*** May 2017 Disneyland Check-In ***

All you runners have fun this weekend!

I am getting excited and starting to put aside our Disney stuff (ears, hats, ponchos, shirts etc) . We're taking a 7 month old baby this time and it's been 13 years since I took a baby to DL! So packing for her for DL and the beach will be a bit of a challenge. I'm a planner and trying to tell myself to relax and go with the flow...but it's kinda up to me to make sure all the i's are dotted ;).

9 days til I'm in Disneyland!! Woohoo!

That is so sweet!! I love that bit of magic and the amazing memories you'll have of dancing with the characters! I think I'm going too fast sometimes at the parks to really catch those magic moments! Thanks for letting us know how your trip went and so glad it ended on such a high note!

Wow! So jealous of your low crowd level! I doubt we'll get that the 21 and 24, but a girl can dream, right? I love the fireworks!! I actually cried one visit when the wind was too much and they cancelled :(. And btmrr is our favorite! We go as soon as that area is open and ride it over and over again :). Thanks for the feedback!

I would have cried too. We arrived on Saturday and spent the evening in DTD and planned to watch the fireworks from there but they cancelled them. I was worried they would cancel Sunday too but luckily they didn't. You'll have a great time, even if crowded. Just use fastpasses and take a break if crowds get to be too much.

And btmrr is our favorite! We go as soon as that area is open and ride it over and over again :). Thanks for the feedback!

I've always considered BTMRR something I don't have to do at WDW after I rode it on our first trip there. But we rode it at DL because it was going to be our son's first grown up roller coaster (I certainly wasn't going to use Space Mountain as his first, lol!). I really really liked it at DL! It seemed so much smoother and more thrilling. I also loved the mine explosion scene. I was surprised at how seldom there was much of a wait for it compared to the rest of the park. Our first 45 minutes in the park, on a pretty busy day, it was only a 5 minute wait. IMHO people are missing out!

I've always considered BTMRR something I don't have to do at WDW after I rode it on our first trip there. But we rode it at DL because it was going to be our son's first grown up roller coaster (I certainly wasn't going to use Space Mountain as his first, lol!). I really really liked it at DL! It seemed so much smoother and more thrilling. I also loved the mine explosion scene. I was surprised at how seldom there was much of a wait for it compared to the rest of the park. Our first 45 minutes in the park, on a pretty busy day, it was only a 5 minute wait. IMHO people are missing out!
Shhhh....don't tell! :rolleyes1 We like to ride it over and over and get so annoyed when there's a long line! Lol!

It's almost here!! A week from today I'll be in Disneyland!!:dumbo:

We got back Saturday and it was the busiest we have ever seen the parks! We usually go in Oct, and even with the Halloween parties it has never been as crowded as it was last week. It rained one day, I was freezing every night (had to buy a jacket since I only brought a light hoodie), but we had fun. Watched MSEP twice, once on the BB package and once the 2nd parade.
We arrived on Saturday 7th at around 11AM and the plaza between the 2 parks was just a mass of people. You could not tell where the lines for DL and DCA started since they met in the middle of the plaza.

We did the most when we got to the parks right at opening. One morning we did BTMRR, Splash, Pooh, POTC, HM, got FP for ST, Buzz, and Nemo all before we started seeing crowds at around 10:30AM. I think people go straight to FL and ignore the rest of the park at opening so it was so nice to walk around and not see a mass of people.

It was so crowded FP for RSR were gone before noon, we got one FP for ST at around 12:45 and the return time was 9:20pm. Matterhorn had 2 hour waits, I did not notice when their FP were gone but it had a huge line the couple of mornings we walked by it.

Did Cove Bar, got there about 10 minutes before they opened and there was a small line (about 5-6 parties in front). There were 5 of us and we still got a waterside table. Every time we went by CB we saw a short line. We also went to Trader Sams. When we got there there was a short line at around 11:20, I thought we were going to be out of luck and wait forever (5 of us again). But I did not realize that TS opens at 11:30, so we were right on time and did get a table :) It was funny since some people in front of us chose to sit outside, I would not go to TS for an outside table myself.

Here now, yesterday was insane crowded. Hoping for a better day today. Also had a nightmare of a time getting here Sunday with a broke down train, 4 kids, car rentals and ubers. I won't do the train again!!

Here now, yesterday was insane crowded. Hoping for a better day today. Also had a nightmare of a time getting here Sunday with a broke down train, 4 kids, car rentals and ubers. I won't do the train again!!
Good luck. We'll be there tomorrow around noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter