• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marijuana at Disneyland College Program

MrPenguin

Earning My Ears
Don't shoot me for asking this, I really want to know the answer to my question.

Is marijuana considered an illegal drug at the Disneyland College Program, even though medical marijuana is legal in California? Do you need to get some sort of special permission in order to smoke during your program? If they catch you and you show them you're card, you're not really doing anything illegal, right...?

I think it would depend where and when you do it and who you do it around.

Although im not from the US and its not legal here so im not sure.

I'm pretty sure the answer it no, you would be kicked out of the program. I am from WA where it is legal for recreational use, however our companies policy regarding the use of recreational drugs is still in place. If you do it, you will loose your job. Just because you as a person can partake in recreational drug use, or even medical use, doesn't mean you get to override a companies policy. As the company sees it, you don't have to work there and if you want to use recreational/medical marijuana then you can do it while working somewhere else. :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure the answer it no, you would be kicked out of the program. I am from WA where it is legal for recreational use, however our companies policy regarding the use of recreational drugs is still in place. If you do it, you will loose your job. Just because you as a person can partake in recreational drug use, or even medical use, doesn't mean you get to override a companies policy. As the company sees it, you don't have to work there and if you want to use recreational/medical marijuana then you can do it while working somewhere else. :goodvibes

Really? Wow that sucks. That's so dumb, if you're still going to be penalized for smoking, it might as well still be illegal.

Thanks for the informative answer!

MrPenguin said:
Really? Wow that sucks. That's so dumb, if you're still going to be penalized for smoking, it might as well still be illegal.

Thanks for the informative answer!

Alcohol is legal but you aren't allowed to be drunk while at work. Pot is treated the same way. You can do it on your own time but if you are high during work then you'll get fired. Also Disney housing has their rules known upfrontm you can choose not to live in Disney housing.

Alcohol is legal but you aren't allowed to be drunk while at work. Pot is treated the same way. You can do it on your own time but if you are high during work then you'll get fired. Also Disney housing has their rules known upfrontm you can choose not to live in Disney housing.

Yeah, of course you can't be intoxicated during work hours. But this is like them firing you if you're 21 and they find out that sometimes you have a beer when you go back home.

MrPenguin said:
Yeah, of course you can't be intoxicated during work hours. But this is like them firing you if you're 21 and they find out that sometimes you have a beer when you go back home.

They will fire you if you are 21 with alcohol but live in wellness housings (housing that anyone under 21 lives in) or if you are found to be loud and very intoxicated on several occasions. Their apartments, their program, their rules. There are a lot of silly sules on the program and in the working world in general. You can't even own the fake guns they sell in frontierland or light sabers as they are considered weapons on the program. I did my program at WDW and Epcot gave all the cast members throwing stars from the Japan pavilion. Most of us kept them in our work lockers knowing they're against housing rules. One kid in my department took his to his CP apartment. They found it during inspection and he was on a plane home 12 hours later.

My brother works for a company that also does not include smoking. They give random blood tests and if nicotine, alcohol or anything else shows, you get a warning. Second time, fired.

As someone else said, if you don't like the rules of a company, don't work there.

My company has a rule you can not come to work under the influence of drugs illegal or not. This includes medical marijuana and I live in California. I know many companies who do drug random tests and medical marijuana will get you fired. People try to hide the pot smoking but when you smell like a skunk it is a dead give away. Remember it is still against Federal law.

I go to school in AZ, where it is also legal for medical use, but you aren't allowed to smoke it in dorms... I think that is a similar analogy :thumbsup2

If you end up in a role like transportation, lifeguard, or even attractions you will be drug tested. Disney housing is very strict and you probably shouldn't engage in any drug use. Disney will fire you if they find out.

You can get a lot of opinions on your question, but if you want to ensure you have an accurate answer as to how medical marijuana is handled by Disneyland Resort Cast Members and Disneyland CP Housing, you need to ask Disney. Otherwise, you are just going to keep getting opinions which may or may not be accurate.

dlr.college.recruiting@disney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter