March Trip Reports

Just checked in and I don’t know how we managed it - call it beginners luck - but we were assigned Cabin 120 in the 100 loop! It’s wonderful being so close to everything in the Settlement. Our first stay at the Fort is off to an amazing start.

Did our looping tonight in your loop too. Are those green lights on those cabins? Each cabin we stayed in didn't have that color. Great location!

Movies for March. Note the time has changed to the "summer" schedule with an 8pm start for Chip & Dale's Singalong and the movie at 840pm. No special events listed this month on page 2. ED

Capture.PNG

Since we don't have Epcot on the agenda for our upcoming trip, decided to head over yesterday to check out the Flower & Garden Festival. Each year it turns more into a Food & Garden Festival. I miss the old F&G Festival that had more garden vendors and displays. But it is what it is, so we enjoyed the food and topiaries (most were the same as years past). The food was ok, prefer the choices at F&W, nothing outstanding in the savory category, but there were a few very tasty sweet treats. The construction was not too bad and they had lots of directional signs to show you how to get around it.
IMG_20200308_121949680.jpgIMG_20200308_124531100.jpgIMG_20200308_133729894.jpgIMG_20200308_141824914.jpgIMG_20200308_123745354.jpgIMG_20200308_131035073_HDR.jpgIMG_20200308_123839334_HDR.jpgIMG_20200308_141824914.jpgIMG_20200308_122333993.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Terri.

I'll be there in 5 weeks for a short trip. I was going to take the Skyliner to EPCOT to see the new (interim) night time show. (We are staying at POP this trip). I wasn't sure how much time to plan for EPCOT. If it is mostly FOOD and Garden, I may just come over closer to EPCOT Forever.

j

I miss this! I told my husband "the Flower and Garden started today"
His reply: "That means we should be in Disney" :D

Our next trip will be my first ever during a different time of year, I am excited but also will miss the topiaries.

Sorry this recap is a bit late - we got back home the 6th, spent the next few days unpacking, doing laundry, dealing with the time change, and since then have been aggressively washing hands!!! And then I saw the news today that the World is shutting down through the end of March and thought no time like the present to relive our vacation.
Staying at the Ft was great - perfect for our 3 year old. She loved the play grounds, the pool, and getting to ride a real pony! Staying in the 100 loop was ideal for a toddler. The playground, settlement, and boat to MK were a 3 min walk or golf cart ride away. We could actually see the MK fireworks at night too albeit with a few trees in the way. The view from the marina was even better and it was great to wheel the kids down in their jammies, watch the show, and then head right into bed without having to face the crush if people leaving MK after.
Cruising around in a golf cart was ok - but my anxiety went through the roof every bump and turn as I always had our 3 month old strapped to me in the baby carrier. Also our 3 year old kept accidentally kicking it into neutral so that kept us on our toes.
We could certainly hear the music that played from the Settlement - and that was a mixed blessing. At first I thought how fun, but then I was worried it would keep the kids from sleeping becuase I forgot the sound machine at home. And then by day 5 I thought it would be nice to hear something other than a fiddle while trying to drift off to sleep. And then it sort of turned into a tinnitus type situation for me where I heard it playing while trying to drift off to sleep at home 😂. Im sorry I totally forgot to take pictures of the cabin itself - but the views posted on YouTube etc are pretty on point. All in all a great trip and we will certainly be back to the Ft in the future.

Hooray our Florida vacation starts today 😊 we’re driving from Milwaukee scheduled to arrive on Sunday. Keeping our fingers crossed that WDW keeps the campground open. This will be a memorable trip and maybe the last time we get to camp as a family. It’s so hard to find time when kids start college. We’re picking up our dd from Purdue on the way down. Schools are all closed for the next two weeks so they will work through computers. Hopefully it will be an uneventful trip down. So glad the weather is beautiful in Florida. Can’t wait 😊

We arrived, set up, and are now beginning the “covidisney” marathon. Going to three parks in one 9 hour period. 😊 the Fort is very busy but the bus is empty. So happy to be in the warm air ❤️ I’ve been told after tonight/ no Electric Water Pageant, no fireworks. All restaurants are open for now 😊

Hollywood Studios was super crowded but DD’s rode single riders, took pictures with characters, and built droids. CMs were cheerful but also sad and ready to tell their stories. Many were exchanging phone numbers, etc. Lots of hugs. It is sad what’s happened but they’re all taking it in stride. Now Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter