Marriott Grande Vista - Is this deal too good to be true?

busy mom

Mouseketeer
Got a call last night from the Marriott Vacation Club...first off - how do they know we are planning a trip to WDW? It makes me feel creepy that they even knew this...

Anyway - this is the deal they offerred: $199 total for a 2bedroom suite for 4 nights, as well as 2 adult One day/One park passes for Disney.

I have read some very good reports related to this resort on this board, but am hesitant as this is a timeshare. We would do the 90 minute sales pitch if it was REALLY worth it.

Any opinions would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Yes sounds right. I can't stand Timeshare presentations and my spouse would kill me. Hilton Grand has similar and also super resort. Westgate Lakes also, yet presentation is nasty high push pitch.

I'd check Skyauction or elsewhere for accomodation bargains. If going for more then 4 days, then per night gets more expensive as does moving.....

Thanks Emmalgin...I will check out those sites.

Any other opinions???

(sorry for the double-post, my computer had a brain freeze in the middle of it).

We excepted the same offer. Our friends gave Marriot our name they have bought into the timeshare & love it. I'm just taking the vacation & tour. The $199.00 price is only good until May 31. The suite includes a sunking jacuzzi in the master BR. I'm always planning a trip to Disney. I have only stayed on WDW properity. But this is too good to pass up. I have wanted to go to seaworld so for me this is great. I'm thinking of just going with hubby....but I hate leaving my kids.

http://www.marriottvacationclub.com/mvc/The+Marriott+Resort+System/Grande+Vista/villa+preview.asp Here is the link for the web site. It is beautiful!

As far as the 90 min tour/sales presitation goes my friends said it was very low key. I like touring my hotels anyway. Most salespeople will ask 1/2 hour into it if your at all interested & if you say no they let you go.

We took a similar offer from them in 2000. Tour was low key, room and property was top notch. Enjoy!

Just returned from WDW and we spent 4 nights at Grande Vista. I fell in love with this resort. Felt it was comparable to DVC OKW and in some ways, GV surpassed OKW. The pool area is very nice, there is an indoor play area which helps the kids release energy, and the grounds are well kept. We had a one-bedroom in Bldg. 95 which was reasonably close to the lobby and main pool area. I consider it a destination resort and wish I spent more time enjoying the amenities there. The price you got for a 2 bedroom at this location is great.

Sharon

As an owner at the Grande Vista since 1998. I can honestly say this is an excellent resort. It's very centrally located to all the theme parks, and the sales presentation is very low key not pushy at all. They feel the resort sells itself and don't feel the need to pressure you. You'll love staying there!!

I would take an offer like that in a second! All of the Marriott Vacation properties get great reviews on this board and the rental rates are very high. A 90 minute tour is well worth it, just be adamant about what you want from the salesman.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter