Marvel's Run to Tower of Terror (comments welcome!)

nocomment711

Ces Soirees-La
Hi guys.

I'm Marvel.

74179_4327731039042_1674444202_n.jpg

That's me on January 19.

I've been overweight for as long as I can really remember. My family is not the most healthy one in the world. My mom doesn't cook and we go out to eat a lot. I'm originally from the Allentown area, but moved to Santa Fe, NM in September of 2012 for a job. I currently work as a Forensic Scientist in the DNA/Serology section of my lab.

So anyways, I was going through my pictures from a trip to New York and I didn't really like what I saw, so I decided to join Weight Watchers and start exercising. Starting last Saturday, I weighed in at 224 (the heaviest I've ever been) and started Weight Watchers on Sunday morning. I also cut my daily Coca-Cola intake from 3/4 a day to one at lunch time.

I worked out starting on Monday and have done at least half an hour every day (save Wednesday because there was no time). As of this morning, I'm down to 219.

My goal is to get to 160 by my trip to Disney and to run in the Tower-of-Terror 10-miler. Starting next week I plan on doing a mile every day, and slowly working my way up from there (still looking for a good strategy to prepare for the RunDisney event).

So. Hi. (=

Comments are always welcomed. (=:dance3::maleficen:sulley::tigger:

May I suggest starting out with Couch 25k? (couch to 5k)
just google it & you'll get lots of links to the basic program/idea. And you can download some C25K stuff from iTunes as well.
C25k is nice because you can tailor it as you go along, jump back if need be too.
Once you get that under your belt, see if you can join a running group in your area ... always a good way to learn from others, etc.
And get some decent running shoes at a running shoe store ... let them fit you. You'll be glad you did. And you may find that as you lose weight you'll need/want to change your shoes ... you might not need the support/stability that you first needed.
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter