Maritimes + New England best fares to Orlando (Post em)

I'm seeing a few Bangor to Sanford december options that work out to $129=0 taxes in, per person, but you need to add bag fees plus transportation to disney. If anyone was planning to rent a car, this might be an option.

My 4 could fly for US480, plus 4 bags each way (120), plus Mears to Disney (240 - covers 4 both ways) ...

The 240 would be better used if someone was already planning on a rental.

- - - - - - Just a thought - - - - - -
Ted's Budget thought .... for 4 (10 days)
Airfare and Bags $600 US (could reduce bags to 2 large bags and save $60)
Car rental $400US? (priceline)
Off site Hotel $1000 (Hotwire)
Disney passes $1000
Food $800 (yes optimistic?)
Park/fly 150
Gas 200?

Just over $4000 ....
- - - - - - - - end of Ted's Thought - - - - - - -

That's pretty good right there. Our trips have worked out to be about $1200 per person, including food, for a 7 day trip.

For us, your question about the $800 food budget is very doable, and we are a family of 5. Howerver, we are light eaters and can split some meals between 2.

AC661 Halifax, Halifax Int'l (YHZ)
Montreal, Trudeau (YUL)
Tue Dec-08 06:25 07:12

Montreal, Trudeau (YUL)
Orlando, Orlando Int'l (MCO)
Tue Dec-08 08:35 12:05

Orlando, Orlando Int'l (MCO)
Toronto, Pearson Int'l (YYZ)
Terminal 1
Tue Dec-15 13:55 16:41

Toronto, Pearson Int'l (YYZ)
Terminal 1
Halifax, Halifax Int'l (YHZ)
Tue Dec-15 19:00 22:00

$385 cdn ... taxes in ...

Ted

Ooh, I like this one!

I particularly like the later flight leaving Orlando. Might be able to take advantage of that last day and hit a last ride or 2 before leaving!

That's what I was thinking ... last time at Disney we woke up at 330am to go home .... not fun with a 6 and 8 year old

Hi Tina,

Just saying hello. I am also in PEI. I live in Canoe Cove for part of the year and Ontario for part. Your the first Dis'er from PEI that I seen on here so I wanted to say hello.

Marcy

Hi Marcy,

I've seen about two or three... there don't seem to be many PEI Dis'ers around! Nice to sort of meet you! :thumbsup2

Still seeing sub 500 cdn fares from YHZ to MCO thru Continental.

I.e. Feb 24 to March 2
2 Adults (age 18 to 64) 746.00 CAD
2 Child 746.00 CAD
Additional Taxes/Fees 416.56 CAD
Total Price 1,908.56 CAD

Usually mid-week to mid-week
March 16 to March 24
2 Adults (age 18 to 64) 778.00 CAD
2 Child 778.00 CAD
Additional Taxes/Fees 419.76 CAD
Total Price 1,975.76 CAD

Booked SWA out of Manchester,NH for
March 10 departure 6:10 pm arrival MCO 9:40 pm
March 19 departure 8:25 am arrival MHT 11:20 am

5 adults posted fares of $104 each way pp. TOTAL $1146.00 USD

With the generous cancellation options (1 yr. credit), no extra bag fees, small airport, direct flights we really like SWA. Would entertain Portland but don't like the rebooking options for Jet Blue as much as SWA. Don't like to stop in JFK, ever.

The plan is to try and get a DING fare for some extra savings (applied to another trip) or to get a later flight out on last day. 6pm flight was just too much more to book right away. Or book March 11th am flight and stay overnight in NH. Again, too much to book right away.

I'm happy with this as it stands though, we will drive directly to MHT from Halifax and pay for the parking at the airport ($10/day approx.). Likely drive straight home after landing on return trip, depending on the weather.

Gets us home for the weekend before school starts again.

That Southwest deal looks great ... and that's a time frame i'm looking for!

Here's an option I've also been looking at ...
YHZ to TPA (Tampa Bay) and then rent a car?

Example: Dec 2 to Dec 9
2 Adults (age 18 to 64) 506.00 CAD
2 Child 506.00 CAD
Additional Taxes/Fees 392.56 CAD
Total Price 1,404.56 CAD

The rates aren't available yet for March ...
Still not convinced that Renting a car is a good idea!

Transat, Feb 20-27
$480 per person

Depart Halifax 7:05am
Arrive Orlando 9:45am

Depart Orlando 11:05am
Arrive Halifax 3:35pm

I'm a sucker for the Transat flights. No frills and cramped, but the direct flight is awesome.

ETA: Either I've missed these until today, or Transat is starting to lower prices. I just noticed Mar 18-25 for $470 per person.

Another Transat

Flight 374Transat
Thu, Mar 18 7:30am - Halifax, NS, Canada (YHZ) 10:10am - Orlando, Florida, USA (MCO) 0
Baggage Information

Return Flight From To Stops
Air Transat LogoFlight 375Transat Thu, Mar 25 11:30am - Orlando, Florida, USA (MCO) 4:00pm - Halifax, NS, Canada (YHZ) 0
Baggage Information

Booking Items Base Taxes & Fees Subtotal
First Adult (Edit) 239.00 230.24 469.24
Second Adult (Edit) 239.00 230.24 469.24
First (Child)(Edit) 219.00 229.24 448.24
Second (Child)(Edit) 219.00 229.24 448.24
Total Cost CAD $1834.96

I have flown Transat and have no issue with doing it again!

Ted

Great Thread Ted! ;)

Forgot to mention that our flights are nonstop.

I decided to rebook our departure SWA flights to 1:25 pm instead of 6 pm. Hubby says he would rather just leave at midnight instead of 5 am. Will want to get on the road and just get things underway. Kids in jammies, DVD going, everybody all tucked in and not as many food stops on the way to NH. Flights actually were a little cheaper ($102pp).

This gets us into MCO at 5pm and not 10pm(no baggage pickup by ME). Have supper at Disney and an evening swim.:lovestruc

With 5 of us, it's still hard to find flights out of Halifax that sway me away from ME or NH.
But with some of the deals posted I'm starting to have faith that some day I will fly from the airport that is just 15mins from my house!:worship:

Ted in Halifax said:
I have flown Transat and have no issue with doing it again!

Ted

Agreed.

We've flown 3 times, YYZ to MCO, with Transat (Canjet). I'm not looking for a luxury flight. Just get me there as fast as you can; a direct non-stop flight is excellent in my books.

Freinds of ours are going Mar 20-27. They booked their flights with Transat about 6-8 weeks ago. They paid around $960 per person. I told her this morning of the new prices...... she's not happy!

ETA: Oops, our friend's flight dates are Mar 13-20, a week earlier. Which is March Break, I had that date wrong too. I guess it was just too early for me to be thinking about this stuff.

2 Adult 2 Child
Base Price: 259.00 259.00
Taxes & Fees: 106.30 106.30
Total per person:
# of Travelers: 2 2
Sub Total: USD
Old Price: $1,461.20
Instant Discount Promotion: $-20.00
Handling Fees:
Total Charge: $1,441.20 USD

Continental Airlines
Flight 2893 ERJ
Halifax (YHZ)
Newark Liberty (EWR) 12:35pm -08Dec, Tue
02:00pm -08Dec, Tue Nonstop
Coach 2hr 25min

Continental Airlines
Flight 492 757
Newark Liberty (EWR)
Orlando (MCO) 03:00pm -08Dec, Tue
05:52pm -08Dec, Tue Nonstop
Coach 2hr 52min
Flight Duration : 5hr 17min Layover Time : 1hr 0min Total Trip Time: 6hr 17min

United Airlines
Flight 233 320
Orlando (MCO)
Chicago OHare (ORD) 03:22pm -15Dec, Tue
05:16pm -15Dec, Tue Nonstop
Coach
2hr 54min

United Airlines
Flight 7626 E70
Chicago OHare (ORD)
Halifax (YHZ) 05:55pm -15Dec, Tue
10:54pm -15Dec, Tue Nonstop
Coach 2hr 59min
Flight Duration : 5hr 53min Layover Time : 0hr 39min Total Trip Time: 6hr 32min

Less than $400 cdn with taxes in.. from CheapOair ...

If I could fly out of Halifax for $400-ish tax in I would likely do that.

It's an 11hr drive to Manchester, NH from here and likely to add 3 vacation days or so.

Flying out of Bangor would be okay but if I'm only going to save $4-500 and fly from here I will likely do that. Will be watching flights on a go forward and really need the Buy 4 Get 3 deal to get extended at Disney.

Time will tell....

love those rates out of New England but my DH refuses to drive that far to start vacation (and we have family in Northern NB we could stay with to make for a bit more manageable drive, but oh well). He also is afraid of weather conditions travelling in the winter.

Those transat flights are great too but unfortunately they don't start early enough for us since we're going in early February.

So I guess in the end I am happy with my $444 tax in per person out of Halifax with AC. Only wish I was direct going though instead of through Montreal. I could have gotten direct the next day but it only left mid-afternoon and arrived at MCO in the evening. I am greedy and want as much time at WDW as I can get so I opted for the earlier day flight the day before.

In the end under $1800 for 4 of us Halifax to Orlando (through Montreal going and direct returning).

I can't wait!!! Only 63 more days!!!

love those rates out of New England but my DH refuses to drive that far to start vacation (and we have family in Northern NB we could stay with to make for a bit more manageable drive, but oh well). He also is afraid of weather conditions travelling in the winter.

Those transat flights are great too but unfortunately they don't start early enough for us since we're going in early February.

So I guess in the end I am happy with my $444 tax in per person out of Halifax with AC. Only wish I was direct going though instead of through Montreal. I could have gotten direct the next day but it only left mid-afternoon and arrived at MCO in the evening. I am greedy and want as much time at WDW as I can get so I opted for the earlier day flight the day before.

In the end under $1800 for 4 of us Halifax to Orlando (through Montreal going and direct returning).

I can't wait!!! Only 63 more days!!!

That's an exceptional deal with AC. I don't think I've seen those prices with them before. Good find.

Having driven to Maine to fly I understand peoples concern ... Not sure If my Wife and Kids would put up with such a drive in March .... so as your favourite YHZ to MCO fare hunter I will post the following! :)

Okay .. I’m on to my new strategy … looking at one way fares …

ONEWAY FROM YHZ TO MCO
2 Adults (age 18 to 64) 373.00 CAD
2 Child 373.00 CAD
Additional Taxes/Fees
268.48 CAD
Total Price 1,014.48 CAD

Flight Details:
Depart:
3:40 p.m.
Wed., 3 Mar., 2010
Halifax, NS Canada (YHZ) Arrive:
5:05 p.m.
Wed., 3 Mar., 2010
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty)

Depart:
6:20 p.m.
Wed., 3 Mar., 2010

Plus return
Arrive:
9:13 p.m.
Wed., 3 Mar., 2010
Orlando, FL (MCO)
2 Adults (age 18 to 64) 354.00 CAD
2 Child 354.00 CAD
Additional Taxes/Fees
109.20 CAD
Total Price 817.20 CAD

ONE WAY FROM MCO TO YHZ
Flight Details:
Depart:
6:55 a.m.
Wed., 17 Mar., 2010
Orlando, FL (MCO) Arrive:
9:24 a.m.
Wed., 17 Mar., 2010

Depart:
12:00 p.m.
Wed., 17 Mar., 2010
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Arrive:
2:52 p.m.
Wed., 17 Mar., 2010
Halifax, NS Canada (YHZ)

Works out to just under $460 per person taxes in ...
Not bad for two weeks .... this far in advance! If Booked together, this is almost 100 more expensive ..

Great thread:thumbsup2

Booking our trip soon and great info here! We are still deciding if we should book with WDW direct or go thru TA. TA advised that flights are cheaper if you book a package instead of booking resort and flights separately. Any advise?

Thanks,
Kim

My advice.

Work out what the flights/accommodations/etc would cost for you to book through WDW ... then with that in your hand, talk to a travel agent.

I have migrated from using a TA to doing my own booking, but I enjoy the hunt of finding a deal.

If your TA can get a deal that works better than what you can do on your own, then grab it. Some people would rather have the TA do the leg work and simply do the vacation ... that's an intangible that matters to many. For me ... it's the bottom line that matters.

Ted

It may be worthwhile to note that all the continental fares have skyrocketed ....
For example .. March 10 to 24th has risen to 1,248 CDN per person! I do think this is temporary .. post xmas will be important to watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter