Massages at AKL health club?

KJo719

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had a massage at the AKL health club? We're staying at the AKL for our honeymoon and I'm thinking that woud be a great way to start our honeymoon, since I will be EXTREMELY stressed the weeks before (fiance won't be too stressed- I'm doing all the planning, so it will just be a plus for him!!!!) But I was just wondering if it was worth it or not. By the way, I don't want to travel to one of the spas, we're going to be soooo tired when we arrive, so it's AKL or nothing! Also if anyone knows the prices, that would also be very helpful. Thank you so much!
Kathy
(Please let it be July very soon!!!)

I used the spa there last spring. It was very nice and I would go back again. I actually waited until the day before I was leaving because I am a reluctant flyer and thought it would be relaxing before going home. I also had a pedicure at CSR (not on same trip) which was nice because my feet felt great after all that walking. I don't remember if AKL does pedicures or not.

Did you have to make an appointment before you arrived at the resort or was it a spur of the moment thing? My daughter would like to try a massage during our stay this May.:)

It was something of a last minute thing. The reason I don't like to make absolute plans there (Disney) is because plans change quickly due to weather, or having fun someplace else!! If you are sure you want to do it, I think that making reservations your 1st day will assure an appointment. I think I made the appointment the night before. The pedicure, however, was more difficult to arrange. Either they book up early or they don't have alot of people who do them.
Edit to add: also, my daughter used the health club every day to exercise. I think they do facials and some other things that are equally fun.

We are staying concierge in Sept. Is the health club an additional cost??

You will need to talk to the concierge people about that because it was confusing for us. Concierge said it was included, but the spa kept putting it on our tab. It was easy to fix, but you will need to know the rules first.

Sorry for taking so long to replay.

I had a treatment at the AKL spa. I thought the price was reasonable for what I received. I did get all the information through the concierge prior to our arrival but chose to actually book it once I got there. I had not problem getting the date and time I wanted. If I remember correctly I couldn't charge it on my room though because they are not a part of Disney. I got an over hour massage and scrub. It was an awesome way to start my vacation!!! I would do it again as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter