Marrakesh Surprises

kcrew

Gets a Warm, Fuzzy Feeling When Thinking about DIS
I wanted to mention a couple of issues about this restaurant I had not read about here. This mostly applies to the Dining Plan.

1. The allearsnet menu is not up to date
2. A couple of us (6 in the party) wanted the Marrakesh Feast. We were told we could not order it unless all 6 of us ordered it. I did not debate the issue, but it seemed ridiculous. What if we were a party of 2? It would be allowed then, so why not 2 out of a party of 6?
3. There was no child's appetizer and my child was not allowed one off the adult menu either. Simply no appetizer for him.
4. Dessert. On the meal plan were told we had no choice. A child got a plain single scoop of ice cream. Adults could only have the assorted pastries. End of story. My 2 "adult" plan children would not touch the pastries and were miserable.

Just FYI.

Wow. We have dinner planned here in a couple of weeks, but now I'm not so sure. I went to Marrakesh in May (not on DP) and fell in LOVE with the place, but if they're going to limit dessert (I don't really do pastries), etc, we may look elsewhere. Hmmm.

Anyone else have this kind of experience? (not doubting you, kcrew, just hoping your waiter was giving out bad info)

We ate at Marrakesh last week and had no problems. We ordered three different kinds of desserts. DS2 has a dairy allergy and they had no problem making sure my meal was dairy free so he could share with me. I had so much food left over that I boxed it up for a late night snack. DD14 was able to finish all of hers. Very rare for her to eat that much, she just really loved it!

MOQu said:
We ate at Marrakesh last week and had no problems. We ordered three different kinds of desserts. DS2 has a dairy allergy and they had no problem making sure my meal was dairy free so he could share with me. I had so much food left over that I boxed it up for a late night snack. DD14 was able to finish all of hers. Very rare for her to eat that much, she just really loved it!

Well, I don't know what to say about your experience....we were there 3 days ago and as soon as we told the waiter we were on the dining plan, long before we even ordered our appetizers, he stated "on the dining plan you will receive the assorted pastries for dessert". When we finished our meal he plunked 5 of them in front of us.

Im really curious now as to what is allowed. :confused3 :confused: We are leaving in 15 days and are planning on Marakesh. I was under the understanding that you could order any :worried: thing off the menu. I know there are some restrictions at other restruants but not this one. I was hoping to get different desserts and share with my husband. That way we can sample many different things. It will be quite a bummer if we only can try the pasteries. I do hope your waiter was having a bad night. But I do hope there was some pixiedust for you pixiedust:

f you were hoping to share desserts, the assorted pastries sounds like a perfect choice anyway :confused3

Wow! That wasn't our experience at all either. We had two adults order the Marrakesh Feast and the 3 others order other things. They only ones who had to order the patries for dessert were the ones who had the feast (they come with the feast). :confused3

This was two weeks ago.

We are three adults who were planning to order a Marrakesh Feast, a Royal Feast, and the Mediterrean Seafood Platter. I wonder now if they will allow this?

Biscuitsmom31 said:
Wow! That wasn't our experience at all either. We had two adults order the Marrakesh Feast and the 3 others order other things. They only ones who had to order the patries for dessert were the ones who had the feast (they come with the feast). :confused3

This was two weeks ago.

Wow, now I'm just getting really mad! Maybe I should have agrued, but that is just so draining...the waiter just said everything so matter of factly that I didn't see a point in questioning him. It really ruined the evening for us and my kids were just miserable!

aubriee said:
We are three adults who were planning to order a Marrakesh Feast, a Royal Feast, and the Mediterrean Seafood Platter. I wonder now if they will allow this?

Well, for one the Royal Feast was no longer on the menu when we were there-that's why I stated in the opening post that allearsnet wasn't accurate. No Crepes Atlas either.

Makes no sense? DW and I both ordered the feast because I thought we'd be splitting food family style. But no, they brought out individual plates and it was hardly a feast. I've posted before that this was by far my least favorite meal at DW. Cold cous-cous and a hot warm and humid restaurant.

kcrew said:
Well, for one the Royal Feast was no longer on the menu when we were there-that's why I stated in the opening post that allearsnet wasn't accurate. No Crepes Atlas either.

OK, now I'm mad! Three of the restaraunts I have ADRs at have changed their menus and no longer have what I was planning to order. First Spoodles did away with their paella, then Chef's killed the duck and replaced it with a hamburger, now Marrakesh doesn't serve the Royal Feast.

With my new contacts I can't see anything up close without reading glasses which I refuse to wear at WDW, so I want to know before they try to hand me a menu what I'm going to order (since I probably won't be able to read the menu anyway).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter