March 2012 Rental Car?

That sounds good! I've criticized using Hotwire enough on this thread, but this is proper use of it. Using a prepay this close to your date is good...more than a couple weeks out you're likely to see better rates than Hotwire by waiting.

I really wasn't going to rent a car this time but I've never gone to WDW without a car and was a little nervous about depending upon bus system to get around. I just happened to check it this morning and couldn't pass it up!

:cheer2: I was able to do better with Budget using D454300 and BJS coupon code.

Before the coupon total is $ 174.96 for a compact.

Cancelled the premium with dollar and probably will stick with this, unless Alamo comes up with a great last minute rate... Would love to pay $68 again for a 5 day rental ;)

A couple of weeks ago, there were daily (and sometimes twice daily) declines for my car rental (for the 17th-21st). I know my Alamo rental, using the same coupons and codes, went down over $100 in about 3 weeks. Then, the prices suddenly started rising until they finally settled about a week ago...then remained relatively steady (about $40 above what I booked for). Today is the first I've seen Alamo rates drop since, and now I'm about $10 below what I booked two weeks ago. And, while I didn't book it, I sense Dollar's rates have come down a bit today.

So, I think the agencies are getting a better idea of how things are going to look for mid-March, and some rates are starting to fall. Because its spring break, I don't think we'll see anything really good, but I would encourage all of you to check things out again...and always keep looking.

A couple of weeks ago, there were daily (and sometimes twice daily) declines for my car rental (for the 17th-21st). I know my Alamo rental, using the same coupons and codes, went down over $100 in about 3 weeks. Then, the prices suddenly started rising until they finally settled about a week ago...then remained relatively steady (about $40 above what I booked for). Today is the first I've seen Alamo rates drop since, and now I'm about $10 below what I booked two weeks ago. And, while I didn't book it, I sense Dollar's rates have come down a bit today.

So, I think the agencies are getting a better idea of how things are going to look for mid-March, and some rates are starting to fall. Because its spring break, I don't think we'll see anything really good, but I would encourage all of you to check things out again...and always keep looking.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I just checked Alamo and saved myself $60!!! That covers last minute shoes, sunglasses and a few other things DD needed for the trip that I bought today. Can't believe I saved so much, so close to our departure date (just 4 days away). I checked just Friday night and the prices were UP over $60 and now they are down. SOOO excited to save some more. Could I hope that translates into smaller crowds?

I need to ask for help. i have a flight landing tomorrow morning 10:30 in tampa. i am looking to rent a compact for a week returning to tampa as well.. family emergency. my husband and I are looking. lowest i have right now is alamo at $425. i'll update if/when. tia

edit: $323 hertz

found thrifty: $290 - mousesaver corperate code 004m001010 promo code ooag

I need to ask for help. i have a flight landing tomorrow morning 10:30 in tampa. i am looking to rent a compact for a week returning to tampa as well.. family emergency. my husband and I are looking. lowest i have right now is alamo at $425. i'll update if/when. tia

edit: $323 hertz

found thrifty: $290 - mousesaver corperate code 004m001010 promo code ooag

Looks to me like your Thrifty is about as good as youre going to do at this late date. The only similar that I saw was Hotwire at $293. If you get a chance, take a look in the morning before you leave...also, maybe while you're waiting for your bags at TPA, it wouldnt hurt to walk up to a rental counter if theyre not too busy and see what they can do for you. You might get lucky...

thank you so much rich. i will do that in the morning at tpa. that's a good idea. thank you for helping. jade.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I just checked Alamo and saved myself $60!!! That covers last minute shoes, sunglasses and a few other things DD needed for the trip that I bought today. Can't believe I saved so much, so close to our departure date (just 4 days away). I checked just Friday night and the prices were UP over $60 and now they are down. SOOO excited to save some more. Could I hope that translates into smaller crowds?

Glad you knocked $60 off. That should be good for a cheeseburger in the park. Keep checking....and I hope you're right about smaller crowds, but I have a hunch you're wrong.

For my dates (March 17-21), DRASTIC Alamo price drop this morning (Mon.)...check your ressies!

Edited to add...Basically, I'm down to $73.22/$113.48 for a compact for those 5 days using Costco discounts and coupons. If you have the same or similar discounts, keep in mind that when the rates get this low, you're better off taking a $30/week coupon instead of the free day/week.

Edited again!...The rates dropped even more...now I'm down to $65.15/$104.03. This is the third time I've changed this reservation in the last 12 or so hours. I can't see it going much lower, but that won't stop me from looking. BTW, for those of you that don't like Alamo, the Dollar city specials have also come down a lot...not as low as Alamo, but a lot better than they were.

Folks, I apologize if I'm boring you, but I've never seen what's going on with the Alamo site today.

I've rebooked now for the fourth time in the past 14 hours and I now have a base rate of only $42.79 for five days (that's less than $10 a day!!)...total comes to 77.83. I was hoping the rate would come down a bit, but I find this absolutely stunning! I hope the same is happening (or will happen) for your dates....

Folks, I apologize if I'm boring you, but I've never seen what's going on with the Alamo site today.

I've rebooked now for the fourth time in the past 14 hours and I now have a base rate of only $42.79 for five days (that's less than $10 a day!!)...total comes to 77.83. I was hoping the rate would come down a bit, but I find this absolutely stunning! I hope the same is happening (or will happen) for your dates....

Congrats

What's ur dates? I'm still looking for 3/28-4/2

Thanks!

For my dates (March 17-21), DRASTIC Alamo price drop this morning (Mon.)...check your ressies!

Edited to add...Basically, I'm down to $73.22/$113.48 for a compact for those 5 days using Costco discounts and coupons. If you have the same or similar discounts, keep in mind that when the rates get this low, you're better off taking a $30/week coupon instead of the free day/week.

Edited again!...The rates dropped even more...now I'm down to $65.15/$104.03. This is the third time I've changed this reservation in the last 12 or so hours. I can't see it going much lower, but that won't stop me from looking. BTW, for those of you that don't like Alamo, the Dollar city specials have also come down a lot...not as low as Alamo, but a lot better than they were.

Thanks Richmo!!!! I am trying to make a reservation for my friend, he is coming in on the 14th-19th. I used his free day birthday coupon plus insiders and dropped the reservation by about 65.00. I will keep on checking!!!! These prices are better than my employee discount.

Congrats

What's ur dates? I'm still looking for 3/28-4/2

Thanks!
17th thru 21st. Your drops might be a week or two away...but you're also getting into pre-Easter week, so you might not get the deep discounts... but maybe you will :)

Wow, that window closed with a thud...removing my hand now. The same quote I received this morning for $77.83 for 5 days is now $226.27. Glad I saw it when it was there...

Wow, that window closed with a thud...removing my hand now. The same quote I received this morning for $77.83 for 5 days is now $226.27. Glad I saw it when it was there...

I'll say it closed with a thud and broke the glass too. Just for fun this a.m. I went and checked my friend's dates for a full size from the 14-19 and it is over 500.00. Thanks to you, I managed to book it yesterday at 175.29 total and saved 65.00.

I think we are both lucky in that it is spring break here. Last night both garages were almost empty (for all three brands) with just a small trickle of cars coming in. Walk ups are closed, except for 15 passenger vans. Crazy times here. Cannot wait to see what today brings.

I'll say it closed with a thud and broke the glass too. Just for fun this a.m. I went and checked my friend's dates for a full size from the 14-19 and it is over 500.00. Thanks to you, I managed to book it yesterday at 175.29 total and saved 65.00.

I think we are both lucky in that it is spring break here. Last night both garages were almost empty (for all three brands) with just a small trickle of cars coming in. Walk ups are closed, except for 15 passenger vans. Crazy times here. Cannot wait to see what today brings.

What codes are everyone using?????

What codes are you using for this reservation???? Thanks!

Wow, I checked yestedray am for my brothers trip this weekend 17-20, and they were still high; checked again today and higher! I guess I missed that window, I am so annoyed now. We have a ressie for the 4 days from awhile back for 140 inclusive but wanted to get it :headache: down; guess i missed the boat...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter