MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

I was talking to a CM today about it and said the next 2-3 weeks. They were testing PeterPan's Flight for a possible FP but unknown if they will be doing it.

I was talking to a CM today about it and said the next 2-3 weeks. They were testing PeterPan's Flight for a possible FP but unknown if they will be doing it.

I know a lot of people do not want FP on Peter Pan, but I would LOVE it. We ride this so seldom because we just can't/won't wait 50 minutes to ride. But if I could have a FP, I would be more likely to ride it. Especially since we often don't pull any FP on the mornings we head straight to Fantasyland as we know we're spending our first 2-3 hours hanging out in Fantasyland and Toon Town. However, I do see that crowding could be an issue. Many people thought they would be expanding the queue into the old Heraldry shop, but instead it became another shop.

I know a lot of people do not want FP on Peter Pan, but I would LOVE it. We ride this so seldom because we just can't/won't wait 50 minutes to ride. But if I could have a FP, I would be more likely to ride it. Especially since we often don't pull any FP on the mornings we head straight to Fantasyland as we know we're spending our first 2-3 hours hanging out in Fantasyland and Toon Town. However, I do see that crowding could be an issue. Many people thought they would be expanding the queue into the old Heraldry shop, but instead it became another shop.
Agreed. We're skipping it on our DLR trip due to the long lines. If it gets FP, then we'd likely ride it. The standby line is already prohibitively long, so I personally don't think people should care if it increases standby waits.

I'm in the same boat. We skip it on many trips just because we don't want to fight the crowds running at rope drop. And we never want to wait 45 minutes late. So I'd :duck: like to see it have FP. But my fear is that if they add it there, they'll decide to add it somewhere else, then somewhere else, then pretty soon it's WDW all over again where there's nothing left without FP. So if that's where it would go, no thank you. If they add it to just that, I'd be quite happy with it.

I'm in the same boat. We skip it on many trips just because we don't want to fight the crowds running at rope drop. And we never want to wait 45 minutes late. So I'd :duck: like to see it have FP. But my fear is that if they add it there, they'll decide to add it somewhere else, then somewhere else, then pretty soon it's WDW all over again where there's nothing left without FP. So if that's where it would go, no thank you. If they add it to just that, I'd be quite happy with it.

I'm with you on being afraid they're trying to make it like WDW with too many FPs. PP wouldn't be bad, but the day they put FP on Pirates will be a very sad day indeed.

I saw on DL Daily today that a CM told Casey June 15th. From what she described in her blog post, the CM went "on the record" with that date. It's on their schedule.
What's on their schedule?? The Disney site?

Can't wait to read about MaxxPass experiences! I'm quite relieved that it's debuting a few months before we get there so any kinks can be worked out & strategies can be shared. However, I'm sure it will be smooth in the beginning.

I'm with you on being afraid they're trying to make it like WDW with too many FPs. PP wouldn't be bad, but the day they put FP on Pirates will be a very sad day indeed.
Why do people not want FP on Pirates? I've never heard that before (because I'm usually on the WDW boards) and I'd love to hear your perspective about this.

Can't wait to read about MaxxPass experiences! I'm quite relieved that it's debuting a few months before we get there so any kinks can be worked out & strategies can be shared. However, I'm sure it will be smooth in the beginning.

Why do people not want FP on Pirates? I've never heard that before (because I'm usually on the WDW boards) and I'd love to hear your perspective about this.

Any time you add FP to an attraction, the standby line slows down. It has to because a major part of its capacity is then taken up feeding in all the FP people. Sure you can get a FP, but what if you are are holding a FP for Space? Then intended to get one for Matterhorn because that standby line moves so slow now after FP is added. What about Peter Pan? When are you going to squeeze that in? Sure you can go standby, but with every attraction that adds FP, it's just a slower moving standby line and less opportunities to be spontaneous without a very long wait. All sorts of attractions at WDW now need FP and they never used to have a long wait at all.

Plus, if MaxPass takes off, fastpasses will disappear sooner in the day, and then you're stuck with only standby as an option, but it's not the old standby, it's the new and "improved" standby with more than half of the ride's daily capacity prioritized for FP.

Last edited:
Hmm. Our last day is the 16th. I might shell out for it for two days if that's all it is. It would only be $60 for the three of us.

The CM told Casey it was on their CM schedule to start June 15th.

Oh please, please, please. I really want the ability to do a one day photopass for $10. I'm still curious how they will market this to APs.

ETA: Do you have a link? I checked her website and her Facebook but I didn't see it.

Last edited:
Oh please, please, please. I really want the ability to do a one day photopass for $10. I'm still curious how they will market this to APs.

ETA: Do you have a link? I checked her website and her Facebook but I didn't see it.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

It was on her blog from this morning. I can't link it, but I'll try to post this screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170607-222823.png
    Screenshot_20170607-222823.png
    226.1 KB · Views: 64
Agreed. We're skipping it on our DLR trip due to the long lines. If it gets FP, then we'd likely ride it. The standby line is already prohibitively long, so I personally don't think people should care if it increases standby waits.

One more option for PP is to make it your last ride of the night. As long as you are in line before park closing, the CMs will allow you to ride. It can be a magical experience to end the day with PP, exit to a closed park, and take your time enjoying Main Street as you leave DL.

Because right now there are large sections of the day that you can practically walk on Pirates, or wait for under 20 minutes. Yes, you have to avoid it during prime time, but other than that it's pretty easy to ride. If they add FP, lots of that previously free time will be taken up by guests returning during their FP window, making it a longer wait if you don't have the FP. And if you now have to get a FP just to ride Pirates, that takes up a FP that might have been used for something that really *needs* FP, like Space, for something that really shouldn't need one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter