May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian, no need for a re-intro you are in the roll call, you are good to go, lol.

Deb, I was guessing, but think that is about right, i know I printed out some of them at work before christmas, so sometime in December, just after the new dates were released right, maybe, I don't know?

Pj

Well if we're both pretty sure it was before Christmas, then I say we're good! Let's stick to that.....before Christmas or as you say, mid december.....both work for me!

Speaking of limos and lists....here is an fyi for everyone for the Hummerzine to the Port on Saturday May 10 (from MCO Hyatt)

fourmcds 4
birkner 2
liserann 4
mexicanm. 3
disneylover5 2
been2mrc. 3
kymma 2
wldmcnwmn 2
ibounce2 1
nsjerven 4
txsleepingbeauty 2
tiggerhappy 2
lwilliam 2
Tigger1221 2
ulittletinker 4

Waiting list
Willoughbyclan 7
littleaussie 6

Right now they are scheduled to pick up at MCO at 9am with 1 stop on the way for water etc (I think it is a "15 minute" stop). Please PM me if you want to be removed from the list. Deb...if you see anyone here that you know isn't going on the cruise anymore, can you PM me as well? Thanks. We'll break down the limos as the time gets closer and it is all set. The cost per limo is 376.00 plus tip,which should be $18.80 pp + tip (as long as there are 20 in each limo).
I am so excited about this. It is no problem to have cash that day! Thanks for doing this.

OK...chocolate peppermint torte cake sound like a receipe that MUST be shared! ::yes::

Ohhhhh....I could grab a 6 pack of diet rootbeer.......the one thing I'd really miss over 15 days.

I just played on the DCL site looking at more excursions.

I'm now thinking about the Cabo B.O.B. underwater adventure. My brother did this somewhere and said it was a BLAST. Also looking at the Sea Lion Encounter in Puerto Vallarta (comes with a nice lunch too), as I've already done a dolphin encounter in 06. And an Aruba back up plan (pending SNUBA) is the DePalm Island Beach Getaway. Who's joining me?

I'm also on a weight loss mission. 18 Weeks = 36 pounds. I'd have a lot more energy and less joint stress at that point and know I would feel much better on the trip. There are also a whole mess of clothes in my closet that would fit at that weight. Might have to shop for new formal wear though. I could live with that ::yes::

We will be swimming with the Sea Lions too. I am very excited, I have swam with dolphins, rays, and sea turtles.
Thanks Jackie and V:thumbsup2 I think I will plan on doing the parasailing at CC then. I'll have to try to get some more info on the zip line. Anyone have any experience with this?
Kathe

We did a Zip Line. I will post pics later.

I love all of the pics!

Thanks for the prayers for my grandmother. We are visiting tomarrow.

Deb- DH picked me up from work and said he got a pm from you. He is IAMAHIDDENMICKEY, he is with me.

They should already be showing her as the age she'll be at date of travel. Drew is 5 right now and turns 6 on 3/3 and on our DCL ressie they already show him as 6...so I would think they'd have Haley showing as 3? :confused3

Our youngest turns 3 on Feb 19, 08 and she too is showing up as being only eligible for Flounders at this point. We are trying to get her potty trained in time for the cruise, but am now wondering if because she is so close to having just turned 3 if DCL will insist she stay with Flounders.

I wonder if John1 is having fun playing Apples to Apples. I have to admit it did look like a lot of fun and I'm going to have to try it the next time we have game night with friends. I wonder if John is winning?

I have that game. it's tns of fun, especially if you have a large group of somewhat tipsy people playing it.:thumbsup2

I am so excited about this. It is no problem to have cash that day! Thanks for doing this.

We will be swimming with the Sea Lions too. I am very excited, I have swam with dolphins, rays, and sea turtles.

We did a Zip Line. I will post pics later.

I love all of the pics!

Thanks for the prayers for my grandmother. We are visiting tomarrow.

Deb- DH picked me up from work and said he got a pm from you. He is IAMAHIDDENMICKEY, he is with me.

That's great Jill....please answer the questions and I'll fill in my spreadsheet for both of you and then I won't have to send you a PM with the same questions. I'm starting at the bottom of the posting list and sending the same PM to every single post on this thread. I'll get to the top of the list eventually. Thanks Jill.....nice to know that your DH is a hidden mickey. I love it!

Kaylee, John pointed out earlier that the Seahawks are wearing DIS green accent color on their shoes, shirts and gloves. How cool.:rotfl2:

You know, I never thought of it that way Deb:lmao: Boy, I have LOTS of DIS stuff to wear! Today we got DIS hats!
Seahawks 35 Redskins 14 Game Over. Kaylee is a happy girl tonight. Congratulations, we're happy for you!

Next is Jaguars at Steelers....GO STEELERS!

Thanks Deb :cheer2: So, Deb, feel free to root for the packers next week, :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Oh I forgot to say.......Congrats Kaylee!!

My poor Redskins are done for the year...Haven't had much luck with football lately.....Redskins... VA Tech....

Did anyone notice that the Skin's lost by 21....Sean Taylor's #. That is the same score the Skins beat Dallas by to get into the playoffs.....

Oh well, I guess I need to start watching Tech basketball.

Sorry about the game today Lisa, didn't notice the 21 until you pointed it out, but I am sure it is significant. It was a good game (ok for us it was a great game). I had so much fun there today. I got to "pet" Taina, the "sea"hawk (have never seen her out before games before) and we spent some time talking with Mr. & Mrs. Hobbs (their son is a second string first year hawk) This was their first game and they were just the nicest people. Certainly were very proud of their son. They are from Tampa and the mom is terrified to fly, but the dad told her they had to go to one game and they picked this one! The crowds were on fire today, it was so loud in that stadium...I loved it! For me, it was the last game of the season as the only other shot at a home game we have I will be in Tampa! I do have to say that there were soooo many outrageously drunk idiots at the game today. They stopped selling alcohol before the third rather than at the end of the third because so many people had already been kicked out. I like that they keep their eye on things like that and regulate accordingly.

Monica....great pics!
V...enjoy Enchanted if you go, it is a great movie.
Lisa...sorry Frank is in so much pain now, that has to be hard to watch. :hug:
:hug: to all those still in need as well.

Well, it looks like the Jags just beat the Steelers! It seemed to be a close one from the score 31-29. Tomorrow should be good too, Giants vs Bucs and Titans vs Chargers. I love playoff games!

Ok, today's game wiped me out, so I am off to bed already....hopefully I'll be 100% by tomorrow!!!!

night all!

Our youngest turns 3 on Feb 19, 08 and she too is showing up as being only eligible for Flounders at this point. We are trying to get her potty trained in time for the cruise, but am now wondering if because she is so close to having just turned 3 if DCL will insist she stay with Flounders.
Haley's bd is 2/10 they are pretty close. She is potty trained though and thinks she's 5! Is she is trained and will defintiely be 3 - I wouldn't worry.

Well, it looks like the Jags just beat the Steelers! It seemed to be a close one from the score 31-29. Tomorrow should be good too, Giants vs Bucs and Titans vs Chargers. I love playoff games!

Ok, today's game wiped me out, so I am off to bed already....hopefully I'll be 100% by tomorrow!!!!

night all!
So happy for the Jags! Now, come on Bucs!:cheer2:

Hey my dd turns 10 on 5/19, we'll have to have a joint cake for the kids!

As far as castaway goes: If the weather is nice, I'd leave my daughter in kids club on the island and go sit on the beach. I love reading in the sun. BUT since this is our first time I was trying to elimate excursions that all of you seasoned vets think are lame and can be done anywhere. I had planned on feeding the manta rays, but my dd just informend me that she doesn't want to get off the ship. I'm sure she'll change her mind once we're there, but who knows. She still has a bad taste from the med cruise of me dragging her all over italy and france. She needed more sea days. That being said, having cc the 1st day won't be good for her. I will remind her that she has many sea days right after..blah blah.

So there you go..my issue for tonight. i'm sure i'll have more as we get closer.

cya
S

Here is a picture of the Zip Line:
HoneymoonCruise1452.jpg

Deb- I will PM you soon. Thanks for all you are doing!

Hey my dd turns 10 on 5/19, we'll have to have a joint cake for the kids!

As far as castaway goes: If the weather is nice, I'd leave my daughter in kids club on the island and go sit on the beach. I love reading in the sun. BUT since this is our first time I was trying to elimate excursions that all of you seasoned vets think are lame and can be done anywhere. I had planned on feeding the manta rays, but my dd just informend me that she doesn't want to get off the ship. I'm sure she'll change her mind once we're there, but who knows. She still has a bad taste from the med cruise of me dragging her all over italy and france. She needed more sea days. That being said, having cc the 1st day won't be good for her. I will remind her that she has many sea days right after..blah blah.

So there you go..my issue for tonight. i'm sure i'll have more as we get closer.

cya
S

Remind her that there won't be any kids club on the ship while at CC. Only on the island. Also remind her that there are no historical sites to see, no lectures to hear, only a beautiful island to relax and enjoy!

We like to snorkle, but bring our own gear and just borrow vests from DCL. We also enjoy the bike ride which is about an hour and the rest of the day is just hammock time!

If she is 3 by even a day and potty trained they will not insist she stay in Flounders.

Angie, today is day 5 for us....yeah.....we both really feel like this time is the last time.....there's no going back now. This is good. It makes it a little easier too because it helps to lock it in and stay resolved.

Thanks for all your help, I know we could not have done it without you. I know it's only day 5 and we have the rest of our lives to stay quit, but you have helped tremendously and when it gets very hard for me, maybe in two months or so, I will be calling you. So far, so good and it's not necessary. I can only hope it continues.

You are not alone, I don't like chocolate either! I only like it if it is in with something, like a snickers.

In general, I do not like chocolate EXCEPT for DARK chocolate. I LOVE dark chocolate. You can't even force feed me milk chocolate.

Leaving here in an hour or so to head to the game:cheer2: :cheer2: Should be a good one. I guess we are once again being accused of "piping in" crowd noise because we are such a loud stadium:lmao: People just don't understand, the PNW knows how to yell!!!!!

Great xmas pics V.
Angie, glad your DDIL and DGS made it home safely!

Watched the highlights on ESPN Kaylee - GREAT game! I bet you guys are sky high - but now on to the frozen tundra of Lambeau! I will be rooting for your Hawks in the NFC.

Have a great time at the game today Kaylee...I have to confess though.....being the East Coast girl that I am.....I'm going for the Skins in the early game and the Steelers in the later game. May the best playing team win! .....and may they be my teams.....ha ha ha.....

Deb strikes again!:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I have that game. it's tns of fun, especially if you have a large group of somewhat tipsy people playing it.:thumbsup2

Apples to Apples was fun, and yes, some of the group was tipsy. We had 12 playing. We took a bottle of Rosa Regale, and it was a big hit.

I cannot win at this game though. It is fun, but since the game is not a game of real skill, I stink at it. Did not get one card the first time around. I ate a bit too much so hard to go right to bed.

Oh well, I must either be the only one awake, or the only one on. I should get to bed soon!

good morning all!

Just watched Music and Lyrics...thought it was cute but I love Drew Barrymore and pretty much like everything she is in.

Yeah, but Hugh Grant.... :lovestruc

ok, I bought something from an infomercial......pedegg.....supposed to make your feet smooth and gorgeous for only $16.99!

Let me know how it works... I just bought Origins Reinventing the Heel... great stuff !!! http://www.origins.com/templates/pr...?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY5712&PRODUCT_ID=PROD5757

ooohhh! Clooney is on tonight - Ocean's 11!!! I need to just buy those movies!

George :love: beats Hugh Grant... Sorry Hugh...

The Mexican is on....just finished watching the Pelican Brief....I love Julia Roberts too! I am surprised she acts like a diva on set....I loved the show when she was pg and went to Clooney's house for dinner. I always thought they would have made a great couple.

I just want him to make me the same hamburger that he made for her... at his house... because it wouldn't taste the same at my house...

My diet keeps getting hijacked!!!

My diet went to Cold Stone for dinner tonight...

oh - I am in denial with Samantha's hair - it's a mullet ---- long in the back!!!

I keep telling my nieces... everything comes back in style... that's why I'm not cutting my hair :lmao:

Lisa/LiserAnn how is the weather tonight in CA? Getting any better? Hope the worst is over for you and that it gets nice out again. Until then, stay safe and be prepared.

Hi Deb-today was pretty calm, tomorrow it's supposed to whip up again. A levee broke in the desert, which is amazing for CA!!

Mark has to go to the Charger game with clients tomorrow, so I'm not thrilled about that since's on a good day it's an hour and half drive, but that's life! I'm just a worry wart. The boys and I will stay in tomorrow!

Aloha! Can't catch up yet, so doing another drive-by post. We are at the Westin in Maui and just love it. A beautiful ocean view from our room, music playing outside. We will celebrate our 15th anniversary on Wed, maybe going to a French restaurant. Tomorrow, we have tickets to catch the Mercedes Benz Golf Tournament but AFTER we have champagne brunch at the Maui Prince. I will make a toast to our champagne gals!! We miss the boys terribly, but so need this rest. Watching Michael Clayton now with George Clooney...love him! Nite all, Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter