting me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter