May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!!

old poll

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,
I live outside Philly, work in Philly. My fiance-whom will be my DH 6/20/07 works in Annapolis and lives in Harford County MD. We will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary early on the cruise. We would love to meet up with some people who are going to be on the cruise. We will be in room 6135, Cat 11. Might be interested in the DOD group, but only one DOD! Well, I am, DH might be interested in more!!.
We are not younguns, this is our "real" marriage, having gotten rid of our "practice" spouses years ago.

Can't wait!!!

Scilla

We are not younguns, this is our "real" marriage, having gotten rid of our "practice" spouses years ago.

Can't wait!!!

Scilla[/QUOTE]:rotfl:

Check out the first page. Did you get your name on it! I am not from your area but I am sure there is someone close. There are a couple of meets in the works for different areas(Keep your eye on page 1) and

WELCOME!!!!!

who is planning on staying a day or two in LA? Any thoughts on where to stay? and how far is the port from DL? or other big sites?

There is lots of things to do in LA and an close by. Have you been before? What kind of thing are you thinking of? I believe the Ports are about 30 miles form DL. (Someone correctly if I am wrong) Are do you wait to staying on site at DL or just near by?

who is planning on staying a day or two in LA? Any thoughts on where to stay? and how far is the port from DL? or other big sites?

There are quite a few people planning on staying after.

Disneyland in California is different than WDW. There are only 3 on-site properties. There are also a ton of properties off-site. The ones across the street are just as close as some of the other on-site properties. I have never stayed at the off-site properties because I live close but will actually be staying at The Anaheim Desert Hotel and Suites in a couple of weeks and will let everyone know what I think. (Not that it counts what I have to say) I have stayed at Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier if you have any questions.

Ok - I now logistically it couldn't work but with all these Northern Cal folks on board, we should hire a big bus to take us home! Kids can talk, share stories, adults could sleep and not drive!

I couldn't see that Enterprise link - does anyone know where we can rent a car at the port and then drop off in SF area? Sorry if I missed the post - I'm trying to keep up!
Lisa

hehe.....I can recite the Kings/Queens of England (but not the Presidents of the US) because of historical/romance novels! Wanna hear?
William, William, Henry, Steve, Henry, Richard, John....OK I'll stop. It's easier than the Presidents...no last names, just numbers :lmao:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Since me thinks I am not the only one here who loves to read novels, do you know if they have any in the ship? Otherwise my suitcases will be even heavier with all those books!

I don't think anyone was questioning whether you were being PC with your choice of pronouns. :confused3 I think Captain Spanx was just trying to offer to PJ that she could use his address. Those Dis Geeks go waaaay back. But it won't work after all because of the Canadian issued credit card. I think that's what was going on anyway.

If I don´t get it when I am sober, you can imagine if I belonged to the DOD, one of the reasons I will be a designates walker :lmao:

See I knew I felt right at home here!

People always ask if my name comes from scrapbooking and the answer is no. I was finally signing up for the Dis after lurking for ages and was trying to think of a name for myself. I could not think of anything good at all. Then after realizing I was listening to the dvd "Singalong Songs, Disneyland Fun" for like the millionth time it hit me. The song my son loved to sing into a make up brush ( he was 2) Making Memories. I know among this crowd there must be a dozen or more of you who have this really old tape or dvd. It is a sing along filmed at Disneyland many years ago, they released it again for the 50th and we have it on dvd. It really gets the kids excited about upcoming trips to see the Disney resort on tv.

I love that song. My dad bought all the Singalong Videos for my little sister when she was a girl, but I, then teenager at the time, was the only one who loved watching them, talk about geeks :rotfl2:

I finally got the DVD version for my own dd and she loves it too!

My DH (Mike) would like to put together a Poker group. Is anyone interested?

He would post this himself but he is to very busy trying to earn money for the cruise. :laughing: :laughing: While, I sit here all day trying to keep up with the boards. :surfweb: It is a tuff job, but some one has to do it!;)

Ok - I now logistically it couldn't work but with all these Northern Cal folks on board, we should hire a big bus to take us home! Kids can talk, share stories, adults could sleep and not drive!

Lisa

Wouldn't that be great!! All the kids to the back and all the adults to the front. We can pass around one last DOD. :rotfl: Do you think they would have enough room for ALL the luggage? Or would we have to hire another bus just for the luggage?:laughing:

Frozen pipes: The rest of the story......

Well, for inquiring minds, $367 later, my pipes are all unfrozen! Only took about 5 minutes. Cool machine that hooks up to pipes like jumper cables, sends an electrical charge from one end of the pipe to the other which thaws it almost instantly. I have to focus on how cool that is, rather than what it cost! At least that's cheaper than what it would have cost if the pipe had burst.

Over and done with, I don't want to remember the price. Now I will leave my water trickling overnight and when I leave for work while it's that cold. Lesson learned. :scared1:

So now I actually have to head to work, where I'm sure I won't be checking in here, since my work will be sitting there waiting for me to get there. :eek: Try not to give me 30 pages to catch up on tonight after DS is in bed! :rotfl2:

Wow! I am glad that at least the plumbers got to you before the pipes burst.

Hi All,
I live outside Philly, work in Philly. My fiance-whom will be my DH 6/20/07 works in Annapolis and lives in Harford County MD. We will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary early on the cruise. We would love to meet up with some people who are going to be on the cruise. We will be in room 6135, Cat 11. Might be interested in the DOD group, but only one DOD! Well, I am, DH might be interested in more!!.

Can't wait!!!

Scilla

Scilla - We live over the bridge in South Jersey. Originally from Philly. We lived in the Art Museum area before kids. Would def. be interested in any precruise meets.

OK now we need a summary:

Jellojatdisney 39 on May 21
LisaG520 41 on May 20
Calmom 40 on May 16
Seaulater 29 on May ? (sorry can't remember)
NoSoLittleMermaid 59 on May 23
Granmaz 60 honorary May birthday

Anyone else?

I'm tracking all of the birthdays/anniversaries. So if anyone has an event to celebrate on the cruise, PM me.

I am SO glad I switched TAs away from DU. My new TA contacted me today to tell me DU messed up royally. When they made the reservation, they switched an existing reservation I had for Decemeber 2007 on which I put a $500 deposit. APparently, what I didn't know was that for the eastbound PC cruise, instead of $250 a person, a deposit of $500 perperson was required. Had my new TA not caught the error, I would have lost my reservation.

My DH (Mike) would like to put together a Poker group. Is anyone interested?

He would post this himself but he is to very busy trying to earn money for the cruise. :laughing: :laughing: While, I sit here all day trying to keep up with the boards. :surfweb: It is a tuff job, but some one has to do it!;)

My DH LOVES poker, so I'm sure he'll participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter