Maritimes + New England best fares to Orlando (Post em)

Totally unexpected, but on a whim tonight checked Southwest...we booked. Ha! First time I've done that. But I know enough to know that four tickets RT for $1036 is pretty sweet. (March break, MHT-MCO)

So here we go again--guess we'll get to see Diagon Alley after all!

Totally unexpected, but on a whim tonight checked Southwest...we booked. Ha! First time I've done that. But I know enough to know that four tickets RT for $1036 is pretty sweet. (March break, MHT-MCO)

So here we go again--guess we'll get to see Diagon Alley after all!

YAY! That's a great price!

On the hunt for May 3rd to 10th for 4 travellers from BGR, MHT, PWM or YHZs... hoping for between 200-250$ each roundtrip ... .... seen a fare today from MHT to MCO on southwest airlines for 1006$ which is great , hows the drive anyway?...

contemplating allegiant from bgr to Sanford , anyone done that drive recently?

Freddydiser, we've flown from MHT a number of times. In Fton you're half way there compared to us. :-D It's about 10 hrs from Hali. May you wouldn't have to worry about weather. MHT airport is a great airport and there are good park-and-fly hotels in the area. (We will probably do Springhill Stes again, about $130 for a room big enough for all of us the night before, plus the breakfast and shuttle, and parking for the 10 days we're gone.)

I have done the research on BGR and PWM but have never found a deal as good as we can get from MHT on SWA. Keep in mind SW still gives you two free bags pp.

I say give it a go!

for those of you heading to Orlando in January and haven't booked flights yet (!) Sunwing has direct flights from Halifax to Orlando and return Sunday mornings. The Jan 18-25 return flight is $280 all taxes and fees included. At that price you may want to consider taking a week off and seeing what you can find for hotels. ;)

for those of you heading to Orlando in January and haven't booked flights yet (!) Sunwing has direct flights from Halifax to Orlando and return Sunday mornings. The Jan 18-25 return flight is $280 all taxes and fees included. At that price you may want to consider taking a week off and seeing what you can find for hotels. ;)

Tinkershelly ... that was an excellent find! I flipped this info to someone who book that! Thanks

Ted

I only wish I could!

Booked direct Sunwing flights from Moncton April 23-30 (Thurs-Thrus.) for just over $400 round trip. I've been following the prices to Orlando from the Maritimes (late april/early may) for the past couple of months, and this fight is the cheapest I've found during that time.

Just got back from a December trip...wish there were direct flights before Christmas. Has anyone ever seen any direct flights in the Fall/very early winter originating in the Maritimes?

Yahweh ... you bring tears to my eyes every time I watch that video. (Note to self: must learn to not view this around others!)

We jsut booked Feb 25 - March 10 out of Portland on southwest for the 4 of us into TPA $1100 everything in.

Yahweh ... you bring tears to my eyes every time I watch that video. (Note to self: must learn to not view this around others!)

:) Thanks for the kind words Ted. It was nice to be able to contribute to the library of Disney surprise videos, which I was always a big fan of :thumbsup2

Hi Ted,

Just noticed your question about flying out of ORH. We've been flying out of PVD (Providence,RI) lately on JB. Been getting great prices when they've opened their schedules. Too good to take a chance and wait for SWA to open their dates later. I've looked at ORH but read that there can be some flights redirected to Logan sometimes. Didn't like that possible issue. Not when PVD is only a few minutes past ORH on the highway.
Our flights have always been direct, we get all the extras of JB like picking seats and in flight entertainment systems. It's about and extra 1 hr further than MHT, but we've gotten prices too good to pass up and when SWA finally would open up, our rates were always better. Portland Me. And PVD SWA has sometimes been comparable, after the fact. But who has a crystal ball about these things?
Another bonus is the park and fly rates are better and really close. I could literally see my van parked in the lot when I was boarding the plane one time!
And you pass by at least three outlet malls on the way!:faint:

Hi Ted,

Just noticed your question about flying out of ORH. We've been flying out of PVD (Providence,RI) lately on JB. Been getting great prices when they've opened their schedules. Too good to take a chance and wait for SWA to open their dates later. I've looked at ORH but read that there can be some flights redirected to Logan sometimes. Didn't like that possible issue. Not when PVD is only a few minutes past ORH on the highway.
Our flights have always been direct, we get all the extras of JB like picking seats and in flight entertainment systems. It's about and extra 1 hr further than MHT, but we've gotten prices too good to pass up and when SWA finally would open up, our rates were always better. Portland Me. And PVD SWA has sometimes been comparable, after the fact. But who has a crystal ball about these things?
Another bonus is the park and fly rates are better and really close. I could literally see my van parked in the lot when I was boarding the plane one time!
And you pass by at least three outlet malls on the way!:faint:

I've done PVD, MHT, PWM and BOS. I've even taken a cab from MHT to BOS when my flight was delayed. I've seen some great fares out of ORH ... and I'm so tempted.

Has anyone ever done the drive from Nova Scotia to Orlando? We normally fly out of Portland, which I love. Great savings for a family of 5! My husband remembers driving as a child and having great memories. I'm not sold on the idea. Wondering how long the drive would be, and any great notable places of interest to stop. I don't think it would cost any less to drive the whole way as opposed to flying out of Portland, just a different experience. Trip is already booked with Disney for May. Anyone have anything to contribute?! Thanks in advance :)

Just got back from a December trip...wish there were direct flights before Christmas. Has anyone ever seen any direct flights in the Fall/very early winter originating in the Maritimes?

I am also very interested to know this, however I'm not crazy for the 7 day flights with sunwing. I really miss the United flights from Moncton-Newark-MCO. Looking for cheap flights for November.

Is there a particular day of the week that flights are changed, or is it random?

Has anyone ever done the drive from Nova Scotia to Orlando? We normally fly out of Portland, which I love. Great savings for a family of 5! My husband remembers driving as a child and having great memories. I'm not sold on the idea. Wondering how long the drive would be, and any great notable places of interest to stop. I don't think it would cost any less to drive the whole way as opposed to flying out of Portland, just a different experience. Trip is already booked with Disney for May. Anyone have anything to contribute?! Thanks in advance :)

I've done the drive from New Brunswick to Orlando twice as a kid and also have fond memories. When my kids are older, I definitely want to do this again.

We stopped a lot of places. Portland, Philadelphia, New York, Pigeon Forge, Atlanta, Tampa and lots of places in between that I don't remember. It was a wonderful experience. If you have kids though, you have to consider their temperment. You don't want to hear "Are we there yet" every 5 minutes for a 20 hour drive.

I've done the drive from New Brunswick to Orlando twice as a kid and also have fond memories. When my kids are older, I definitely want to do this again. We stopped a lot of places. Portland, Philadelphia, New York, Pigeon Forge, Atlanta, Tampa and lots of places in between that I don't remember. It was a wonderful experience. If you have kids though, you have to consider their temperment. You don't want to hear "Are we there yet" every 5 minutes for a 20 hour drive.
Thanks for your response! We are going to go for it! We might be crazy, but hoping for some great memories with our kids :)

I am also very interested to know this, however I'm not crazy for the 7 day flights with sunwing. I really miss the United flights from Moncton-Newark-MCO. Looking for cheap flights for November.

Is there a particular day of the week that flights are changed, or is it random?

We'll be looking for flights again at that time (oct/november). I'll keep you posted if I see anything come up. We bought an annual pass this year and I'm trying to get in three trips with it:thumbsup2

We'll be looking for flights again at that time (oct/november). I'll keep you posted if I see anything come up. We bought an annual pass this year and I'm trying to get in three trips with it:thumbsup2

We have travelled to Orlando almost every fall for the past 20 years and have never seen direct flights from Halifax at that time of year. They routinely run direct flights only between Christmas and Easter, maybe going into May. Direct flights are wonderful when you can get them, though. Last February we did the Sunday-Sunday with Sunwing and it worked out very well, except for the price of course :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter