Marriott Residence Inn at LBV north

Fiver

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

I know this is a resort question, but I'm hoping someone on here can help me. My folks are coming to Disney with my DH and I this October. We are not going to be able to stay onsite due to Disney's no pet policy. My mom has a 15yo chihuahua with heart problems, so he cant stay in a kennel. It makes him too upset and he wont eat. He is a sensitive little dog that is completely devoted to my mom. If he can sleep in his little bed then he is fine. We have made ressies at the Resd Inn at LBV. It is brand new and looks pretty good.....and they allow dogs! Anyone heard about this place? Is it close to the parks and such. We got a good rate for $107.00 a night for 2 bedroom suite that includes Brkfst. I'm sad that we wont be able to stay onsite :( , but at least my folks are coming with us. They both have been only once in the last 15yrs.

Fiver

Hi, Fiver.

(sorry, couldn't resist :p )

It sounds like you got a great deal. We've never stayed there, but I know that rooms at Residence Inns are more like small apartments than hotel rooms, with a full kitchen area.

Can anyone help her out with info about this particular location?

Hi, Fiver!

We just stayed at that property last week -- two days after it opened!

If you've stayed in a Marriott Residence Inn before, this one had the usual amenities. We had a 2-bedroom suite with full kitchen. Not sure what you want to know, so here's some general info.

The hotel is shaped in a "U." The club house (main lobby, dining area, etc.) makes up the fourth side. The pool, kiddie pool, spa are in the center. Each of the three wings of the "U" has an elevator; the hotel is five stories high. There is a laundry room on each floor, 2nd through 5th.

The breakfasts included scrambled eggs, sausages, make-your-own waffles (with toppings), all types of bread/bagels/eglish muffins for toast, muffins, danish, dry cereals, hot cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, fruit salad, juices, milk, several types of brewed coffee, teas, etc. Some days there were pancakes, some days french toast. The dining area is a large rooms, overlooking the courtyard with the pools, and with a large atrium above. However, we often had to wait for a table to free up during busy breakfast hours.

We had some interesting experiences since this was the first weekend the hotel was open:eek: -- but I doubt these things will persist.

The property is about four blocks from Hotel Blvd, so it is very close to DTD.

All in all, we were satisfied enough that we have reservations there for a four days in November.:D

This property has a variety of bed arrangements in the two bedroom suites. We had one king and two queens. I know they also have two queens/two queens and I think something else too. Make sure to check now on what is reserved for you.:cool:

Hope you have a great time!:bounce:

Hey Fiver, at one time we had ressies to stay there, too. Then Leslie found us a better deal so we cancelled. Too bad, I would have loved meeting your mom's dog...I just love dogs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter