Matt's Sunrise Safari Report - Breakfast on the Jungle Cruise!!

Looks like a lot more was involved than what I would have thought!
I probably would not spend that kind of money on something like that either but on the other hand, I spent nearly that much on a helicopter ride in Hawaii and I think I would have gotten more out of the JC breafast.
Glad you had a great time and thanks so much for sharing it with us!

We disembarked our craft at 07:54. Edith was there to congratulate us on becoming official members of F.L.O.S.S. She taught us the secret skipper greeting, which consisted of a code-word and hand gesture known only to true F.L.O.S.S. members… She demonstrated how to propose the gesture when we suspected another member of F.L.O.S.S., and when to pull it back if not immediately reciprocated. She also said that the Jungle Navigation Company and Trader Sam had something special for us as new members. We were directed to a table set up at the exit and told that we would know our individual items when we saw them.

DSC_3894%20(Large).jpg

Here you can see the full item once I got it home:

IMG_0968%20(Large).JPG

A real wood box with a picture of each member of the crew at the helm was provided by the Jungle Navigation Co., Ltd. Along with a map of the river to help us navigate.

IMG_0967%20(Large).JPG

IMG_0965%20(Large).JPG

What could it be??? A real wood native headhunter mask….
IMG_0966%20(Large).JPG

Complete with wood hanging stand and crystal spear point!!!!
IMG_0971%20(Large).JPG

Truly awesome.

Afterwards, we all signed the guest log book and hung out between Aladdin’s Oasis and the Bazaar. It was so great seeing an empty Adventureland!!! I would have loved to headed west over to NOS. We also had some pics taken in front of the queue entrance by the Disney Photographers.

DSC_3896%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3899%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3901%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3903%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3905%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3907%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3911%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3924%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3925%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3931%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3933%20(Large).jpg

After what seemed like only moments, it was time for our group to head out and by 08:01 we were queued at the entrance to Adventureland from the hub. Ron was there telling us that we should let the stampede of dangerous animals pass on their way into the preserve before we would venture out (EMH had just rope-dropped).

DSC_3935%20(Large).jpg

After a brief wait for most of the EMH group to pass, we started making our way down Main Street on the West side against the flow. I felt like a salmon swimming upstream and all the while thinking… “I’M GOING THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!!” I was pretty sad that I had to drive back to San Diego to go to work. I would make the decision later that day to come back that evening after work, so stay tuned for that TR too, but for now, I must leave with a grin on my face which would last me all the way until the stress of work caught up to me around noon.

I must admit, I felt like a little bit of a celebrity as we were walking out and all the people were looking at us incredulously as we left Advetureland with our trophies in hand lead by a team of Jungle Cruise skippers.

DSC_3942%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3945%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3947%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3953%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3959%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3975%20(Large).jpg

After walking through the arch under the train tracks, we queued at the West exit and were let out.

DSC_3981%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3988%20(Large).jpg

DSC_3997%20(Large).jpg

I hit the Grand’s entrance from DTD at 08:11 and made a quick, albiet expensive trip through the Grand’s gift shop to grab a few t-shirts/sweat shirts/coffee mug/print/hat to round out my complete collection of GCH swag I had neglected to buy on my last trip and regretted ever since.

I hit the valet station at 08:22, and chatted with one of my fellow skippers waiting for her car. As I got in, the valet CM asked how it was, to which I responded AWESOME!!! Great production!!!

I pulled out at 08:27. Traffic was pretty much at a standstill on the 5 for miles and miles and miles. I didn’t hit my hotel in San Diego until 10:08. And the office at 10:20… a bit later than expected. Oh well… you only live once, right? I’d spend the rest of the day thinking about my great adventure and weighing the pros and cons of making the drive back up to DLR later that day… Emotion would win out and I made the trip and had a BLAST that night, but that’s another TR which will be forthcoming.

Last edited:
Great, great report Matt!! Hey, it looks like 2 of the people in your group signed up for the wrong adventure. They were wearing pirate attire?! LOL! Can't wait for the evening pics. I always enjoy your photos! :)

Fantastic! I see that this is only available on (very) random days and that none of them have availability for a party of 4. They must be selling out quickly!
What a cool experience.

Oh my gosh, Matt! That looks like a fun fun adventure!! As usual, your pictures are stunning. We did miss you at Dapper Day, though! I hope your day was not as hot as ours.

Wow, I love the parting gift. I was so curious after reading Malcon10t's comments about it. Very cool!!

Fantastic! I see that this is only available on (very) random days and that none of them have availability for a party of 4. They must be selling out quickly!
What a cool experience.
Max party size I was finding with any availability was 2. There were parties of 3-4, so they are available, but you must have to book early.

Oh my gosh, Matt! That looks like a fun fun adventure!! As usual, your pictures are stunning. We did miss you at Dapper Day, though! I hope your day was not as hot as ours.

Wow, I love the parting gift. I was so curious after reading Malcon10t's comments about it. Very cool!!
Thanks S! I know you were on the fence on the price, but let me tell you, I'd totally do this again, and I really wish there was a way I could have gotten care for the kids, and had Amy out to do it with me. Only thing which would have made it better would have been having her with me... well... and a little bit less humidity... I was dying.

Omg that looked amazing! I'll admit, I thought $300 a pop was outrageous, but considering what you got?! Wow! Not bad! And really, not much more than nice seats at a SF Giants game :)

Love, love, love your report! If the'd had my dates open, I'd have signed up in a heartbeat. Instead, I got to see/read your excellent report for free:) Thanks for sharing!

I really have no interest in doing this jungle cruise breakfast but your TR is so amazingly detailed that I felt like I was there. Loved it! Thank you so much for taking the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter