• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***March 2020***

The week I’m going was always 8:30pm closing so there was no extension. I believe it was only early March that changed. But I’m also waiting for them to change the morning hours.

Ah, okay - I thought our week had been 8pm, but you are likely right, thanks!

How’s does that work? If the park closes at 8:30, but the show is at 9pm?
The nighttime show is frequently after park closing-you usually have to enter before park closing. It keeps people from getting into queues after the show to ride a ride, plus they have to decide between shorter wait times for a ride near park closing and nighttime shows.

Got our fastpasses the other day, so I think our plans are pretty much complete!

March 28th - Flight arrives early afternoon - MK - 7DMT, Peter Pan's Flight and Big Thunder
March 29th - Epcot - Test Track, Spaceship Earth and LwtL, Teppon Edo for lunch
March 30th - DHS - Try for a RotR BG, TSM, Star Tours and SDD, Oga's Cantina in the evening
March 31st - AK - Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari and Flight of Passage, Pizzafari Family-Style buffet for supper (never tried it, sounds interesting
April 1st - DHS - Trying again for a RotR BG, TSM, Star Tours and MFSR, Beaches and Cream lunch
April 2nd - MK - 7DMT, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, LTT for lunch
April 3rd - AK - Flight of Passage, Kilimanjaro Safari and FotLK, no meal plans in particular this day
April 4th - Epcot - Frozen, Spaceship Earth and LwtL, again no meal plans, snacking around the world!
April 5th - departure day, but our flight leaves in the afternoon, so heading to DHS one more time - SDD and TSM

We're going to rope drop every day. The days we have SDD, we'll probably head straight to either MFSR or Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Going to try to squeeze in a few trips to Disney Springs as well. Not sure how I feel about Epcot Forever, I'm trying to go with the attitude that I need to let go of Illuminations, but there's some resentment still! :rotfl:

We weren't even going to be going to WDW this year, as we're about to go for our pre-approval for a mortgage on our first house, but I found that our budget allowed for one more trip using our Annual Passes. Originally the plan was for us to drive down on Spring Break, leaving on Friday, March 27th right after my wife got off work at 4pm. I booked that day off from work as well. Then we would drive as far as I could that night, drive about 16 hours on Saturday and the rest on Sunday. It's a 2070 mile drive from Winnipeg and we've done it quite a few times before, takes about 32 hours each way. Then we'd go to the parks from Monday to Thursday, then drive Friday, Saturday and Sunday back! 6 days of driving for 4 days at WDW! It's still quite a bit cheaper normally than flying down from Winnipeg, but it sure takes a chunk out of your vacation! But then I found a fairly decent deal to fly out of Fargo. We usually fly out of Fargo anyway, but I hadn't found anything worthwhile until recently. Using the passholder discount on the room at Pop Century made it fairly tolerable, seeing as we'd be staying at hotels on the way down to Florida anyway.

Although the amount of Baby Yoda stuff my wife is planning on buying will probably equal the amount we spent on the entire trip..... :scared:

Can't wait!

I think I posted awhile back but we were 3/29-4/2 at POFQ but we added a night 3/28, so we can really enjoy the resort. My Dh and I have stayed there twice for adult only trips but this will be the first time my boys will be with us at this particular resort. They will definitely want some pool time so we will drive down from Atlanta early Sat (we try to leave by 5-6am) and will probably arrive 1-2pm with stops. We'll spend the afternoon at the pool and then head to POR for an ADR at Boatwright's and maybe some time at River Roost.

Sunday 3/29 we have EMM at MK along with a CP dinner. Monday 3/30 will be our DHS day with a dinner at Yachtsman (my fave). Tuesday 3/31 will be MK AM, Chef Mickey's brunch, and AK evening with a Yak & Yeti dinner. Wednesday 4/1 is Epcot with a Via Napoli lunch and DS evening with a Boathouse dinner. Thursday 4/2 we have a late breakfast at Toppolino's Terrace, then home.

Our last trip was over MLK weekend and was short and not the greatest we have had (not Disney's fault) so I am looking forward to getting back to erase any bad memories we have lingering.

I think I posted awhile back but we were 3/29-4/2 at POFQ but we added a night 3/28, so we can really enjoy the resort. My Dh and I have stayed there twice for adult only trips but this will be the first time my boys will be with us at this particular resort. They will definitely want some pool time so we will drive down from Atlanta early Sat (we try to leave by 5-6am) and will probably arrive 1-2pm with stops. We'll spend the afternoon at the pool and then head to POR for an ADR at Boatwright's and maybe some time at River Roost.

Sunday 3/29 we have EMM at MK along with a CP dinner. Monday 3/30 will be our DHS day with a dinner at Yachtsman (my fave). Tuesday 3/31 will be MK AM, Chef Mickey's brunch, and AK evening with a Yak & Yeti dinner. Wednesday 4/1 is Epcot with a Via Napoli lunch and DS evening with a Boathouse dinner. Thursday 4/2 we have a late breakfast at Toppolino's Terrace, then home.

Our last trip was over MLK weekend and was short and not the greatest we have had (not Disney's fault) so I am looking forward to getting back to erase any bad memories we have lingering.
Well it sounds like you have a great trip planned to erase those memories!

FP day! Got everything we wanted but that first 30 minutes was crazy. I lost track of how many times I got the Olaf error. HS was the most annoying to book but it was expected. Will be watching for park hours to change to move some things around so we can finalize plans. Good luck to other March goers!!
Hi! Might you be able to share how you're watching for HS park hours to change? Are you following a particular thread? Thank you!!

Hi! Might you be able to share how you're watching for HS park hours to change? Are you following a particular thread? Thank you!!
Hi! I follow this thread because someone will usually post new info when they see it. I check the Disney website, but not as often as I should lol

I’ve also got my eye on this thread to see if they add March:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...y-park-hours-update-watch-discussion.3772037/
And I also use Touring Plans to “track days”. They send an email when park hours change. They send emails for other things but I’m only focused on the change of park hours so I can update our plans.

Last edited:

Hi! I follow this thread because someone will usually post new info when they see it. I check the Disney website, but not as often as I should lol

I’ve also got my eye on this thread to see if they add March:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...y-park-hours-update-watch-discussion.3772037/
And I also use Touring Plans to “track days”. They send an email when park hours change. They send emails for other things but I’m only focused on the change of park hours so I can update our plans.
Very helpful, thanks so much!

I got an email from Touring Plans last night with updated park hours for my trip. At HS, closing time changed to 8:30 every day from 3/19-3/22, but opening time stayed at 9:00. I’m ok with that because we don’t have to get up super early to hit rope drop! They also increased their crowd estimates every day, but we expected that.

My days were already 10s, so hopefully they didn't increase any more! 🤣

Edited because actually even my Crowd Level 9 days went to 10. This may be my first and last March trip.

Me, too! When we booked, most of our days were 5/10...now they are all up to 10/10! Not sure what changed, but it's super frustrating!

March 14-22! I'm taking a friend who has only been once with her grandparents and said "I pretty much rode the Teacups and that's it." 🤣 So it's sort of like her first time!
Sat- fly in, stay at airport hotel
Sun- DME to drop off bags at resort, MK
Mon- Epcot & DS
Tues-Epcot
Wed- HS (most stressed about this day, but trying to let it go!)
Thurs- Universal
Fri- AK
Sat- MK
Sun- Home!

I pretty much got the FPs and ADRs I wanted. I really want to get to do ROR, but the hubs and I plan on going back next October for the 50th Anniversay, so I'm trying not to worry about it too much.

We’re going to HS on 2 different days on our trip. We have MFSR one day and SDD the other day. I’m afraid to give up either FastPass. So I guess we’ll be doing MMRR through the standby line. I hope I’m making the right decision. 🤔. I figure it’ll be interesting to see what standby queue looks like. Thanks for the heads up though!

We’re going to HS on 2 different days on our trip. We have MFSR one day and SDD the other day. I’m afraid to give up either FastPass. So I guess we’ll be doing MMRR through the standby line. I hope I’m making the right decision. 🤔. I figure it’ll be interesting to see what standby queue looks like. Thanks for the heads up though!

I'm in the same situation - I dropped the MFSR FP for a MMRR, for two reasons - I'm going the first weekend it's open so not sure how crazy standby is, and the MFSR queue looks interesting to check out anyway. I don't think either way is a bad decision though.

MMRR released FP-GO!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU! I just switched out our first day at HS MFSR FP for MMRR - I heard the queue for MFSR is pretty awesome anyway and it has single rider option.

I also think the standby lines for MMRR will be waaaaay longer than MFSR for a while.

Pumped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter