Marathon Weekend 2025

So now that I registered through my charity link, when I go to sign my waiver it's giving me an error saying that the signature name must match the registrant's name (which they do, even trying with middle initial) Has anyone gotten that error before? Not real worrried about it as I know I can just wait and sign the waiver at the expo if needed.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems to work now so must have been user error.

I know you figured it out, but the same thing happened to me. If I remember correctly, I had to leave out the period after my middle initial. So if anyone else is having an issue, try that.

I have not received my charity link yet, but I know they are coming. So exciting! I am at my sister's in MA watching my nephew and niece while my sister is in London. I went out for a run after the kids were at their respective schools and I had a great pace! The sun was shining, it was in the 40s, and the birds were chirping. I love when those runs just feel great! That being said, being a woman runner just sucks sometimes. I just run on a main road out and back from her house because it has a really nice sidewalk. Yesterday, no one was around me cars or people and someone honked at me. I was on the sidewalk so it wasn't like I was in the road and it just scared me and makes me so self conscience.

Thinking about BLT, maybe a crescent lake but not again maybe Rivera, WL, FW or maybe AKL.
I've stayed at BLT the last couple of marathon weekends and DH usually has to head home Sunday to get back to work. He's left during the marathon before, and if you are driving yourself, you can exit through the parking lot out the north end of property and go around to I-4 or 417 to get to the airport. But if you're relying on ride share or taxi to get to you to get you out, you might be stuck until roads are cleared in that area (iirc 9:30-10am).

That being said, being a woman runner just sucks sometimes. I just run on a main road out and back from her house because it has a really nice sidewalk. Yesterday, no one was around me cars or people and someone honked at me.
I hate that! Try to focus on the great run you had before that moment and not the jerk who tried to ruin it.

Yesterday, no one was around me cars or people and someone honked at me. I was on the sidewalk so it wasn't like I was in the road and it just scared me and makes me so self conscience.

I’m always curious the mentality behind honking at a woman. Has that ever worked? Is there a couple out there when asked how they met, they say, “I was running down the road and he honked at me.” Sorry that happened to you. I think most men don’t appreciate that on top of all the normal things that a person has to worry about when running, “don’t get murdered” gets added to the list if you’re a woman runner.

I’m always curious the mentality behind honking at a woman. Has that ever worked? Is there a couple out there when asked how they met, they say, “I was running down the road and he honked at me.” Sorry that happened to you. I think most men don’t appreciate that on top of all the normal things that a person has to worry about when running, “don’t get murdered” gets added to the list if you’re a woman runner.
This is the reason I refuse to run in the dark, even though my neighborhood is pretty safe, you have no idea what could happen and the horror stories stick with you. I'd rather suffer through the Florida sun or the treadmill for my long runs.

I know right?! Has someone ever stopped and been like, "I have to see who is honking at me, they could be THE ONE." We live on a main road and have a decent size yard that having a riding lawn mower is handy. When I mow, honks happen. I do look because sometimes it is someone I know, but mostly it isn't and it's just creepy!

You are right about the murdered part, this is why I also do not like to run in the dark by myself unless I am in a very well traveled area with lots of cars/people around. I have done a few Ragnars and our group (a moms group) always had 2 teams so we had partners to run with in the overnight legs.

I have come to really appreciate my treadmill for the main reason that I feel safe. One time I was at a conference and had to run 16 miles for my training. I contemplated finding a running route, but it would have been dark and a strange place so I just hopped on that hotel tread and pushed through.

Women runners and safety…

I HATE that my choices are:

1. Run in daylight, when there’s a HUGE chance of being hit by a car because even in the middle of a crosswalk with the right of way across 8 lanes of traffic, at least twice a week some idiot left turner tries to run me over in their rush to get wherever they’re going.

2. Run in the dark, which feel less safe on streets so I started running the golf course instead, until my headlamp caught the eyes of multiple gators lounging about and then that felt pretty unsafe, too.

3. Run on the treadmill, which hurts my knees and hips terribly and doesn’t provide the time to be in nature I need.

4. Don’t run.

Mostly I opt for 1 until the heat is too much, and then I opt for 2. The upside of a busy street full of cars doing 50MPH is a low likelihood of anyone pulling over in an attempt to molest me. All of the time, I just hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Last edited:
Just saw this on a blog and it's right inline with what we were talking about RE airlines.
*I hope I am able to post this link 😬
Is this effective immediately? Will be interested to see how this plays out. Also, I imagine that most of the customer service employees will not be informed of the new law and when someone tries to ask questions about the refund they will be told they don't get one or have no idea what they are talking about. It almost sounds like the best way will be to just wait for the mandatory refund communication to come from the airline.

Is this effective immediately? Will be interested to see how this plays out. Also, I imagine that most of the customer service employees will not be informed of the new law and when someone tries to ask questions about the refund they will be told they don't get one or have no idea what they are talking about. It almost sounds like the best way will be to just wait for the mandatory refund communication to come from the airline.
Pretty sure I heard yesterday that it will take effect August-ish, to give airlines time to build this all into their systems.

This is a good place to watch for updates or go to directly when you have an issue and the airline isn't cooperative: https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer

Pretty sure I heard yesterday that it will take effect August-ish, to give airlines time to build this all into their systems.

This is a good place to watch for updates or go to directly when you have an issue and the airline isn't cooperative: https://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer
If US Airlines react anywhere close to the way Canadian airlines have since we implemented a similar law, almost all refund/ compensation requests will go into an endless queue. Since most airline compensation laws include exceptions for maintenance/ safety/ weather, every flight delay or cancellation ends us being coded with one of those reasons.

Found my email. Officially registered and ready to go!
Got my registration link email this morning too! I am relieved to be registered after coming up empty on registration day, and then signing up with a charity (Ronald Mcdonald house) only to be told a few days later that they actually didn't have a bib for me after all, to scrambling for another charity bib. Pfew!
Also had the error message on the waiver but not going to worry about that right now!!

Got my registration link email this morning too! I am relieved to be registered after coming up empty on registration day, and then signing up with a charity (Ronald Mcdonald house) only to be told a few days later that they actually didn't have a bib for me after all, to scrambling for another charity bib. Pfew!
Also had the error message on the waiver but not going to worry about that right now!!
I actually had this happen to me with a different charity for 2023. I signed up for Dopey after I missed out on registration day and raised close to $1000 before they called me to say they didn't actually have a bib for me. I had my own Goofy bib so I just ran Goofy and continued to raise money for the charity because why not. But, it still kind of sucked. Glad you found something!

Question about merch for those of you who have done the marathon before: do the weekend jackets usually sell out quickly? I thought I remembered seeing them when I picked up my 10k bib on Thursday this year, but might be mistaking it with something else. I'd rather wait to buy it because at close to $100 the AP discount is substantial, and I want to be sure I get the right size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter