Mardi Gras Crowds question

PolyAddict

DIS Veteran
For those of you familiar with New Orleanians escaping Mardi Gras.

How are the crowds during that time of year?

May try it out this year and wanted to get a feel for it.

Thanks

Michele

My niece and I went several years ago (5 ish). There were more folks there than I had anticipated. It wasn't real crowded but wasn't a "walk on" either. Spoke with a fellow from NO and they were a group of 20! Some families like to go then since the kids usually have a few days off from school. We left NO on the day after Mardi Gras - that was wild!. But from the memories I have, we had a good time!!

It's been a while, but while in the service I did Marti Gras in '85 and '86.
We were there for the whole 2 weeks. At first it was not bad (crowd wise), but the closer we got to fat Tuesday the more crowded it got, and I mean CROWDED! You couldn't walk down Burbon street, you just were pushed with the wave of the crowd. I would't have messed it for the world though. Lots of wild fun. Although I don't think I could do it again. It was great for a drunken sailor, but those days are long gone.

As they say "Have Fun"

p.s. and don't forget to have a Hurricane at Pat O'Briens

From what I understand, as long as mardi Gras does not fall on President's day weekend or Nascars Daytona weekend the crowds are very managable. Their was a tread on this board a while back about this and most of the feedback was pretty good. We are planning to go Mardi Gras 2006.

From what I've learned, even with an increase in crowds from Mardi Gras, the crowds at that time will still be low. :)

I posted this same thread not long ago:
Mardi Gras at WDW

liznboys
I found your thread right after i posted.

Thanks for all the info everyone

It sounds like it's not too bad of a time to go.

Might give it a try

I can't stand Mardi Gras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter