Maureens Journal on Atkins and Goals started 10/18 & posts are great!!

Camping Griswalds

DIS Veteran
Okay so i'm going to start my journal today. If anyone reads this please help me by answereing some questions. How will I find my journal on here? How often should I write in here? Can this stuff be printed? Do I just post responses to this post, or do I update this post? Any help greatly appreciated!!

So here is my story.

I am 34. I am married to the nicest guy .I have two great sons who are 11 and 7. I'm and R.N. I am going to be 35 in Jan and have been overweight for 15 years. It is all going to stop.

I started Atkins on 9/28 this year. I have done something totally different this time. I have set weekly goals and one big goal . I posted about my big goal on the main boards, but will say it again just for posterity. My sis has always been thin. She exercised like a nut and has always been a size4-6 at 5'6" Age has slowed her down now so she's about 140 (her heaviest ever) and sometimes in an 8. She's preggers with third baby and due in mid Feb. She always gains about 40 pounds with each pregnancy. So my big goal is to weigh one pound less than her when she delivers. Sick and twisted, but it's working. I also have taken my measurements so I have concrete evidence as to loss other than just weight. Because I really just want to be healthy.

I've posted a lot on this board, but just have the time to start this journaling process now. I think this may be very helpful. This board has been an amazing difference for me already.So to abbreviate my weights so far...here it goes...

Week one Monday 9/28/03
goal--do not cheat on Atkins
wt--228pounds
arms--14.25"
thighs--28"
waist--43"
hips--47.5"
calves==17.75
As you can see, I would be considered morbidly obese.

Week two Monday October 6
goal--drink 100 oz of h2o every day
wt--215
arms--14"
thighs--27.5"
waist--42.5"
hips--47"
calves--17.25
I lost 13 pounds and 2.25 inches..great

Week three--Mon 10/13
goal--continue week 2 goal and walk 1.2 miles to get mail five days a week
wt--216 I had cheated heavily over wekend, but psychologically was doing so much better I was okay. Had actually weighed 212 on Fri.
arms--14.25
thighs--28"
waist--42"
hips--45"
calves--17.5
Gained back one pound, so weight loss is 12 pounds, but have lost another 1.5 " for total 3.75

Week 4--Friday 10/17
I have changed my official weigh in day to Fri 'cause I do much better at work, and slip on weekends. When I weigh in on Mon it makes me depressed and want to sabatoge the whole process.

goal--will start on Mon because I give myself the weekends off for exercising--continue goals from previos weeks and do 20 sit-ups each night. I haven't done this since High School
wt--209.5 pounds
arms--14"
thighs--27.5"
waist--41.5"
hips--44"
calf--17"
So that's another 6.5 pounds and 2.75 inches.
total wt loss is 18.5 pounds and total inches are 6.5 and I've kept all my goals except I did not walk last night because I was so exhausted after my work week. I actually fell asleep at the movies with my kids. So I'll make it up sometime today.

Notice I haven't measured my chest because If I could choose a place not to loose it would be there, and I don't want any discouragement. My weekly goals are working very well, and I'm so proud of myself for exercising too. That's all for now.

Hi Maureen,
My name is Nancy J. I've been keeping my journal on WISH for a couple of months. Everyone's journal is different. Some post daily, some weekly, some not so often. The more you update, the closer to the top you'll be and the easier it will be to find your journal. I never tried printing mine but I guess it's possible.

It's helpful to some people to list their food and water intake every day, especially in the beginning. That way others can read your journal and can offer helpful suggestions or you can be an inspiration to those who need help.

It sounds like you have a good plan. Your weight loss so far has been sensational! Have you joined the WISH Challenge? Just click on nativetxn's post to join. That way you can get clippies for your weight loss. It doesn't sound like much, but it's fun and inspiring.

Feel free to read my journals. I'm Disney Grannie. I just turned 57, have 3 grown married children, and 4 grandchildren so far.

Nancy J:wave2:

So today is finishing off week four. Since I have moved my weigh in days to Fri instead of Mon. I'm shorting myself a couple of diet days this month, but this works better for me.

this week was rough. I'm coming down with somme kind of intestinal bug. So i have been struggling. Actually Wed all I had to eat was 4 slices of Turkey,not good,but I really haven't been feeling well. Any way here goes...

Week five 10/24
goal continue previous goals and add 20 more situps
I did well with goals this past week except for did not exercise at all last night, really just physically drained from being ill

wt 208.5
arms--14.25
waist 40.5
hips 43.5
thighs 27
calf 17

So for a full month I've lost 19.5 pounds,and 8.25 inches. I am overall very pleased. Mostly proud of the control over food and the walking. I'm going camping this weekend and it's a halloween celebration, so we'll see about all of the candy. Ta Ta For Now!!!!

Just back from the four days of camping and Halloween activety. I ate like a mad woman. Really seriously binged. My stomach hurt so bad on Friday night I took one of my husbands Prilosec after consuming about 15 Tums. On Sat I woke up and swore to never do that again..and what did I do, but eat like a fool. Anyway its Mon night now and I'm back home and ready to start back in the morning. Looking forward to it. Not looking forward to the scale though, so we'll see. Hope everyone had a nice weekend!!

I hope you're feeling better!! I've learned the nasty binge lesson myself. I feel physically AWFUL (tired, achy, lethargic!) when I've gone way overboard on carbs - not just a little cheat but a major carb-fest!

You seem like you're doing great! Look at all those pounds and inches you've lost! Now you're getting to the tough part - staying motivated after the initial excitement wears off. You can do it! Just hang in there and take one day at a time.

I like your idea of weekly goals! I might try to use that myself.

Good luck on the scales tomorrow!! ::yes::

Onward and downward!! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter