MAY 2015 Car Rentals

Fyi-Just got an accepted Priceline bid for a Mid-size car at $11 a day, May 8-16, pick up Orlando Airport. Total $161 with taxes and fees.

Thanks for posting your Priceline total amount.

The total is right on target (with what they have been for me in the past)

Low daily rate coupled with about an equal amount of (taxes plus extra fees)

$11 x 8 = $88 + $73 (taxes & fees) = $161

(my experience is Priceline car rental *fees* are higher than booking directly thru a car rental agency)

But Car Rental Agencies have a higher daily rate ... YMMV

Because car rental prices have gone up (the past couple of years)

Priceline has been my Backup plan.

Last edited:
Fyi-Just got an accepted Priceline bid for a Mid-size car at $11 a day, May 8-16, pick up Orlando Airport. Total $161 with taxes and fees.

I actually got this same Priceline rate ($11/day) for the same car, pick up/drop off and amount of days in 2011 and 2013 for the first week in May (in which Priceline gave us Hertz and this one in 2015 gave us Avis) when I bid 2-3 weeks before our vacations.

I just tried to check in to my Alamo rental and I got these error messages:
The Validate Pricing response is missing necessary rate detail information.
Vehicle is no longer available

I was able to check in to the return rental with no problem, I'm doing 2 one way rentals. Anybody else had this issue? I do have a confirmed reservation so I'm hoping I might just have to go to the counter. The last time I rented from them they didn't have any of the vehicle category I requested so they just upgraded me. I did email them and I'll try again tomorrow.

Decided to hit MK one more time before head home:teeth:

Now need 8 days coming in on 5/15

my new 'best' price is a mid size thru budget via USAA (anybody can join) codes/coupon listed on car rental savers site $185. It includes 2nd driver free

once signed into Alamo insider, I used the Costco code 7014627 & $30 coupon AD2338FDF and
VIOLA! we're down to $177.67 total:
5/13-21 - 8 days, midsize, p/u & d/o at dolphin

:yay:

Last edited:
Does anyone worry about getting an offsite pick up company if you use Priceline? We're only going to be there 3 days so I don't want to travel to get my car?!?

Does anyone worry about getting an offsite pick up company if you use Priceline? We're only going to be there 3 days so I don't want to travel to get my car?!?

That was my fear as well, though most of the major companies are in the terminal.

Though for me, we definitely need a second driver. We get the second driver free with Costco, and that with the Visa coupon was the cheapest for us. Adding the second driver would have been $90 more without it.

I just booked a car for three days on Expedia for $62.81 with firefly, which is in the airport according to the booking info!!!?!?!!!

In the past if you got Hertz ... you would go offsite.

That changed several years ago when Hertz moved to MCO onsite.

Priceline: Name Your Own Price® cars are provided by these trusted brands

Alamo-logo.jpg
Avis-logo.jpg
Budget-logo.jpg
Hertz-logo.jpg
National-logo.jpg

So far my best for May 12-19 is $174 all in through Dollar, but I booked this back in March. Haven't found a better deal since. In 2014, I scored a 7 day rental through Dollar for $115... I'm still hoping to match this last minute somehow.

I just got a compact (which for only DH and I of us is big enough) from Budget for May 9-18 for $142 total at carrentalsavers.com. They must have a lot of those, none of the other sizes were even close to that low. DH will complain all week about the "hamsters under the hood" but we'll cope for that price! :thumbsup2

I just got a compact for $125 (all in) from Alamo for May 11-16! I am so happy, I had one reserved with them for $200+ and was going to cancel. Now I can keep the rental and make my trip much easier! I might even be able to squeeze in 1 day at Universal!

I just got a compact (which for only DH and I of us is big enough) from Budget for May 9-18 for $142 total at carrentalsavers.com. They must have a lot of those, none of the other sizes were even close to that low. DH will complain all week about the "hamsters under the hood" but we'll cope for that price! :thumbsup2

have seen that compact deal for last few days, just too small for me to feel safe driving to TPA & back

I just got a compact for $125 (all in) from Alamo for May 11-16! I am so happy, I had one reserved with them for $200+ and was going to cancel. Now I can keep the rental and make my trip much easier! I might even be able to squeeze in 1 day at Universal!

codes/coupons?

I just booked mine on the Southwest Airlines site so I get better SWA points. I am an Alamo member and then SWA had a special corporate number 7016105 and my Rapid Rewards number. The amount was only a few dollars different on the Alamo site though. Good luck!

We got a standard through Alamo for May 27-June 5 for $203 picking up and dropping off at MCO. Used the Costco ID and $30 off code. It is actually cheaper to rent two than it is to rent a minivan!

I used the Costco code 7014627 & $30 coupon AD2338FDF and got my 17 day rental down to $363.47 total for a full size. Standard is the same price and I believe from past experience these are one and the same car class at Alamo.
I found the SW and AP codes are the same price. I know Costco includes a second driver, AP doesn't, and I didn't see that SW does either.

We have a full size booked through Alamo using the Costco travel site for $394 for 17 days, just wondering if I should anticipate it dropping any lower in anyones opinion?We leave May 10:)
I am under 2 weeks until my trip and I see you leave in two days. I just wanted to tag you to check your rental again. Mine is down this morning. Hopefully your's is too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter