Mark and Sarah Wishes Wedding 11.8.13 SBP/ADH *updated Save/Dates & beauty options!*

71791_626347169547_1712775384_n.jpg

482621_626347184517_1561600229_n.jpg

486080_629154877877_445521770_n.jpg

My Fiance designed these save the dates for us and I just LOVE them! :bitelip:

Hi! Catching up on your PJ - I was married at the Boardwalk and my husbands immediate family had a huge issue with transportation. I woudl tell them to TAKE A CAB to the ceremony! It's like 10 bucks from the all stars and art of animation/pop (i can verify, I took the cabs and paid) and SO MUCH EASIER. His mother showed up 30 minutes late and missed pictures because she went from Pop to MGM to BW. If she would have paid 7 bucks, she would have been early. Also, its much quicker to go to MGM than DTD (as evidenced by his sister who *CLAIMS* it took her over 2 hours - no - I don't believe her because we tried it and did it in 45 minutes....). Just a mini rant/tips. His cousins also took the buses and had enough sense to not complain to me the day of the wedding (a courtsey his mother and sister couldn't be bothered to extend).

Thanks for the tips! I'm honestly not very worried about it (actually barely think about it) since I think a lot of people will either rent a car, catch a ride with someone who has a car, or figure out other arrangements. I realize they're adults and they'll find a way to get there haha...but I will suggest the taxi option! :)

Congrats on the planning. I'm not a big flower girl so i love your ideas for centerpieces. Also love your ring! You're website inspired us to create a new more simple one. Thanks!

That's awesome that we could inspire you to update your website! I would love to see it!

And thanks on the centerpieces...we might change our minds once we actually meet with a floral planner but that oranges idea keeps coming back around so we will see! :goodvibes

Just caught up on your PJ. Your ring is so gorgeous! You have such a clever fiancé! :goodvibes I love your wedding theme, although I suppose I am a little biased since I'm doing a similarly vintage inspired theme. Hmm, what else? I love your website and your colours. I don't think I've ever seen orange and plum together, but I am very intrigued, it sounds like it will make for some really fun decor!

Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you!! I love it too. :lovestruc And the theme...I love everything vintage! I want to be able to pull it off in a way that doesn't look "old" and still slightly modern. I think it will all come together once we have a definite "plan!" Do you have a PJ? I would love to follow along with your plans!

Pulling some ideas together for the overall style I'd like for my hair and makeup for the wedding! I'm planning on booking Beaute Speciale to help me out with this since it's SO convenient and they do such a great job! For my hair, I'm working on growing it out and it's now to my shoulder blades. Hoping it gets a little longer before then but either way I want it up and off my back as I'm sure it will feel all sweaty and not want to hold a curl if it's down anyway! Here are some ideas...

40fb0c57917da771fc969e33f3b69b63.jpg

49d3f3b8367d5654a5aaab67b5eb8c08.jpg

4e088def5c3f69227c8295b546a61b23.jpg

f71e6b4cf945b9f23a77cc688f9d4a52.jpg

I'm wanting some pretty dramatic makeup since I wear makeup every day and want something spectacular for this special day! Maybe something like this?

94c4e3ca961ed7ecf0c96897b3e4e96d.jpg

I have blue eyes so I'm guessing those colors might make them POP like hers?!

Or this is pretty stunning too! And pulls in the dark purple I want to use.

cc07a52c1f0ffac0651fa488a7eab0fa.jpg

Or a classic come hither eye and red lip...LOVE this look!

6bce6999a8ad5f7bc279cdf6aecf3cce.jpg

e57f9aa591afd97f67e5724e5462db33.jpg

9273f1060c4d065a44e7edd4e6f51517.jpg

I'm looking for officiants this weekend. I have a list of those to research based on other Dis bride's reviews! Here's who I'll be checking out in the next couple days:

Rev Tim Herring
Rev Kevin Knox
Ron Rosenzweig
Rev Teresa Knox
Rev Jack Day
Renee Silverman-A Lovely Ceremony
Paster Kirk Bane
Rev Glynn Ferguson-Sensational Ceremonies

I'm not sure how to make this decision as I've never really done this before so any suggestions are welcome! When I'm not sure what to do I tend to make decisions based on the quality and interest in their websites but in this case that might be hard to do since it appears officiants don't really put a big focus on their website design! Haha...and I've already noticed at least one of them uses Comic Sans font on their website and I know if my DF knows that (crazy designer brain) he would never let me book them! :rotfl:

SarahFarra said:
I'm looking for officiants this weekend. I have a list of those to research based on other Dis bride's reviews! Here's who I'll be checking out in the next couple days:

Rev Tim Herring
Rev Kevin Knox
Ron Rosenzweig
Rev Teresa Knox
Rev Jack Day
Paster Kirk Bane

I'm not sure how to make this decision as I've never really done this before so any suggestions are welcome! When I'm not sure what to do I tend to make decisions based on the quality and interest in their websites but in this case that might be hard to do since it appears officiants don't really put a big focus on their website design! Haha...and I've already noticed at least one of them uses Comic Sans font on their website and I know if my DF knows that (crazy designer brain) he would never let me book them! :rotfl:

Hi Sarah. We've just begun planning my daughters Disney wedding! Yours sounds amazing! Can you tell me if your photographer is a Disney vendor? We are havi g the reception at Epcot and can't us a non-Disney photographer. Thanks!

mariapicardikenyon said:
Hi Sarah. We've just begun planning my daughters Disney wedding! Yours sounds amazing! Can you tell me if your photographer is a Disney vendor? We are havi g the reception at Epcot and can't us a non-Disney photographer. Thanks!

Thank you and congrats on your daughter's engagement!! When is her wedding? This is such an exciting time!

My photographer is not a Disney vendor. I was fortunate to have chosen venues where I could use whoever I wanted and loved Jason Angelini's work so was able to book him! Since you'll have to use DFAP you can still research their photographers and choose your favorites and put in a request for them and cross your fingers! I know they have a lot of talented photographers so I hope you'll be happy with your results! :)

Thank you!! I love it too. :lovestruc And the theme...I love everything vintage! I want to be able to pull it off in a way that doesn't look "old" and still slightly modern. I think it will all come together once we have a definite "plan!" Do you have a PJ? I would love to follow along with your plans!

I do have a PJ:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=280146 it's pretty long I will warn you, I've been writing it for a year and a half!

I love your save the dates, the colours and design is so classic and the matching envelopes are such a nice touch! Your hair and makeup inspiration pics are lovely, that's something I still need to take care of myself. As for officiants, I am not going to lie, a little bit of our decision was made based on who we wanted to see in our photos. Then it was who had better communication. The website thing affected our decision too...:laughing:

SarahFarra said:

Rev Tim Herring
Rev Kevin Knox
Ron Rosenzweig
Rev Teresa Knox
Rev Jack Day
Paster Kirk Bane

That is hilarious about the Comic Sans! I'm in graphics world too and feel the same way about that font too! LOL

Rev Tim Herring
Rev Kevin Knox
Ron Rosenzweig
Rev Teresa Knox
Rev Jack Day
Paster Kirk Bane

Hi
I've just been reading through your story so far ... your ring is beautiful and your fiance a genius for working out the one you would love!
I'm a UK bride so planning everything long distance - although ours will be small scale so not such hard work!

We booked Rev Kev Knox, not sure why, I just had a good feeling I guess. Communications have been excellent and I am not anticipating any problems for our day based on the service so far - very professional. They send you a very useful planning pack to select ideas from. I've been very impressed.

I also booked BS for hair/make up, and again great communications and service so far.

Good luck choosing. :)

"I want it up and off my back as I'm sure it will feel all sweaty and not want to hold a curl if it's down anyway! Here are some ideas..."

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first hairstyle, I may steal it....my hair is long and will NOT hold a curl in that flordia humidity so I think up is the way to go.

OH and we are using rev Tim H, I really got along so well with him on the phone, we just clicked.

I do have a PJ:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=280146 it's pretty long I will warn you, I've been writing it for a year and a half!

I love your save the dates, the colours and design is so classic and the matching envelopes are such a nice touch! Your hair and makeup inspiration pics are lovely, that's something I still need to take care of myself. As for officiants, I am not going to lie, a little bit of our decision was made based on who we wanted to see in our photos. Then it was who had better communication. The website thing affected our decision too...:laughing:

I took a gander at your PJ and yep, it IS long hahaha but WONDERFUL! I have been sewing since I could hold a needle and have done tons of Disney costumes too! So cool! And I love your whole theme of your wedding!!! I'm sure it will be beautiful! :blush:

Hi
I've just been reading through your story so far ... your ring is beautiful and your fiance a genius for working out the one you would love!
I'm a UK bride so planning everything long distance - although ours will be small scale so not such hard work!

We booked Rev Kev Knox, not sure why, I just had a good feeling I guess. Communications have been excellent and I am not anticipating any problems for our day based on the service so far - very professional. They send you a very useful planning pack to select ideas from. I've been very impressed.

I also booked BS for hair/make up, and again great communications and service so far.

Good luck choosing. :)

Thank you!! :blush: I hope your planning is going well from a distance! They've done this so many times I'm sure whatever you plan will come together flawlessly even if it is long distance! That's something you can be sure of with Disney. ;)

That's what I definitely wanted with an officiant, just a good feeling! And I've heard good things about Rev Kev! Have you heard the Disney Weddings podcast with him? That really helped me in deciding what kind of officiant I wanted. :goodvibes

Very good to know about BS! I will book them soon! :)

"I want it up and off my back as I'm sure it will feel all sweaty and not want to hold a curl if it's down anyway! Here are some ideas..."

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that first hairstyle, I may steal it....my hair is long and will NOT hold a curl in that flordia humidity so I think up is the way to go.

Hahaha steal away! I loved those loosely up but "UP" being the operative word styles. I don't need to be worrying about my hair on that day! :rotfl:

We've decided on and booked an officiant! That's one big worry off our minds! We decided to go with Rev. Glynn Ferguson of Sensational Ceremonies. http://sensationalceremonies.com He was actually the only one I actually CONTACTED. And he called me within 10 mins of me filling out the form on his website! I was very impressed. We immediately had a connection! He was funny and very technologically inclined (suggested we can Skype or FaceTime to know each other better). I could tell immediately that he was very interested in making a special, meaningful ceremony for us that we would always remember. I also mentioned his name to Amy, our planner, and she said she's worked with him before and he will definitely do a great job. Thus, he was hired and we can't wait to work with him. :goodvibes

That being said, I have been having some anxiety on not planning to have a videographer since this will be the most important day of our lives to this point and I know we're not going to be able to remember every aspect of it. I want us to be able to have something (other than the amazing photos Jason will provide us with!) to look back upon to remember our special day. :blush: However, it turns out the quotes I had already received from several videographers (namely 829Films and Key Moment Films-both great companies from the looks of it!) didn't fit a tight budget and left little to no room for adjustments or customization in length of service. Until I found Trinity Wedding Cinema (http://www.trinityweddingcinema.com)!! Trinity was also on Jason's preferred vendors list and he's worked with them many times which is important that our photo and video vendors have a good working relationship! I spoke with David from Trinity and was sold! He was able to offer us a great package (especially since we have a weekday wedding!)! I am SO happy and thrilled that everything is truely falling into place! :hyper:

Sarah I LOVE your choices for hair! They definitely have a very elegant and romantic feel to them. It'll look stunning! I love checking out Pinterest for beauty ideas- it seems there are always new ideas that I haven't seen before! And I know you said you wear everyday makeup- my MOH got me hooked on this website called "Makeup Geek". oh my gosh. This girl is amazing!! She has great tutorials for the eyeshadow applying impaired (read me) and she has a lot of cool ideas and looks on her site. Worth a look if you want!
I keep hearing about Beaute Speciale... do they come to your hotel room and such?
The DF and I are starting to look into officiants this week too. I am hopeful to narrow down a list to start and contact them by the end of the weekend- I'm so glad you had an instant connection with one. It gives me hope that, like a dress, I'll just "know"! One more thing checked off the bridal to do list that is never ending!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter